Server shutdown 27/08/2018

Vergil

Here is a tip to all looking for a quick way to earn XP (I know it has been mentioned before, but I just want to clarify): Download the free dlc packs from the PS Store for Motorstorm Apocalypse and they will appear in the game as Special Events. These will provide you with a lot of XP Chips, the most providing you with 25,000 XP. Some of them are quite challenging so the alternate way to boost is to: Do eliminator races online with 5 seconds settings. Don't do it with a 2nd controller, rather with other people as you can't place a bet on yourself.  One person wins until they get level 40 and place bets after each race with :square: to maximize the bet XP. Eventually don't press :square: to get all the XP from the bets you have won as that is how betting works as it also nets you a lot of XP.

19 minutes ago, Genghis said:

Here is a tip to all looking for a quick way to earn XP (I know it has been mentioned before, but I just want to clarify): Download the free dlc packs from the PS Store for Motorstorm Apocalypse and they will appear in the game as Special Events. These will provide you with a lot of XP Chips, the most providing you with 25,000 XP. Some of them are quite challenging so the alternate way to boost is to: Do eliminator races online with 5 seconds settings. Don't do it with a 2nd controller, rather with other people as you can't place a bet on yourself.  One person wins until they get level 40 and place bets after each race with :square: to maximize the bet XP. Eventually don't press :square: to get all the XP from the bets you have won as that is how betting works as it also nets you a lot of XP.

Well, the part where I think you haven't notice is that you can boost with a 2nd controller, but you have to use another account for that 2nd controller and then you can Bet.

The bets give you a lot of points, but i had lost connection, so many times i lost the pot. So i went for other strategy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, the part where I think you haven't notice is that you can boost with a 2nd controller, but you have to use another account for that 2nd controller and then you can Bet.

The bets give you a lot of points, but i had lost connection, so many times i lost the pot. So i went for other strategy.

He is right, 2 controller method actually works but only if you use a second psn account for the Betting.

I went out of my way to finish off Pacific Rift so I could move on to this game before the server shutdown. It only took a single race though to realise it wasn't worth the rush. What a downgrade this game is compared to Pacific Rift.

18 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Surprised so many people did this shutdown. It looks so tacky to have it without Pacific Rift done, which unfortunately closed 6 years ago.

What are you even saying? It sounds like you're saying that people shouldn't get the platinum for this game if they don't have the platinum for a different game. But that makes no sense. so it can't be that, right?

28 minutes ago, mekktor said:

I went out of my way to finish off Pacific Rift so I could move on to this game before the server shutdown. It only took a single race though to realise it wasn't worth the rush. What a downgrade this game is compared to Pacific Rift.

What are you even saying? It sounds like you're saying that people shouldn't get the platinum for this game if they don't have the platinum for a different game. But that makes no sense. so it can't be that, right?

I'm not saying they shouldn't, but i'm saying I think it looks tacky as I'm someone that thinks series continuity looks nice. E.g. I think it looks really tacky to have FEAR 3 without FEAR 2, or Far cry 1, 3, 4, and 5 without Far cry 2. I know a lot of my friends agree with this notion, although many people don't too. 

6 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't, but i'm saying I think it looks tacky as I'm someone that thinks series continuity looks nice. E.g. I think it looks really tacky to have FEAR 3 without FEAR 2, or Far cry 1, 3, 4, and 5 without Far cry 2. I know a lot of my friends agree with this notion, although many people don't too. 

I agree its nice having series continuity in a profile but hardly tacky without it. Especially for a game such as this where its a racing game where there isn't really any continuity between the series. I don't know about others, but I by the time I got into Motorstorm, PR's servers were long closed leaving this as the only option if I wanted to plat it. I enjoyed the game in its own right, not because I played its predecessor.

Anyway, contgrats to those go got all their online trophies done before the closure. Waiting now for the next closure announcement ? 

Eventually no PS3 Title will have Online support and honestly I would fully welcome either an upgraded service on PlayStation Now that enabled Trophy support for the Online portions of games. Either that or they could remaster them Imagine a Motorstorm Remastered Edition or something like that. I'd like that.

But I apply this to past iterations of games too like a FIFA World Cup Collection bundle with all online support reintroduced but let's say for example to cover this the cost of PlayStation Plus goes up. A small price to pay for playing the Classics.

