PS Webstore Download Queue Issues

Matto_lsi

Anyone else having issues with Download Queue on PS4?

I start the download remotely (PSN store website), my PS4 wakes up from rest mode but then "Download Error" appears in the queue and PS4 goes back to rest mode.

Not sure, i put BioShock: The Collection and Shadow of the Colossus in the queue (of course i'm still getting one part queued out of two, for the former), my PS4 wasn't in Rest Mode though, it was completely turned off.

Edited by Lance_87

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for yet another bump, but has anyone who got this issue (the one i've been tried reporting for months, the one from that long post from my signature) ever tried contacting the PlayStation Support personally in the past few days/weeks? Via email or phone?

It is impossible that they refuse to aknowledge the issue. They keep saying it's my ISP but i demonstrated that it happens even with a different connection, in my case, a mobile one, because i have no access to other ISPs at the moment, for obvious reasons. Yet, they said that "you cannot download stuff with a 4G mobile connection" OH THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Nobody seems to understand that this issue happens BEFORE the stuff is on the consoles. It's a friggin' bug on a website, nothing more, nothing less. You can queue items with your consoles completely turned off, you don't have to download anything. It's the act of putting things in the queue that has a problem. I'll never ever stop repeating this. They don't know how the PlayStation Store website works, or how system activations work. PSN doesn't care if there's no console on the other side, the activation is enough to be able to queue stuff, otherwise the download buttons are greyed out.

Edited by Lance_87

• 1 month later...

While the issue i've been trying to report for months hasn't been solved yet, things just got worse since 2-3 days, as it's no longer possible to queue PS4 items from the PlayStation Store website.

The message i'm getting is roughly translated (sorry, Italian account here) to something like "Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to put it in the download queue on the PlayStation®4. Try again."

This only happens with PS4 content, single PS3/Vita items can be queued without problems.

Edited by Lance_87

I just gave it a try and ran into the same issue.  WTF is Sony doing?  It's insane to think they could break something like this and not immediately fix it.  This is PS4 - currently their #1 console - not PS3 or Vita.... just, wow.

On 5/8/2020 at 7:09 PM, Matto_lsi said:

I just gave it a try and ran into the same issue.  WTF is Sony doing?  It's insane to think they could break something like this and not immediately fix it.  This is PS4 - currently their #1 console - not PS3 or Vita.... just, wow.

I was using the queue a few weeks ago and it worked just fine for me. Maybe Sony hit a snag?

Sony is just incompetent. Would be nice if they just hired some tech geeks from Microsoft who know the ins and outs of networking. Very unlikely it will ever happen, since they're still competitors.

I used the web store queue on Saturday and it worked fine to download a game to my PS4. The download speed for the game sucked terribly but I had no problems adding the item to my queue and it starting to download on its own. 

22 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Would be nice if they just hired some tech geeks from Microsoft who know the ins and outs of networking.

It hilarious that you say this because of all the frustration my work is going though with Teams right now. 

On 11/5/2020 at 8:49 AM, Spaz said:

I was using the queue a few weeks ago and it worked just fine for me. Maybe Sony hit a snag?

Sony is just incompetent. Would be nice if they just hired some tech geeks from Microsoft who know the ins and outs of networking. Very unlikely it will ever happen, since they're still competitors.

They just can't have their Store without issues for more whan 1 month. There's ALWAYS something that doesn't work.

And... of course both this new issue and the other one are still happening as of today. This even makes PSDLE totally useless with PS4 content.

Edited by Lance_87

14 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

They just can't have their Store without issues for more whan 1 month. There's ALWAYS something that doesn't work.

And... of course both this new issue and the other one are still happening as of today. This even makes PSDLE totally useless with PS4 content.

Have you checked that your PS4 isn't trying to receive the download queue notification on a port that your router is blocking? I wish I was able to reproduce this error so I could try to troubleshoot it myself and make sure it's 100% on Sony's end.

