Mooncrash DLC out now

JPageMartin36

Couldn't believe it when I read it this morning. Anounced and already available? I had a look into the PS Store then and there it was! Wow.

I loved Prey and I already downloaded the DLC without waiting for any reviews, but could not play yet because I had no time. The trophies for the DLC look pretty hard on first sight (and ... ehm ... have a big spoiler-potential, so watch out) without any real knowgledge of the game. But I'm really proud of my Prey-Plat and that 100 % and I will definately try to get the game back to full completion. 

What I've heard there's also a free upgrade to Prey that includes a Story Mode, a New Game+ and a Survival Mode to the base game (but without trophies).

And there will be a multiplayer in summer, but I think Prey doesn't need any Multiplayer. For reasons I do not know the game didn't sell well and I bought it as a singleplayer-game like maybe everyone else. I just hope there won't be trophies for the multiplayer-crap.

I wouldn't mind knowing what people think of it either.   I was beyond disappointed in the Prey announcements, waited a year for what?  New game modes are too little too late, and MP, really, who wanted this?  And Mooncrash, a rogue-lite, or however you want to term it, with dubious claims of story elements...  

I loved Prey, and glitches and bugs aside, I'd recommend it to anyone, it's a fantastic game, but I wanted a sizeable expansion in the same vein, that moved the story forward.  Iirc there was a single character that was unaccounted for on Talos, a woman I think, that was always registered as off station, her story on the Moon would've been great instead.

I haven't played it, and I'd probably enjoy it to a point, because I enjoyed the gameplay in Prey, but it all seems a bit pointless with regards to the main story, and is worth £16?   

There is story and it's pretty good.  Roguelike elements - are not really roguelike. You have 5 fixed characters who in need for escape. They have their own stories. Their own skills and progression. You keep all upgrades if you die. Your ultimate goal is to escape with all 5 characters within 1 simulation (1 state of the world, without anyone dying). There is a time limit in form of corruption. There are 5 levels of it, in each level locations gets repopulated with more dangerous monsters. But you can counter the corruption meter with items which stops timer or reduce corruption level progression. Moonbase is pretty large with 4 big zones like in vanilla game. If you like vanilla you'd definetely enjoy this DLC, don't fear Roguelike elements and timelimit, they are really softcore and exist only to spice thing up a little.

Edited by Greidis
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Greidis said:

There is story and it's pretty good.  Roguelike elements - are not really roguelike. You have 5 fixed characters who in need for escape. They have their own stories. Their own skills and progression. You keep all upgrades if you die. Your ultimate goal is to escape with all 5 characters within 1 simulation (1 state of the world, without anyone dying). There is a time limit in form of corruption. There are 5 levels of it, in each level locations gets repopulated with more dangerous monsters. But you can counter the corruption meter with items which stops timer or reduce corruption level progression. Moonbase is pretty large with 4 big zones like in vanilla game. If you like vanilla you'd definetely enjoy this DLC, don't fear Roguelike elements and timelimit, they are really softcore and exist only to spice thing up a little.

Can you save during the playthrough or do you have to finish it in one go ( like Ethan must die/Resi 7)?

Edited by GoDBoss173

11 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Can you save during the playthrough or do you have to finish it in one go ( like Ethan must die/Resi 7)?

As far as I noticed you can only choose the option "Save and Exit" ... there's no save and try again if you fail with one character. I mean, yes, you can save, but you'll always have to leave the game for that and I don't know what happens to your save after you die. ... There aren't any difficulty-choices either. Pretty hard so far, for my taste ^^. (Survived and escaped with the first char). Char 2 ...well ...

Spoiler

character 2, the mechanic, is dying instant deaths when she meets the moon shark. Seem pretty unbeatable atm and I dont have any idea what to do next. Any tipps on that moonshark?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Petra_Lustig said:

As far as I noticed you can only choose the option "Save and Exit" ... there's no save and try again if you fail with one character. I mean, yes, you can save, but you'll always have to leave the game for that and I don't know what happens to your save after you die. ... There aren't any difficulty-choices either. Pretty hard so far, for my taste ^^. (Survived and escaped with the first char). Char 2 ...well ...

Reveal hidden contents

character 2, the mechanic, is dying instant deaths when she meets the moon shark. Seem pretty unbeatable atm and I dont have any idea what to do next. Any tipps on that moonshark?

Good to hear, thanks for the answer ?

16 hours ago, Petra_Lustig said:

Reveal hidden contents

Some tips as i have finished the DLC:

Spoiler

With regards to the Moonshark - I used the turret PSI power and work its health down from a distance. However if you reset the simulation it always comes back.  if you can find the fabrication plan for EMP Grenades use them on the gates and just run past the Moonshark to start.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Edited by gorm2k6

Does anyone have a good method for consistently killing Moonsharks?  Sometimes I can kill one, then I won't for 5 lives in a row and lost 15k of credits? 

