Starfield (September 6, 2023)

ziggypossum

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm very iffy on this game. I've developed a very love/hate relationship with Bethesda over these few years, mostly after Skyrim. My main problem with Bethesda is they rely on their fanbase of modders to improve the game. I also don't like the idea of exploring "1000 planets". I know they're gonna be randomly generated. I don't want to completely shit on the game, it's nice to see a new IP from Bethesda, but I feel like they're being over ambitious. I'd prefer if they'd created a handful of nicely put together planets in a self contained galaxy for the players to explore and that's it. Something along the lines of Outer Worlds. 

I don't think you need to explore 1000 of the planets. They are there, sure. If you don't wan to explore then just don't do it. Pretty sure they stated it is optional content. However, if feels like this genre of game leans on the type of demographic that is into exploration more than not.

• 3 months later...
22 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I won't be surprised if it gets delayed again. A lot can happen in six months.

It was actually delayed undercover with this date already. It was supposed to be within the 1st part of the year (after being delayed from November) and September isn't within the 1st part of the year. 

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

It was actually delayed undercover with this date already. It was supposed to be within the 1st part of the year (after being delayed from November) and September isn't within the 1st part of the year. 

I know. Still could be again.

Oh my goodness. Sucked me right in. 

There's just some kind of sense of majesty about some of Bethesda's games. This is supposed to be 'Skyrim in the Sky'. 

Can't believe they could surpass themselves and kick my butt into playing again, BUT, looks like they have...

And I was all prepared to say.... nah... I don't think so...

yeah right

Now imagine TES VI 

source.gif

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It looks good and meh at the same time, also looks a little outdated. They have definitely copied a lot of different games. Be interesting to see how it runs on those Xbox consoles, I would think they were showcasing it on a PC and it looked like it was running at 30fps with stutters and pop in. No surprise with a Bethesda game. 

If it's anything like most games nowadays it will be an overhyped disappointing mess. 

• Like 1

On top of the consistent 30fps and the Fallout quality animations with some terrible lip syncing, the AI looks totally braindead. The enemies literally got the same accuracy as a storm trooper, I swear I didn't see a single bullet hit the player any time they showed off the combat. Hopefully it was just the easiest mode to show it off and not the standard, otherwise a lot of people are gonna be thoroughly disappointed when this releases.

• Like 1

Looks much better but still isn’t screaming “generation-defining” or anything close. Also, if this is only going to run at 30fps on the supposed “most powerful console” yet doesn’t look half as good as Horizon then something is definitely wrong. I’m more optimistic than I was before but still cautious, certainly not a Day One buy.