Wolfenstein: Youngblood (2019) – Gameplay Trailer

18 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

I might be in the minority, but I thought that The New Order was a better game than The New Colossus. Better level design, better combat. Hoping that this is a step up and is not totally ruined by the inclusion of co-op. Might try to convince my brother to get it and play it with him. If not, hopefully the AI companion is not an absolute joke.

You can still play Youngblood singleplayer, the devs confirm.

14 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

How could someone as badass as BJ Blazkowicz raise two butch lesbian stereotypes? The new trailer is pretty cringey. :P The best thing about it was how it featured "Turbo Killer" by Carpenter Brut, but I think it's an odd choice of music for a Wolfenstein game.

I was totally sold on the game as soon as it was announced, but I'm a bit more apprehensive about playing it now. Seems like an SJW's wet dream. :P Putting all that aside, I'm sure it'll still be fun to play with a friend, even if most of our amusement will come from taking the piss out of the main characters. :giggle: I'll probably wait until the game goes on sale before I buy it.

I guess the devs chose that synthy soundtrack because the game is set in the '80s, and I think it suits the game's atmosphere.

32 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

How could someone as badass as BJ Blazkowicz raise two butch lesbian stereotypes?

Yeah. He probably should have been taking them to fashion shows and teaching them to put on lipstick properly.

This ain't a JRPG, undead.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Nope, I'm not saying that at all. There are plenty of games out there where you play as a female character that doesn't give the same vibe as this trailer gives off. Of course you people can't understand that, though, and feel the need to brush me off as some sort of misogynist.

Not a misogynist. Just kind of silly. 

If I were raising my two daughters in the world of Wolfenstein, I could see very clearly a path that takes them to the place those girls are in the trailer. In fact, my bigger surprise was that he allowed the black-haired girl to keep longer hair. I would force it to be cropped, or at least always under a hat. I damn sure would make them train physically.

I would not raise this:

Image result for tifa images

That girl survives for one second in the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Nope, I'm not saying that at all. There are plenty of games out there where you play as a female character that doesn't give the same vibe as this trailer gives off. Of course you people can't understand that, though, and feel the need to brush me off as some sort of misogynist.

Except they are in power armor. Also, BJ wore power armor in 2 which he got from...a w-w-w-woman.The trailer only shows that BJ had twins and trained them to deal with the current state of the world as resistance fighters. Vibes? you'd need to explain that one. 

You're trying too hard, serously.. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, zizimonster said:

You can still play Youngblood singleplayer, the devs confirm.

I know that. For difficulty and balance reasons, I've just seen too many games that say that you can play them solo, but then they are way too hard without an actual human partner. The fact that the game does also always feature a constant AI companion in place of another player also doesn't inspire much confidence, because too often these companions end up being as dumb as a brick and can't actually kill any enemies or just require constant revives.

9 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

I know that. For difficulty and balance reasons, I've just seen too many games that say that you can play them solo, but then they are way too hard without an actual human partner. The fact that the game does also always feature a constant AI companion in place of another player also doesn't inspire much confidence, because too often these companions end up being as dumb as a brick and can't actually kill any enemies or just require constant revives.

That isn't how offline single player games work at all. 

For anyone wondering as well, they're implementing the buddy pass in the same way that A Way Out did. So only one person needs to own it and the second can get an invite and play through without buying it, this leads me to believe there might not be splitscreen co-op though.

9 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

pretty sure you can play solo if you so choose. either way Wolfenstein and Doom always get my money. 

Now all we need is fucking Duke Nukem and the circle is complete.

Duke has been thrown to the wayside for a very long time. If Wolfenstein and DOOM both got revivals that were praised, then Duke Nukem himself should get the same treatment.

After all, Duke Nukem 3D was a revolutionary game that set a lot of standards in place, much like Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM did before it. It would be so fitting if Duke Nukem had gotten a revival video game, like what Wolfenstein: The New Order and DOOM 2016 have done.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Duke has been thrown to the wayside for a very long time. If Wolfenstein and DOOM both got revivals that were praised, then Duke Nukem himself should get the same treatment.

After all, Duke Nukem 3D was a revolutionary game that set a lot of standards in place, much like Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM did before it. It would be so fitting if Duke Nukem had gotten a revival video game, like what Wolfenstein: The New Order and DOOM 2016 have done.

I thought Duke was gonna be on ps4 via ANOTHER Bulletstorm game or port (ugh... more ports).

however I do think we need a new Duke game. I still haven't picked up the anniversary one. but its classic Duke. I sadly played and beat and broke a controller at the fish boss thing and regret spending 3$ on.... Duke nukem Forever. 

putting Duke in bulletstorm wasnt good enough. give us one last hurrah with him and get a good Duke game to go out on. if not more than as you said a solid revival. I'd be excited for it.

On 3/27/2019 at 3:52 PM, communistwookiee said:

I might be in the minority, but I thought that The New Order was a better game than The New Colossus. Better level design, better combat. Hoping that this is a step up and is not totally ruined by the inclusion of co-op. Might try to convince my brother to get it and play it with him. If not, hopefully the AI companion is not an absolute joke.

Not alone, TNO was near masterpiece (for me), while TNC is the worst game I've ever played.

Looks good but if it's like Wolf2.... specially trophy wise, no $$$ from me.

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--

Goddamn this has to be the cringiest trailer I have ever seen for any game, this tops even the much disliked battlefield trailer by a mile. Given the lack of backlash to it, maybe it just looks that bad to me because I am not all too familiar with the Wolfenstein series due to it being censored and mangled to the point of absurdity in my country, and me being too lazy to import it. While I have not picked the series up so far, I may want to do that in future, but I have a feeling that this is a game I skip if the full game gives off the same vibes as the trailers.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

You're just whistling Dixie here. There's no way that Duke Nukem makes a return in this political environment. And honestly, I don't think you'd like the version that returns if he did.