Starfield (September 6, 2023)

ziggypossum

• 1 month later...

This was one of my most anticipated games to hear about from E3, since they announced it last year. As other than Mass Effect, we don't have enough Sci-Fi based RPG's...it's always gotta be Tolkien style fantasy.

So I was a bit gutted that all it ended up being was "here this still exists but we can't tell you anything about it and...OH YEAH...it's a PS5 game!". 

Saying it's the biggest leap in gaming ever, has me thinking they're going the No Man's Sky route with it being Open Universe...but taking it one step further by that Universe being far more alive and RPG focused...which would seriously blow my mind. Can you imagine planet sized planets, fully explorable, with their own civilizations? 

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The dream is over. It's XBox exclusive. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. 

Is it? Its launching exclusively on xbox on 11/11/22..... it could come to playstation later and not contradict their statement... couldn't it? Please? ?

2 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Is it? Its launching exclusively on xbox on 11/11/22..... it could come to playstation later and not contradict their statement... couldn't it? Please? 1f62d.png

The Medium and Stalker 2 trailers had a "Console launch exclusive" screen. This one didn't.

3 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

I knew this game was going to be visually 'Eh' since it's using Fallout 76's engine, but to see that even "in-engine" footage is like that (relative to other in-engine trailers, even the non-cinematic Frostbite), pretty much affirms things.

Pretty surprised this has been 25 years in the making though.

I feel like I am one of the few people not excited about this game. I have a Xbox series X and will be playing it, but we really haven’t seen much on this. We have been burnt so many times before by established developers I really would like to see it before there is any excitement on my part. Not to long ago BioWare could do no wrong and not really a fan of how Fallout 76 or Skyrim rolled out either. My take is to wait and see what comes. I’m hoping its great but I don’t want to get too excited in case it’s not.

• Like 1