17 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I don’t think having Fear 3 plat and not fear2 plat looks tacky, I loved Fear 1 and 2’s story, haven’t played the 3rd one yet and even bought the Japanese stack version for Fear 2 knowing I’ll never be able to Platinum it or the US version... same idea with Far Cry series some people may just like the SP part and not the multiplayer. You could look at it this way...damn that guy got all 3 Fear plats good job, but how many hours of their life was wasted doing the multiplayer grind for Fear2... in fact I don’t that think I’ve heard anyone every brag about finishing ANY multiplayer boost grind. It was always a relief and a “I’ll never do that again” saying, but yea I screwed the pooch with Apocalypse, ah well maybe someone like @LoStraniero91 or @NeM2k2might try it with GoneSpy, but it probably won’t work. Next up Modnation Racers and Evolve

On 28.8.2018 at 5:18 AM, Potent_Delusions said:

Have to do MotorStorm RC atleast not just Apocalypse alone. I get your point. I think the same.  I just wanted too get this one done before closure even cant do full set. Im fastest so it's toally worth it :) 

19 hours ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

Eventually no PS3 Title will have Online support and honestly I would fully welcome either an upgraded service on PlayStation Now that enabled Trophy support for the Online portions of games. Either that or they could remaster them Imagine a Motorstorm Remastered Edition or something like that. I'd like that.

But I apply this to past iterations of games too like a FIFA World Cup Collection bundle with all online support reintroduced but let's say for example to cover this the cost of PlayStation Plus goes up. A small price to pay for playing the Classics.

Companies release a game, they support it and end it, it's extremely galling paying for something that will inevitably end but i suppose everything has a lifespan when you look at it, what i do think is game companies should release patches to unlock any online related trophies if servers have been closed down, it's all well and good having server closure notices and designated periods but it's inevitable people will miss out due to the lack of awareness of closures, in essence paying for half a game.

I suppose it's more wishful thinking on my behalf, the hatred of having an incomplete game on my profile and the annoyance it has caused me just seeing it there unfinished, i got Motorstorm: Apocalypse done well before the deadline but the likes of EA games where you have thousands of unattainable trophies over numerous games irritates me greatly, its a developers choice to tie trophies to servers and online components, not the consumer, In my opinion, if a game is released with a online , the developers should be made to state a timescale that online services will end by, rather than a 30 day notice period hidden at the arse end of their website.

• Like 1

While its not as good as Pacific Rift or the OG, this game was still insanely fun to me. I played it alot more during 2012-2013 so I had to rush to get the trophies, as I did not have it on this account. I started on the 25th and finished by 2 am on the 27th.I was surprised i actually got it done. online; There was still some people racing there, and it was honestly sad seeing some regulars and people who had level 80 profiles seeing their game being shut down. Barring any miracle, that same heartbreak will happen to me when ModNation Racers shut down.

The thing i hate the most about the Pacific Rift shutdown is that certain vehicles were locked behind online trophies...

At least we can get the Atlas Earthquake monster truck thanks to a glitch (if you have the DLCs installed IIRC)

(well, Apocalypse was even worse: ALL base, non-DLC vehicles except the first ones in each category, and even the customization parts, required online)

Edited by Lance_87

On 28-8-2018 at 5:18 AM, Potent_Delusions said:

I fail to see any sort of logic here. Especially when I look at your own profile, where games like Far Cry Classic and Crysis 1 seem to be missing, you only have Black Ops 3 and not 1 and 2, etc. That's fine by me of course, your profile looks nice enough with many games that look very good on any profile. But it does make me wonder about your reasoning. The only thing I can come up with is that this is 'allowed' because that is when you picked up the series first. But then this still holds absolutely no relation to Motorstorm, because Pacific Rift was released in 2008 and Apocalypse in 2011. So please explain, how does this work exactly?

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I fail to see any sort of logic here. Especially when I look at your own profile, where games like Far Cry Classic and Crysis 1 seem to be missing, you only have Black Ops 3 and not 1 and 2, etc. That's fine by me of course, your profile looks nice enough with many games that look very good on any profile. But it does make me wonder about your reasoning. The only thing I can come up with is that this is 'allowed' because that is when you picked up the series first. But then this still holds absolutely no relation to Motorstorm, because Pacific Rift was released in 2008 and Apocalypse in 2011. So please explain, how does this work exactly?

You make a good point. here's why my profile is lacking some series continuity as of now: I was originally doing only Ultra Rare platinums until I got to 100 platinums but that changed when I decided to do The Culling 2 as it was closing because I wanted to earn all Battle Royale platinums. I own both Crysis 1 and Far Cry 1 and can do them whenever I like seeming as they are offline only. I do intend to do them eventually. 

• Like 1

Thanks, I do understand your reasoning better now. I still don't agree with it, but that's mostly for my own sake. When I started caring about trophies FEAR 2's servers were already shut down a long time, but with FEAR 3 being one of the funnest games I have played on the PS3 it is definitely one of my proudest plats to date. I did do the FEAR 2 campaign of course (as well as FEAR 1) but the plat will always be missing. Oh well!