After 66 weeks, it finally slipped from the top 10

DrEvilGuapo

It is a stellar game, one that I had seen friends that were dedicated Xbox fans wanting to come over and play it. Even had one friend go out and buy a ps4 and the game to play it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, InfraRedPS said:

Ive not played God of War yet but considering praise for the game saying ‘best PS4 game ever’ do you think it will exceed HZD time in the top 10?

God of War was fantastic. Still, I find it hard to fathom any game having the kind of sustained high player base that HZD has had, which was certainly helped later on by its DLC (which GoW will not have).

Tracking games on the most popular games list after release is quite fascinating. Monster Hunter World, for example, was #1 by a long shot when it released and fell out of the top ten within 5-6 weeks. 

42 minutes ago, InfraRedPS said:

Ive not played God of War yet but considering praise for the game saying ‘best PS4 game ever’ do you think it will exceed HZD time in the top 10?

GoW has way better writing and acting. I can't even think of HZD's music, but GoW's score was insanely good too.

Game design wise it's a bit more subjective. I guess you could say that about all of it, but meh.

What I played of HZD was fantastic, need to get back into it, I just had too much going on at the time. God of War is a game that deserves to be played massively for years to  come, although it won't be bolstered by DLC. Not that it needs it because, contrary to what some morons claim, the game is loaded with content.

Edited by MeteorHawk
  • Like 2

Just now, Kittet3 said:

I'm actually curious now of how you're tracking these really specific numbers. Do you have a really good memory or is it listed on the site somewhere?

I was also keeping an eye on it and made a few status updates along the way. It's on this site at the bottom right

It's my goty for 2017 for sure!

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

What an impressive run for this game. It has been on the top 10 games played on this site since its launch. 66 weeks in a row.  It only slipped out to #11 this weekend.

I’ve seen no game even come close to that kind of duration.  It truly is a testament to how good HZD is. 

GTA V PS3 came pretty close

10 hours ago, KingCuervo88 said:

pretty sure GTAV was top 10 for a loooooong time... still remember launch day and seeing it at over 300K players

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

39 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Same here but odds are it just joins my ever expanding backlog for years to come

A game with this much acclaim moves to the front of my backlog... I'm finishing up AC Origins, then it's on to HZD! I need some games that will take some time anyways cause I'm getting way to many gold trophies for the Sony Rewards Program.