List of PS3 games with Online Trophies still obtainable.

Yuukiyun

Good work on this list, but I think soon you'll be saying goodbye to a lot of these hahaha. I wouldn't get anyone's hopes up about Fight Night Round 4 because the human with all the belts is very determined to not help people anymore, but aside from that Fight Night Champion's Rival Gym trophies and "This is Sim" are now unobtainable. I recommend looking into and including any trophies that are unobtainable, because some people might look at this list and think they can start some of these games and get all trophies when an in-game feature doesn't work properly. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

I'm afraid you may have wasted your efforts a bit. While it's appreciated, there is already a thread that lists all the games whose online shut down or is shutting down.

You basically switched it around. Your version might lead to confusion, as several of the games on your list can't be platinumed anymore (not necessarily due to online closure, but due to some online services having been shut down).

Edited by voodoo_eyes

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Good work on this list, but I think soon you'll be saying goodbye to a lot of these hahaha. I wouldn't get anyone's hopes up about Fight Night Round 4 because the human with all the belts is very determined to not help people anymore, but aside from that Fight Night Champion's Rival Gym trophies and "This is Sim" are now unobtainable. I recommend looking into and including any trophies that are unobtainable, because some people might look at this list and think they can start some of these games and get all trophies when an in-game feature doesn't work properly. 

I'll look into it.

4 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'm afraid you may have wasted your efforts a bit. While it's appreciated, there is already a thread that lists all the games whose online shut down or is shutting down.

You basically switched it around. Your version might lead to confusion, as several of the games on your list can't be platinumed anymore (not necessarily due to online closure, but due to some online services having been shut down).

Funny, because I linked that thread in this thread. Anyway, I think this is a good way to let people know about some more obscure titles they wouldn't have found otherwise. Like I said, not every game is going to have a warning.

• Like 1

A magnificent amount of work. But I think it is a rather confusing list.
I know, you made that list so that people can see which games have still their servers up. So that they know, which games with mp trophies they can still try. But at the same time you didn't include the games which mp trophies can be done offline, leaving out quite a few titles. People who might try to rely on your list will then be kept wondering if the games who aren't on this list really are unobtainable because of closed servers or if they can still be done offline. So, if you can't really depend on this list based wether a game is on it or not, it kinda does take away the meaning of this whole thing, doesn't it?

38 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

A magnificent amount of work. But I think it is a rather confusing list.
I know, you made that list so that people can see which games have still their servers up. So that they know, which games with mp trophies they can still try. But at the same time you didn't include the games which mp trophies can be done offline, leaving out quite a few titles. People who might try to rely on your list will then be kept wondering if the games who aren't on this list really are unobtainable because of closed servers or if they can still be done offline. So, if you can't really depend on this list based wether a game is on it or not, it kinda does take away the meaning of this whole thing, doesn't it?

I'll consider adding that later, once I finish with the Japanese titles. Thanks for the feedback.

I was thinking about creating a list like this but with Unobtainable Platinum due servers or Glitches but I looked at the size of the list and it’s huge. You made one even bigge because you included most (if not all) with Platinum obtainable :o

In my personal opinion, I would change to Unobtainable, making this list more simple and easy to find each game... I can help you if you need ;)

@voodoo_eyes it’s not the same list and I think this one is needed. That thread includes upcoming shutdowns, it doesn’t include games that are closed long ago or have any glitched trophies...

• 6 months later...

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Darkstalkers Resurrection, echochrome ii, Katamari Forever, Malicious, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack have online trophies.

The following Japanese games also have online trophies: EX Troopers, Gundam: Extreme Vs., and Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost.

Edited by Zenkoto_
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I would love to help fill in the blanks…I know at least Zuma’s Revenge is missing in this list off the top of my head ?

I think a list of “Still Obtainable” is far more proactive and helpful. Finding out a server is shutdown is obviously too late to know ?‍♂️ 

This thread dates back to 2018. The OP still lists Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception as being obtainable even though we all know the server shutdown was in September 2019, same with the original The Last of Us.

Mortal Kombat isn't obtainable anymore. This list is horrendously out of date.

• Like 2