Wolfenstein: Youngblood (2019) – Gameplay Trailer

4 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Sounds good. Now I’m just hoping they bring the mein leben trophy back for this one. Too many triple a games have easy plats in my opinion. 

I hope it's a hard plat too, agree with you on that. Triple A's are getting too easy. But Doesn't need to be THAT hard ?

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I thought Machine Games had a custom of making single player only games.

Don't like the idea of it being co-op. Not sure about the daughter aspect of it. Seems this generation has a hard on for female protagonists.

Mainly due to how people have demanded for it, and it diverses the games i guess? Seeing the same generic 'white' guy with brown or blonde hair gets boring after a while. 

But imo most of the female protagonists have been very good games and very believable stories, or atleast in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Game sounds cool and playing in co-op seems interesting too if done right. I wonder if it’ll be about the same length the old blood was, would love to have Challenge maps again as those were so much fun in the old blood.

21 hours ago, bezdomnekoty said:

Better start making petitions cause Mein Leben V2 is coming baby 1f61c.png

xDxD 

• Like 1

Or better yet Make mein leben in this new one fair, but am not going to touch this as for the sole reason they turned the wolfenstein games into tone downed crap stealth game on the hardest settings, no skill other then luck as if you played return to castle wolfenstein or 2009 you had ways to go in guns first and shooting everything kind of like doom 2016, but yeah that is how I see it.

• Like 1

I'm very excited that Wolfenstein has reached the 1980s. "Youngblood" is about the most '80s-sounding name you can get, so I think it works here.

You know what else is very 1980s? TWO PEOPLE BEING ABLE TO PLAY ON THE SAME FREAKING SCREEN, COME ONNNNNNNNN DO IT

23 hours ago, rdhight said:

You know what else is very 1980s? TWO PEOPLE BEING ABLE TO PLAY ON THE SAME FREAKING SCREEN, COME ONNNNNNNNN DO IT

I hope split-screen is an option as well. I miss being able to play a co-op campaign with a friend in the same room... But I guess that's the price we pay for more powerful/prettier games.

On June 10, 2018 at 9:09 PM, Yen-Pop said:

I sincerely hope that it's couch co-op too!

On June 16, 2018 at 7:42 PM, ArtikSkarab said:

I hope split-screen is an option as well.

On June 15, 2018 at 8:29 PM, rdhight said:

TWO PEOPLE BEING ABLE TO PLAY ON THE SAME FREAKING SCREEN, COME ONNNNNNNNN DO IT

Bethesda and split-screen? ? As awesome as that would be, I'm not going to hold my breath for it. Developers just don't put in the time to add it anymore. I wish that wasn't the truth, but it is ?

On 16/06/2018 at 3:16 AM, KANERKB said:

Or better yet Make mein leben in this new one fair, but am not going to touch this as for the sole reason they turned the wolfenstein games into tone downed crap stealth game on the hardest settings, no skill other then luck as if you played return to castle wolfenstein or 2009 you had ways to go in guns first and shooting everything kind of like doom 2016, but yeah that is how I see it.

The only thing “unfair” about ML in Wolfenstein 2 is the cutscenes. Even then, it’s only the first one that drags on. You barely even care about the rest as you play. There’s nothing stopping you going in guns blazing in Wolfenstein 2 either, in some situations it’s an advantage to stealth, the issues you’ve stated just sound more of a personal problem than anything else.

• Like 2

Since this was nothing more than a pre rendered cutscene kind of trailer I suppose its still too early to pass judgement on the game ... but honestly this just got me thinking I'm probably gonna skip this one when it eventually comes out. 

Call me crazy but right off the bat co-op was never something I thought to myself would make a Wolfenstein game better. Wolfenstein games were always sort of like a cheesy old school action flick where you had your action hero BJ Blazko acting pretty much like Arnold Schwarzenegger from Commando in that he was literally an unstoppable killing machine, which just like in Commando was made easier too just sort of accept because the games just like Commando emphasized to you just how much of "god" this dude was in the eyes of those around him.

Now after ...10-13? games with BJ behind the wheels were suddenly shifting over to not one new character, but two who apparently can do the job just as well as BJ? (we we're already stretching this with the dlc's for colossus but now we've got an entire game without our main character ... hmm)

Well ... okay I just can't help but feel like you just removed Bond from the Bond movies and still expect me to care about the movies the same as before even though what you've got now is some fairly generic spy movies :P I admit this might be more of a personal problem though ... whatever moving on. 

From what I can gather this whole games premise just sort of bugs me as well. Okay so from I could gather its set sometime in the 80's (a good 20 something years after Colossus) and we're playing as BJ's twins. Okay ... sweet seeing how the nazi's are apparently still roaming around at large I'm guessing whatever happens in Wolfenstein 3 (I really hope this isn't the actual follow up to Colossus and is instead more akin to Old Blood considering where Colossus left off ...) is utterly pointless and essentially means BJ never got to defeat the nazi's after all. Oh yeah and the whole "hurr uhh we need to start a revolution to create a better future for our children" thing ... really didn't come through on that one did yah BJ. 

Oh and uh the title? Yeah it really sucks ?

(Maybe I'm just scrooge mcduck at the moment and simply need to reflect a bit about this one to see its potential but for now ... they definitely didn't catch my interest)

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Very much looking forward to this! I'm hoping to complete the platinum and all DLC on Wolf 2 before this comes out! 

Me too! If the game doesn't include the notorious no save trophy aka Mein Leben, I'll be there day one. B)

2 hours ago, panikooooos said:

Guess every videogame has to be about muh strong empowered womyn nowadays huh, or maybe I'm just a bitter misogynist shitlord who knows 1f914.png1f601.png

As long as the gameplay is good, I'm fine with games featuring women as the protagonist. :)

27 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Looks good! Thanks for posting!!

It's a pleasure.

I might be in the minority, but I thought that The New Order was a better game than The New Colossus. Better level design, better combat. Hoping that this is a step up and is not totally ruined by the inclusion of co-op. Might try to convince my brother to get it and play it with him. If not, hopefully the AI companion is not an absolute joke.

• Like 2