E3 2018: Forza Horizon 4 Revealed

Ghost

For the first time in the racing and driving genre, experience dynamic seasons in a shared open-world. Explore beautiful scenery, collect over 450 cars, and become a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain.

The game will release for Xbox One and Windows 10 losing its traditional end-of-summer launch window, and launching on October 2nd.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

Game looks great, as usual. Love the UK setting, will definitely be in on this, I can't wait to see what a Forza H game designed specially for the X is going to look like. The patch brought 3 up to something amazing and Forza 7 still stands as one of / if not the most beautiful racing games ever. So glad to see Microsoft aquire Playground Studios, while this means there will probably not be a Forza game on PS it is a great move locking down the leading developer and tech in the racing genre.

If you are a true arcade racing fan you really need to play H3 and no doubt H4 because until you do you don't even realise what is possible. 

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Parker said:

No, making a thread for each new game is fine. If you don't want to see the content, don't click on the thread. 

Parker

I didn't say it was forbidden. It's just a preference. Also, thanks for the golden tip. I never realised until now that if I didn't want see content, I should just not click on it. Sometimes I wonder if your wisdom has any finite limits.

As for the ontopic part, It's been a long time since I've played a racing game. I'll keep this on the radar.

Edited by Starlove-

• 3 months later...

Wasn't really interested before, but tried the demo last night and thinking about getting it at release. The game's a lot of fun to play. Driving feels good, as expected from Forza, and the graphics are amazingly beautiful.

The npcs and the whole influencer stuff is a bit annoying, but not as awful as in The Crew 2.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CyberJapanGamer said:

Hot damn I can't stop watching You tube videos of people playing FH4. It looks so amazing on the Xb1X.

Those graphics in places are almost photo realistic. 

The benchmark has been firmly raised and the future of gaming is looking great, literally.

Running on the X 1 the game is something else. If you are in the market I would recommend just be aware you probably won’t come back ?

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 8:29 AM, CyberJapanGamer said:

It was all too much. Had to do it. Bought Xb1X with FH4.

Good on you, are you enjoying it. It is a great game and an amazing console. If you are not tied to the Playstation I would recommend considering moving more of your triple A gaming over to the X1. The difference in the recent titles, Assassins Odyssey and Lara Croft is startling. There really is no comparison. Have fun :)

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Good on you, are you enjoying it. It is a great game and an amazing console. If you are not tied to the Playstation I would recommend considering moving more of your triple A gaming over to the X1. The difference in the recent titles, Assassins Odyssey and Lara Croft is startling. There really is no comparison. Have fun :)

Enjoying the XB1X so much, I don't even know where to begin. but I will try.

State of decay - Mostly read negative things about this game but I find it really addicting and whilst the graphics are poor I just love the game play.

Forza Horizon 4 - Easily the best looking console game I have ever seen, nothing comes close, I appreciate SONY fan boys might not want to hear that but for me it is the truth, and its not even close.

The console itself, so powerful, so stable, so quiet.

Next month will be very interesting with the XBOX convention coming up, news on cross play with PC players, keyboard and mouse support and more news on Dayz (which looks insane on you tube, not the graphics so much, but the game play how you actually talk to strangers whom you encounter etc).

Where do I stop? must be now. So excited about gaming on the Xbox right now, I honestly think the next year or two will be huge for Xbox.

11 hours ago, soniq said:

Good choice, it's a great game!

It is so good. Looks photo realistic in places. Plays amazing. Faultless.

11 hours ago, CyberJapanGamer said:

Where do I stop? must be now. So excited about gaming on the Xbox right now, I honestly think the next year or two will be huge for Xbox.

Why stop? It's always exciting to get something new. Enjoy it! :D

If third person shooters are your thing then you might want to check out the Gears series. Gears 4 has a slow first act, but it plays and feels amazing.

Ori and the Blind Forest is a beautiful 2D sidescroller if you like those.

Really looking forward to Dayz.

Early reports from the 5000 Xbox one testers are mixed. However, the whole setting and feel really appeals to me. Online MMORPG survival zombie fest.

Sea of thieves is next to try. I have completed the base game of State of decay and working my way through the DLC (it's a little difficult), other than that its been all Forza 7 and FH4.