E3 2018: Halo Infinite Revealed

Ghost

Microsoft just announced at its E3 press conference a new installment of the franchise that will be titled Halo Infinite.

“The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engine, Halo Infinite was revealed at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing with a thrilling engine demo that provides a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it into new and unexpected directions.”

Edited by Ghost

I wasn't a huge fan of Halo 4 or 5 but I still enjoy the franchise so I'm hopeful that 343 has learned from their mistakes with the last two games and delivers an awesome experience with Infinite. I'll be looking forward to some actual gameplay. 

Parker

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to see them now using an art style more in line with that of the classic art style, rather than what they did with 4 and 5. I'm not a fan of the art direction of those two, so I'm pleased to see this. No idea if it'll actually play more like a classic Halo game, or continue with the enhanced-mobility gameplay of 5, though. I'm hoping for the former. They're also going to be focusing on simpler stories, and not mixing book and game lore, which is a big plus.

• Like 1