On 11/5/2020 at 7:35 PM, DaivRules said:

Have you checked that your PS4 isn't trying to receive the download queue notification on a port that your router is blocking? I wish I was able to reproduce this error so I could try to troubleshoot it myself and make sure it's 100% on Sony's end.

The queue doesn't work on the site only, i've tried from a mobile connection, it's definitely on Sony's end, as usual. The site doesn't know what's physically on the other end. You can disintegrate your PS4 and the site would still be able to queue stuff as long as it sees an activation on your account.

Edited by Lance_87

24 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

The queue doesn't work on the site only, i've tried from a mobile connection, it's definitely on Sony's end, as usual. The site doesn't know what's physically on the other end. You can disintegrate your PS4 and the site would still be able to queue stuff as long as it sees an activation on your account.

Have you tried to inactivate then reactivate your PS4 and see if that makes a difference?

On 11/5/2020 at 10:36 PM, DaivRules said:

Have you tried to inactivate then reactivate your PS4 and see if that makes a difference?

Yes, no difference. It doesn't make any sense that we can only queue PS3/Vita content at the moment.

Someone on the EU blog wrote that it's also happening in the Portuguese web Store. From personal experience (i.e. this thread, from 2 years ago), i insist it's on Sony's end.

If it doesn't get fixed, delisted games that for some reason refuse to appear under your own Library (yes, it happens), will never be able to be downloaded AT ALL.

This new issue is literally the opposite of what happened 2 years ago.

Edited by Lance_87

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Yes, no difference. It doesn't make any sense that we can only queue PS3/Vita content at the moment.

Someone on the EU blog wrote that it's also happening in the Portuguese web Store. From personal experience (i.e. this thread, from 2 years ago), i insist it's on Sony's end.

If it doesn't get fixed, delisted games that for some reason refuse to appear under your own Library (yes, it happens), will never be able to be downloaded AT ALL.

This new issue is literally the opposite of what happened 2 years ago.

Sony was never great when it came to technical issues with technology. Microsoft was always better, because they had decades of experience dealing with problems on computers and whatnot.

• Like 2

Ok, after doing some testing, i've come to the conclusion that the PS4 download queue on the Store website currently works only if the PS4 is turned on or in Rest Mode.

Again, this is definitely not normal behaviour. I've always been able to queue stuff with the PS4 completely turned off.

I'm still able to queue PS3/Vita content without having turned them on for weeks.

The other issue still happens, by the way.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Ok, after doing some testing, i've come to the conclusion that the PS4 download queue on the Store website currently works only if the PS4 is turned on or in Rest Mode.

Again, this is definitely not normal behaviour. I've always been able to queue stuff with the PS4 completely turned off.

I'm still able to queue PS3/Vita content without having turned them on for weeks.

The other issue still happens, by the way.

So it looks like how I suspected: it’s pinging the console first and when it receives back the okay, it’s allows you to add to the queue.

Probably some engineer thought it was a great idea to change it in some PS4 firmware update and just rolled with it. 

On 15/5/2020 at 6:28 PM, DaivRules said:

So it looks like how I suspected: it’s pinging the console first and when it receives back the okay, it’s allows you to add to the queue.

Probably some engineer thought it was a great idea to change it in some PS4 firmware update and just rolled with it. 

Firmware update? Last firmware update was weeks before the issue started to happen O_o"

Edited by Lance_87

21 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Firmware update? Last firmware update was weeks before the issue started to happen O_o"

Hmmm.. this article from 2017 mentions that you have to have your PS4 in rest mode for the download queue to work:

https://www.howtogeek.com/328674/how-to-download-games-to-your-playstation-4-from-your-phone-or-pc/amp/

On 15/5/2020 at 10:07 PM, DaivRules said:

Hmmm.. this article from 2017 mentions that you have to have your PS4 in rest mode for the download queue to work:

https://www.howtogeek.com/328674/how-to-download-games-to-your-playstation-4-from-your-phone-or-pc/amp/

I insist that it is not how it used to work until a week ago. It was possible to queue anything no matter if the PS4 was completely turned off, on or in Rest Mode. And that's how it still works on PS3 and Vita. The automatic download doesn't even start if the PS3 is on, unless you switch to another account and then go back... and to this day, i still don't know how to properly trigger the queue on Vita lol. Old-gen PlayStations are too sluggish.

