SunnyCrappyYT

List of PS3 games with Online Trophies still obtainable.

17 posts in this topic

Nice job . This is very helpful. 

Very nice list but its not even 20 minutes old and its already going to become out dated, as today some  EU players discovered Motorstorm Apocalypse is shutting down on June 22, 2018. 

Posted (edited)

Good work on this list, but I think soon you'll be saying goodbye to a lot of these hahaha. I wouldn't get anyone's hopes up about Fight Night Round 4 because the human with all the belts is very determined to not help people anymore, but aside from that Fight Night Champion's Rival Gym trophies and "This is Sim" are now unobtainable. I recommend looking into and including any trophies that are unobtainable, because some people might look at this list and think they can start some of these games and get all trophies when an in-game feature doesn't work properly. 

Edited by Sergen

Posted (edited)

I'm afraid you may have wasted your efforts a bit. While it's appreciated, there is already a thread that lists all the games whose online shut down or is shutting down.

You basically switched it around. Your version might lead to confusion, as several of the games on your list can't be platinumed anymore (not necessarily due to online closure, but due to some online services having been shut down).

Edited by voodoo_eyes

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Good work on this list, but I think soon you'll be saying goodbye to a lot of these hahaha. I wouldn't get anyone's hopes up about Fight Night Round 4 because the human with all the belts is very determined to not help people anymore, but aside from that Fight Night Champion's Rival Gym trophies and "This is Sim" are now unobtainable. I recommend looking into and including any trophies that are unobtainable, because some people might look at this list and think they can start some of these games and get all trophies when an in-game feature doesn't work properly. 

I'll look into it.

4 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'm afraid you may have wasted your efforts a bit. While it's appreciated, there is already a thread that lists all the games whose online shut down or is shutting down.

You basically switched it around. Your version might lead to confusion, as several of the games on your list can't be platinumed anymore (not necessarily due to online closure, but due to some online services having been shut down).

Funny, because I linked that thread in this thread. Anyway, I think this is a good way to let people know about some more obscure titles they wouldn't have found otherwise. Like I said, not every game is going to have a warning.

Posted (edited)

I see Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 up there...but not 2? When, if it was, was DWG2 shut down? (I see the latest achiever was May 5th)

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

You’re missing Modern Warfare 2&3. Both are still obtainable. 

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

You’re missing Modern Warfare 2&3. Both are still obtainable. 

Both can be done in split screen so he's not counting them. 

EDIT:

Added that he wasn't counting them. :facepalm: 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

A magnificent amount of work. But I think it is a rather confusing list.
I know, you made that list so that people can see which games have still their servers up. So that they know, which games with mp trophies they can still try. But at the same time you didn't include the games which mp trophies can be done offline, leaving out quite a few titles. People who might try to rely on your list will then be kept wondering if the games who aren't on this list really are unobtainable because of closed servers or if they can still be done offline. So, if you can't really depend on this list based wether a game is on it or not, it kinda does take away the meaning of this whole thing, doesn't it?

38 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

A magnificent amount of work. But I think it is a rather confusing list.
I know, you made that list so that people can see which games have still their servers up. So that they know, which games with mp trophies they can still try. But at the same time you didn't include the games which mp trophies can be done offline, leaving out quite a few titles. People who might try to rely on your list will then be kept wondering if the games who aren't on this list really are unobtainable because of closed servers or if they can still be done offline. So, if you can't really depend on this list based wether a game is on it or not, it kinda does take away the meaning of this whole thing, doesn't it?

I'll consider adding that later, once I finish with the Japanese titles. Thanks for the feedback.

Good work!  I was wondering if I could knock out RDR before the new one comes out in October.  So checking this list was great!

Glad to see R.U.S.E. servers still available. I will start it soon

I was thinking about creating a list like this but with Unobtainable Platinum due servers or Glitches but I looked at the size of the list and it’s huge. You made one even bigge because you included most (if not all) with Platinum obtainable :o

In my personal opinion, I would change to Unobtainable, making this list more simple and easy to find each game... I can help you if you need ;)

@voodoo_eyes it’s not the same list and I think this one is needed. That thread includes upcoming shutdowns, it doesn’t include games that are closed long ago or have any glitched trophies...

51 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

Good work!  I was wondering if I could knock out RDR before the new one comes out in October.  So checking this list was great!

One is pure garbage right now. Good luck with boosting.

Posted (edited)

The Aliens: Colonial Marines Platinum, can be obtained in offline LAN matches if you have 2 PS3s so would remain obtainable if the servers closed :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.