Playing on Xbox, one of the few games (8 or like 150 or something) I don't have at 100% because of this pissing DLC.   Base game was great, but I really don't like this game mode.

For anyone trying the "No One Left Behind" if you die just quit the game and reboot it and it will spawn you back to your last autosave just before you die.

For the corruption  level there is actually a fabrication plan for the "Delay loop time" and it cost 1500 sim points, this will make things much easier.

Edited by n9rawy_5220
Correction
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, DharmaDan said:

So how difficult are the DLC trophies? What's the estimated time to 100%?

I've played Mooncrash for 10 hours now and got only 1 trophy. ? (But I'm exploring very thoroughly and the three new areas are huge. I'm not nearly done with exploring because you can't access every room at the beginning and need different abilities (and neuromods are very rare throughout the game)). From my point of view the trophies are pretty hard and time consuming. But maybe there will be some guides which make things a lot easier, since the first players have to figure everything out.

Some of my thoughts for quick and easy runs (attention, spoilers if you want to play the game blind ^^):

- there are these typhon-gates, which you can only enter when you have killed all the typhons in the area. With an EMP-grenade or the electric pistol you can disable these gates without killing all the typhons. This lets you travel much faster. I think any survival-run with all 5 characters is impossible before you have the fabrication plan for the stun-pistol (because you can start the run with it). Unfortunately these plans are totally random. I had quite a few runs now but don't have that plan and so have to rely on luck of finding the gun through a run. After 10 hrs. ... ?

- Moonsharks. Kill one for the trophy, otherwise ignore them. It takes too much time to kill them because they have a very big amount of health. I just sprint past them and get to higher areas when they spot me. They're almost blind then.

- use the online backup or usb backup for your saves. Yes, the game is designed for you to live or die without a save. But when I managed a critical passage or I am to start a crititcal passage, i save and exit, upload my "Save and exit"-save to the online storage. Alternative: when you die there's that dying-animation. Just quit the game then and restart.

- since every run is different and you need to explore very much it is a strategy to die when you want it. Play stage 1 and 2, where there are only mimics and phantoms, and explore. Then die intentionally until you have all the plans you think you need. It's only a simulation. Please correct me, but maybe there are some plans and modifications you get only on the higher difficulty-runs.

Oh ... and I do have a question at last.

Spoiler

What is the campaing aim of the security guy? I finally managed to flee with him via mass dingsda, but the quest aim is very vague. I don't understand. Anyone got the answer? :-) Thx in advance.

I have some questions/tips.

1. When you complete all 27 KASMA orders everything is wiped right? This is very important if you want to insert all neuromods.

2. For "Cryptomancer" you have to have 50000 in your bank when you finished the last of 27 orders? It is not the points you got for the run right? Just in general total amount you have?

3. For "I’m Your Biggest Fan" do you have to find all 6 books in one run? Because every run i find like 3 books, but when i go to the stats, it says i read only 3. I guess i only read the same 3 every time even though they are always in different places.

4. Found a good way to scan different phantoms to unlock new abilities. Director has Phantom Genesis ability which resurrects random phantoms, just use it on all corpses and scan. The only 1 i missing is Machine Mind 3, anybody knows who i should scan for this?

For those who wants to kill shark, the easiest way is to use a tentacle nest, there is a throwable nest you can use like a grenade or you can find enemy nest and throw typhon lure. They kill sharks very fast, you just need to do a killing blow, for this the easiest way is to use volunteer damage abilities.

Edited by Hartgroove

14 hours ago, Hartgroove said:

2. For "Cryptomancer" you have to have 50000 in your bank when you finished the last of 27 orders? It is not the points you got for the run right? Just in general total amount you have?

Horrified if that's the case. I've spent ages racking up pts in fun runs so far. Reckon I saved up with 30-40k last night just from running around and still not corruption level 3. I presumed the trophy would just mean you had to finish any game with 50,000+

Edited by JPageMartin36

@Hartgroove

Yes, completing the last KASMA order will lock you out of further simulations for story reasons, so finish any trophies you want first.

Cryptomancer is for finishing the last KASMA order and the story with at least 50,000 points unspent (not 50,000 in one life or one simulation, as I originally thought).

You do not have to find all 6 books in one run.  As far as I know they are always in the same place.  I think machine mind is either turrets, operators (standard and corrupted), and maybe the recycling robots.

Also there are a few places neuromods always show up.  I farmed new runs to the Pytheas Labs entering cell 5 for 3 neuromods, running up to the office upstairs for 3 more, then resetting by dying.  This is easily the most time-consuming trophy.

Edited by bwoodhouse729
  • Like 2