Devil May Cry 5 (March 8, 2019)

Ghost

14 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

Damn Nero you changed son :D And Dante looks more like Noctis now :D 
BUT I AM HYPED AS SHIT!!!!!!!! Have high hopes for this one :D Even though i am a bit weary because of how different the characters look :D 

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game will be fantastic, i loved the previous game the evade mode is very good i hope they keep that in this game!
Pre-orderrrrrrrrr :D

Looks great! Can't believe people are hating on this tbh - they're not gonna make the same game over and over. From what we know so far, at least Dante and Nero are playable as well. This is really looking like they're gonna knock it outta the park!

Edited by SkyMason
sp

I just didn't like how they basically trashed DmC (2013). I personally loved that game. Yes, Dante wasn't as 'bad-ass' in that game, but I really liked his bravado and his 'I don't really care' attitude.

I'm still super interested in this both gameplay and story-wise.

Some new info from the Capcom Channel interview with the developers, it's in japanese but an user on Reddit translated some key parts of it: [link]

Quoted:

• The facial animations in the game are created by combining two different kinds of animations: joint animation and blend shape animation. This allows for a much more detailed, realistic facial animation.

• Itsuno and Okabe were already crying during the rehearsal of E3. It meant so much for them to be on the biggest stage in the gaming industry after 10 years.

• All clothes for the main characters in the game are created in London and scanned in Serbia. According to Itsuno, making Nero's new jacket costed "about the same as a small car."

• The textures used for the jacket are carefully selected so that they are reflected well in game. They even wore the jacket out before scanning it.

• Itsuno said that the story will begin with Nero's arm getting ripped off.

• Nico's full name is confirmed to be Nicoletta Goldstein. She is the granddaughter of Niel Goldstein, the gunsmith who made Dante's Ebony and Ivory.

• There's a workshop inside the Devil May Cry van where Nico creates and tweaks the prosthetic arm.

• The Devil Breaker is not fragile, but can be easily broken by attacks because Nico strives for the highest performance which means the arm doesn't have much armor and is exposed to attacks.

• As seen in the trailer, you can shoot the Devil Breaker like a rocket and surf on it, or extend the arm and fire a huge lightning blast.

• You can buy cartridges for the arm from Nico with money. Itsuno confirmed this will be an actual feature in the game.

• The demo for the game will be playable in Gamescom.

Other interesting points worth noting:

• Itsuno keeps saying that the story will take place "some years after DMC4." Not sure if this means DMC2 takes place after 5 or if it's not canon at all.

• Itsuno's comment on the figure that stole Nero's arm was interesting. He said something along the lines of "we don't know if it is a person."

There was also a Famitsu article covering the game. [link]

Again quoted:

• Nero's motivation in the game is implied to be retrieving something he lost. Not sure if this refers to Kyrie or his demon arm. However, as stated in this Twitter post, three things that Nero wants to regain are: his lost pride, his stolen power, and the man (he) left behind. The last part is hard to translate as it's not clearly stated who left whom, but it seems like Nero left someone (a male) behind before departing for Redgrave.

• It's implied in the article that the new villain in DMC5 is "stronger than all the demons the Devil Hunters have faced since DMC1." Also it seems like something is happening in the demon world. (These bits of info have question marks at the end of their sentences so don't trust them too much)

• The development of the game is 75% finished. (This is the only new info from the article lol)

• Not sure if this is referring to the next Famitsu article about DMC5 or some news from Capcom, but the article says that the next info will be out in Summer 2018. Summer in Japan is June to August, so you can expect some news within a month or two.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...