It wasn't a feature exclusive to Rest Mode. You didn't get the "Unfortunately, *insert PS4 content here* won't queue for download to the PlayStation®4 at the moment. Please try again." message (that's the proper translation) before. It's something new.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 6:18 PM, Lance_87 said:

The european PSN stores are a mess. They could not care less, people buy anyway and they make money. My country's store is a piece of junk, always broken, either via web or in the consoles. Support is a joke, either they're morons, dumb or dishonest (or a mix or the 3 at the same time).

Most people have not noticed but even in the european blog there's no longer a manager (or even someone) responsible for the promotion posts (and others). Years ago there were people responsible for this, they had names and they even "participated" in the posts. Vanished, now things fall from the air.

People must realize Sony doesn't give a shit about their customers. There's a gazillion idiots will buy anyway and still be fans, so it will only get worse.

Even if the european stores are more difficult to maintain they have 0 interest and competence to do it. Don't believe or expect anything to be solved, you're naive if you do. My opinion anyway.

On 18/5/2020 at 11:26 PM, cris3f said:

The european PSN stores are a mess. They could not care less, people buy anyway and they make money. My country's store is a piece of junk, always broken, either via web or in the consoles. Support is a joke, either they're morons, dumb or dishonest (or a mix or the 3 at the same time).

Most people have not noticed but even in the european blog there's no longer a manager (or even someone) responsible for the promotion posts (and others). Years ago there were people responsible for this, they had names and they even "participated" in the posts. Vanished, now things fall from the air.

People must realize Sony doesn't give a shit about their customers. There's a gazillion idiots will buy anyway and still be fans, so it will only get worse.

Even if the european stores are more difficult to maintain they have 0 interest and competence to do it. Don't believe or expect anything to be solved, you're naive if you do. My opinion anyway.

Yeah, i think they were named... Chris Howe... and Fred Dutton? Yeah they DID reply to people.

Edited by Lance_87

On 5/15/2020 at 2:58 PM, Lance_87 said:

I insist that it is not how it used to work until a week ago. It was possible to queue anything no matter if the PS4 was completely turned off, on or in Rest Mode. And that's how it still works on PS3 and Vita. The automatic download doesn't even start if the PS3 is on, unless you switch to another account and then go back... and to this day, i still don't know how to properly trigger the queue on Vita lol. Old-gen PlayStations are too sluggish.

It wasn't a feature exclusive to Rest Mode. You didn't get the "Unfortunately, *insert PS4 content here* won't queue for download to the PlayStation00ae.png4 at the moment. Please try again." message (that's the proper translation) before. It's something new.

This ^

I have NEVER added any content to my PS3, PS4, or Vita que when the console was on, not once, ever, and it's always worked before a week ago.  And to put it in perspective, I have never downloaded anything from the console/ps store itself on my PS4.  I never even loaded the PS Store one single time on my PS4 until this past week.  I ALWAYS use the web store.  Even if I'm in front of the tv with the controller in my hand I, instead of turning on my console I grab my computer (I have a laptop that always sits next to me on the couch, it lives there), load the store and set the remote que.  ALWAYS.  I was late to the party with PS3 cause of the price, I waited years to get one.  Before I picked one up, I started working in game dev about 10 years ago and had to work with PS3s, among other consoles (360 and Wii) and PC/Mac and even mobile platforms.  I also never buy digitally, so it wasn't until I started getting free games for PS+ years later that ever started even using the PS Store at home, but I did at work.  Sometime around mid to late 2011, if I remember correctly, Sony changed the PS Store.  It was so awful - sluggish and gross, among other things - that I began to dread having to use it, which I did at work all the time.  So when I finally started using digital products on PS3 (and then Vita and PS4) at home, I avoided the terrible PS Store on console at all costs.  So to this day, I NEVER use it on console.  NEVER.  I do everything through the web store on my PC.  And I am 100% sure that to this day and nearly 10 years after I started using the web store, that it has NEVER required a console to be on, cause I always trigger downloads remotely on my PC before turning on the console.  With that said, I do know from my WORK experience that Vita and PS4 will start downloads automatically when they are turned on, PS3 however does require some kind of re-trigger (can be as simple as logging in and out of your online account on the console).  But either way, at HOME, on my personal account, I ALWAYS trigger the remote downloads when the console is off, and it's ALWAYS worked on all 3 PS devices for the last ~10 years.... until last week.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

