Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (March 22, 2019)

Ghost

I personally really hope they keep putting a lot of world-building in their games. It is always impressive how many details they can put in the environment / item descriptions. Would also like the game to be a little more accessible to more skill levels, but I'm interested regardless.

On 6/16/2018 at 10:29 PM, DarkHarmonixer said:

i just hope that the combat is fluid unlike the Souls games. I really wanted to like Souls but the combat killed the enjoyment of the game for me.

While I don't mind Souls, I really prefer Nioh's system much more.  The alternate stances are a good addition.  I'd like to see them try something like that in Sekiro.

Edited by gameoverDude189

• 3 weeks later...

Miyazaki: You’ll Die A Lot in Sekiro, Though It’s Not Just for the Twitch Gamer

"The intention is the player will die a lot. That is because of the concept of the ninja protagonist at its core; as a ninja ,you’re a little less equipped than the average samurai or knight, you’re always at death’s door. We want every battle to feel intense – we want players to feel that risk and trepidation associated with battle and fighting toe to toe with these enemies. And in order to do that, the player has to die a lot. But when they die and respawn and die again, and then retry, that doesn’t feel good. So, we needed something to address that, and that became the resurrection system.

One thing we want everyone to understand is we don’t intend to make the game easier as a result or make the challenge any less effective. This was not created in order to make the player feel numb to death or make the player unafraid of death. We want them to still have ‘the stench of death’ present in every single encounter, if you will, so this is something that will be tuned and tweaked as we go forward. It’s going to have its own restrictions and limitations, and we’re going to have our own death penalty that fits this concept."

https://wccftech.com/miyazaki-youll-die-a-lot-in-sekiro/

• Like 2

13 July 2018

Resurrection, dynamic exploration and a multi-tooled arm: Hidetaka Miyazaki talks Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

The Bloodborne and Dark Souls director unravels (some) of the mysteries behind FromSoftware's latest project

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Sekiro will release on March 22, 2019 :) 

FromSoftware have announced  the Collector’s Edition of the game will be available at GameStop for $89.99.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Collector’s Edition

sekiro-shadows-die-twice-collectors-edit

The Collector’s Edition includes the following:

• Full Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Game
  • 7” Shinobi Statue
  • Map
  • SteelBook®
  • Collectible Artbook
  • Digital Soundtrack
  • Replica Game Coins

Collector's edition looks pretty cool. And the game comes out on my birthday as well!

Will probably end up getting this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Sekiro will release on March 22, 2019 :) 

FromSoftware have announced  the Collector’s Edition of the game will be available at GameStop for $89.99.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Collector’s Edition

sekiro-shadows-die-twice-collectors-edit

The Collector’s Edition includes the following:

• Full Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Game
  • 7” Shinobi Statue
  • Map
  • SteelBook®
  • Collectible Artbook
  • Digital Soundtrack
  • Replica Game Coins

THE HYPE IS REAL!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Thanx for sharing ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangeInStereo said:

No way the Collector's Edition with the statue will cost $89.99

My most anticipated game.

I was thinking that as well. I found the price here and it's the only site I found that has it listed.

https://heavy.com/games/2018/08/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-collector-edition/

Edited by Ghost