E3 2018: Kingdom Hearts 3 is Coming January 29

MidnightDragon

Props to you for leaving the actual year out of the title (in case it was on purpose).

The delay was a given. Ever since the new console generation started there has rarely been a game that didn't get it's release pushed back. Shenmue 3 was supposed to have released 2017, FF VII remake was scheduled for 2017, and don't even get me started on Dead Island 2...

I still stand by what I've been saying for years. Companies should scrap the whole announcement of release dates, as it's obvious that they won't be able to keep the deadline anyway. Just announce it when the actual launch preparations start a couple of months prior it's actual release. Otherwise people might start thinking you have no idea what you're doing...oh wait, to late for that.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

I'm slightly bummed that it got delayed into 2019 just because I was so sure that they were confident enough with their 2018 release year... 

Otherwise, I am happy that they are taking their time to make it the best they can. Hopefully they will be fixing the issues players found in the Premiere.

Really looking forward to this game. Already counting the days until I have it in my hands.

I'm really happy. People who are pissed off or angry, i don't get it. The release is 29 January 2019 (Which is the first Official date anyway i don't knwo why everyone talks about Delay, this not being 2018 is the first delay and by a month, we never even had years of release before) just 1-2 months off What it could have been, i doubt 2018 would have been like august anyway if that was the hope.

Personally i can't wait and i'm glad with this date i have 6 months to Pre-Order it, get KH 2.8 and play all the series on Ps4, i ahve time without rushing before 3 Comes out so perfect for me :3 

Plus Nomura Itself said they are sorry for the delay but want to do a great work. A lot better wait a month more for that or people want another ff style situation here for rushing now? 

Edited by Sora9427

Well, I won't mind the wait. I guess they want to avoid the big time games during the holidays. Either way, I'm glad it's coming out next year. As for those complaining about it, seriously? If you can't handle the wait, then don't buy the game.

My calendar is finally marked. We have been waiting for this game for a very long time, and knowing it reached a point where a release date has been given means that, even if it is delayed again, it will stay within the current FY, so we are almost there indeed! 

The 2019 date means the game was slightly delayed from its 2018 release window, but I cannot really care with the utter barrage of games coming Q3/4 this year. I will be BUSY anyway, so I welcome a January release with open arms! <3 

To those patiently waiting since 2006 like me: may your heart be your guiding key!

• Like 1

People are acting like this isn't the first actual delay of the game- the ONLY release date we had been given until now was 2018. It's a smart move, lots of games announced to be coming out coming up to the holidays, plus every extra day they have to work on is only a good thing at this point.

I'm skeptical. Why would they build up all this hype around it, then give us the release date during an event only a few people will attend, event taking place two days ahead of their E3 conference?

Plus, Kingdom Hearts 2 was released on December 22, 2005 in Japan.
Kingdom Hearts 3 is allegedly getting released on January 29, 2018.

That's a gap of exactly 1 month, 13 years and 7 days.

I'm positive this is a prank and we'll have our real release date on monday.

EDIT : Never mind.

Edited by gerboize

1 hour ago, MeteorHawk said:

People are acting like this isn't the first actual delay of the game- the ONLY release date we had been given until now was 2018. It's a smart move, lots of games announced to be coming out coming up to the holidays, plus every extra day they have to work on is only a good thing at this point.

Agreed. So this delay is a good thing. And I don't mind waiting. Plus, Nomura apologized for the delay. So he was honest.

I wonder if this release will be the final version of the game, or if it will go through a Final Mix treatment one year later. This is the first time a main number KH game has launched on home console, since PS2, and DLC were not a thing then.