PS Webstore Download Queue Issues

Matto_lsi

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

No the queue was introduced in 2013. Also in 2016-2017 they started sending receipts to your email inbox even if you bought 0 bucks worth of content (i.e. all free stuff). Then things started to go messy. Back in 2018 it was temporarily impossible to queue anything (as per this thread), then on that same year they decided to "retire" all entries in your Transaction History older than 2 years (which is technically illegal), and again on August 2019 they broke the queue again for bundles and multi-part/multi-episode games. Is anyone still getting that issue, by the way?

No, I was saying the store on console got a redesign in 2011 (it was actually 2012, just did the research) and that after that change I just couldn't stomach using the store on console.  I had to for work, but I had no need at home cause I didn't buy digitally.  It was such a god-awful experience.  So once I began using PS+ at home a couple years later, I exclusively used the web store and avoided the store on console.  By the time I began using the store at home, all those features - including remote download - were already integrated.  At work I had no reason to use the web store, it wasn't relevant for my job.  The distinction I made between home and work use probably wasn't relevant.  My point was is that I only use the web store at home, and have always used it at home exclusively, and I've never had my consoles turned on when adding a game to my remote download list, and its never been a problem... until last week.

19 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

No, I was saying the store on console got a redesign in 2011 (it was actually 2012, just did the research) and that after that change I just couldn't stomach using the store on console.  I had to for work, but I had no need at home cause I didn't buy digitally.  It was such a god-awful experience.  So once I began using PS+ at home a couple years later, I exclusively used the web store and avoided the store on console.  By the time I began using the store at home, all those features - including remote download - were already integrated.  At work I had no reason to use the web store, it wasn't relevant for my job.  The distinction I made between home and work use probably wasn't relevant.  My point was is that I only use the web store at home, and have always used it at home exclusively, and I've never had my consoles turned on when adding a game to my remote download list, and its never been a problem... until last week.

Interesting, I'm going to have to test this myself to see if I run into the same problems.

It's probably somebody at Sony not knowing what they're doing. Given Sony's incompetence, this is nothing new.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

With the recent news (https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/sony_launching_new_ps_store_on_web_and_mobile_this_month) about the PlayStation Store website overhaul and the removal (from the website only, not from the console Store apps or the PSN servers at all) of all the PSP/PS3/Vita content (including PS4 apps, avatars and themes, for whatever reason) i'm going to "soft-delete" (i.e. strikethrough) such content from the main list in the second page of this thread and from several other posts. Thanks again to whoever supported me and this thread, even if nothing came out of it. It's a really bad day for owners of old-gen systems. It they ever decide to bring down the Download Queue feature, too, this thread will lose its purpose and i will request its closure.

Edited by Lance_87

• 3 weeks later...

Well, what can i say... the old list i made in page 2 is no longer valid, as only games and demos appear in the Library (formerly Download List) now.

The Download Queue still works, even with the console turned off, obviously limited to PS4/PS5 content only. You don't even get weird issues like what happened to Uncharted 4 (it was impossible to queue the game directly from its Store page, it told you that you already owned both the game and the Multiplayer Currency) anymore, as you're always redirected to your Library.

The only issue at the moment is that you get like 20-30 items stuck in the Queue, if you ever decide to mass-redownload your PS4 themes. They just cannot be removed. Nothing to fuss about, the Store has just opened and hopefully it'll be fixed soon, or it'll just go away by itself...