This ^

I have NEVER added any content to my PS3, PS4, or Vita que when the console was on, not once, ever, and it's always worked before a week ago.  And to put it in perspective, I have never downloaded anything from the console/ps store itself on my PS4.  I never even loaded the PS Store one single time on my PS4 until this past week.  I ALWAYS use the web store.  Even if I'm in front of the tv with the controller in my hand I, instead of turning on my console I grab my computer (I have a laptop that always sits next to me on the couch, it lives there), load the store and set the remote que.  ALWAYS.  I was late to the party with PS3 cause of the price, I waited years to get one.  Before I picked one up, I started working in game dev about 10 years ago and had to work with PS3s, among other consoles (360 and Wii) and PC/Mac and even mobile platforms.  I also never buy digitally, so it wasn't until I started getting free games for PS+ years later that ever started even using the PS Store at home, but I did at work.  Sometime around mid to late 2011, if I remember correctly, Sony changed the PS Store.  It was so awful - sluggish and gross, among other things - that I began to dread having to use it, which I did at work all the time.  So when I finally started using digital products on PS3 (and then Vita and PS4) at home, I avoided the terrible PS Store on console at all costs.  So to this day, I NEVER use it on console.  NEVER.  I do everything through the web store on my PC.  And I am 100% sure that to this day and nearly 10 years after I started using the web store, that it has NEVER required a console to be on, cause I always trigger downloads remotely on my PC before turning on the console.  With that said, I do know from my WORK experience that Vita and PS4 will start downloads automatically when they are turned on, PS3 however does require some kind of re-trigger (can be as simple as logging in and out of your online account on the console).  But either way, at HOME, on my personal account, I ALWAYS trigger the remote downloads when the console is off, and it's ALWAYS worked on all 3 PS devices for the last ~10 years.... until last week.

Overreacting here much?

The store on the PC is always more convenient. I set up the download queue on PS3 and PS4, turn on the consoles, and I'll have a pop up saying my games are being downloaded. Digitally or DLC content, didn't matter. 

I have not queued anything since April this year, so I don't know if Sony is being incompetent as always or there was some change to make your devices not work.

I absolutely despised the Xbox 360 menus back when I played on that console (before I got into trophies), one thing Sony got right in the PS3/360 era was their menus and interface were easy to use. Once you start making the interface sluggish and complicated I really start to get pissed off.

Don't know what else to tell you. In my experience I find Customer Support at Sony to be pretty useless, because like all big corporations, they hire some monkeys who are told to read off of a script, can't even solve the most basic of problems.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved for you in the near future.

I've been having this issue myself, only very recently. I can no longer queue PS4 downloads remotely from either the web store, or the PS app (PS3 and Vita are working, unchanged).

After reading in this thread, I've tried queuing remotely while the console is powered on, and that DOES work. If this is a deliberate change, it defeats what I thought the purpose was.

Edited by VI_underGROUND
typo

On 19/5/2020 at 8:58 PM, Matto_lsi said:

This ^

No the queue was introduced in 2013. Also in 2016-2017 they started sending receipts to your email inbox even if you bought 0 bucks worth of content (i.e. all free stuff). Then things started to go messy. Back in 2018 it was temporarily impossible to queue anything (as per this thread), then on that same year they decided to "retire" all entries in your Transaction History older than 2 years (which is technically illegal), and again on August 2019 they broke the queue again for bundles and multi-part/multi-episode games. Is anyone still getting that issue, by the way?

Edited by Lance_87