YOU CAN TIMESKIP IN THIS GAME!!

Huntertig

17 hours ago, ivangutjahr said:

how can It be "mostly" legit? LOL. a single time skip means not legit AT ALL.

and my opinion is skipping time is the way for the platinum, just make sure to save from time to time to avoid glitches...

simple way to avoid glitches: first leave the ps4 clock for manual, dont fix the time until you get the platinum, for any reason if you change the clock back, of course its a mistake that will cause glitches

Okay, okay, you got me! Legit may not have been the right word! Haha

13 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Like you know when you are away, does your dwellers still explore outside and stuff. I found the answer is yes lol

Ah, then yes. Though of course you still need to check in so they don’t die out there. See I’m helpful! ? (delusions of grandeur

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Avalynch said:

1f605.png Is time skipping not against the rules here? Anyway, why cheat?

Wouldnt really call it cheating, ur only advancing time, no more cheating than save backups or quitting a game before u die on a no death run

Glitching is more cheating than anything, abusing glitches is basically hacking the game 

27 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I don’t think time skipping causes any issue at all, so far so good.

For the 10,000 caps I heard it only counts wasteland and vault stuff, not lunchboxes or objectives.

I agree, you just need to be sure the game is active when requirements are fulfilled

I may give this a dabble soon, im in need a casual game to break up my guide writing. I will be sure to do a lot of experiementation with this time skipping

This or Hollow Knight anyway

Edited by optimusmart

By now, I can confirm on my own experience that time skipping does not glitch any trophy nor corrupt saves, I have been using time-lapses no further than 7 days from the actual day (then back it to the actual date), so that may say something.

All my trophies are unlocking fine, even the leveling 1-50, etc ones and Scraptastic too.

Edited by BlackTorito

24 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Got the plat, skipped time, skipped back (by mistake), used internet, etc., no save corruption, no borked trophies.

In fact, one trophy unlocked earlier, I got 20 legendary outfits with only 18.

I think they don't count when we have the same uniform / weapon several times ( in the stats , but it s work for the trophy ). I unlocked both trophy at 17 and 18.

I "only" need 35 raiders attack ( i have a x3 objectives pet so it will be quicker )

On 6/14/2018 at 3:18 AM, Avalynch said:

1f605.png Is time skipping not against the rules here? Anyway, why cheat?

isn't against rules, the same apply for getting 2 different endings in the same playthrough for any game.

If you dont like, simple, dont use it. but you have a lot of trophies for shelter huh? arent you time skipping as well? hahaha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ivangutjahr said:

isn't against rules, the same apply for getting 2 different endings in the same playthrough for any game.

This is right. Some think timeskipping is a hack, but u are just exploiting a game mechanic which we all do when convenient

I think its the effect this exploit has that make people think its a hack. And the fact the game is free, and Bethesda wants u to 'spend money' to speed up time

AI just need to say, it is a very normal thing to do with videogames, making assumptions across platforms for the same game

But I just wanna say as a lot of people are cautious of this time glitch, every platform reacts differently to it, and I have a firsthand example here

So, so far there have been NO reports off the timeskip on PS4 corrupting ur save

Also, timeskipping pass the 7 day evaluation week on PS4 doesnt really affect the game other than u cant collect rewards properly for the evaluation week u just skipped past

But on the NINTENDO SWITCH, skipping past the 7 day week locks the game up everytime

What we can conclude from this is that is version reacts slightly differently to the timeskip. Just because on mobile for example, would corrupt ur saves, doesnt neccessarily mean it will here

Im just trying to say, have an open mind when we approach the PS4 version, because this word of save corruption going around is putting people off that may have used it

EDIT:

To be honest, the Switch isnt timeskip friendly at all, seems to lock quite regularly when timeskipping, past evaluation week or not 

I guess obvious differences between are PS4 can handle better and doesnt have touchscreen support

Anybody know off any actual crashes ON THE XBOXONE related to timeskipping.........or are all these reports from mobile...?? Mobile reports would not be consistent due to each mobile handling the game differently

I dont think we should be compariong how versions run at all. As fat as we know, all these corruption reports have come from people with sh*t phones/pcs/tablets

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

I honestly think that if you keep your population below 30 you'll always get raider attacks, (10times attacked 10 times raider) and wait about 5 to 15m everytime you log in you'll get attacked.

Wich is in my case and once that is done you can timeskip if you want the plat so badly, because those timers are pretty long the higher level you are but then again it feels like cheating a bit...

Up to you what your moral is

45 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

I honestly think that if you keep your population below 30 you'll always get raider attacks, (10times attacked 10 times raider) and wait about 5 to 15m everytime you log in you'll get attacked.

Wich is in my case and once that is done you can timeskip if you want the plat so badly, because those timers are pretty long the higher level you are but then again it feels like cheating a bit...

Up to you what your moral is

Its pure RNG, sometimes I have runs like that, other times its always the others or a mixture

RNG is good at misleading us ;)

37 minutes ago, ihate_ray said:

I used the time skip too much but now I can't get login bonuses. I wait for the timer to reset and it goes back to 23 hr without giving me my reward. But time goes forward

Quit the vault then load it back up. Then just make sure u never skip past the current evaluation week, thats what messes it up

If 2 days are evaluated currently, skip 5, then u can begin skipping 7 because u will be at the end of a evaluation week and the start of a new one

When u reach the end of the month, make sure u change the mth forward also

Edited by optimusmart

What happens when we time skip then set clock back to normal? Like say I time skipped, then something requires 8hours to be done, but I went back to normal time. What happens to that 8hrs for job to be done.

3 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

What happens when we time skip then set clock back to normal? Like say I time skipped, then something requires 8hours to be done, but I went back to normal time. What happens to that 8hrs for job to be done.

Nothing, the game stays the same. After reseting your clock you can keep time skipping another 7 days.

11 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Ive not spent time observing this directly, but what I have noticed not directly looking is that skipping back just leaves the game time in its current state

But it can glitch the sound and possibly glitch other factors. Such as when I went back once by accident (forgot to change mth when it rolled over), incidents seemed to stop occurring. When I quit and loaded back up, it was back to normal incidents were occurring again

More testing needs to be done, but seems to me that u shouldnt timeskip back before the time/date the current vault was last logged as, for PS4 anyway

We know for sure it glitches the sound when reverting back, that is already a bad sign

7 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Nothing, the game stays the same. After reseting your clock you can keep time skipping another 7 days.

The game doesnt stay the same, the sound glitches for one and possibly other factors

Yes, u can continue timeskipping, but.the game doesnt stay the same, thats misleading

Because it causes a problem with sound, we have to consider it may affect other things behind the scenes. Safe thing is to just dont revert time back

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Ive not spent time observing this directly, but what I have noticed not directly looking is that skipping back just leaves the game time in its current state

But it can glitch the sound and possibly glitch other factors. Such as when I went back once by accident (forgot to change mth when it rolled over), incidents seemed to stop occurring. When I quit and loaded back up, it was back to normal incidents were occurring again

More testing needs to be done, but seems to me that u shouldnt timeskip back before the time/date the current vault was last logged as, for PS4 anyway

We know for sure it glitches the sound when reverting back, that is already a bad sign

The game doesnt stay the same, the sound glitches for one and possibly other factors

Yes, u can continue timeskipping, but.the game doesnt stay the same, thats misleading

Because it causes a problem with sound, we have to consider it may affect other things behind the scenes. Safe thing is to just dont revert time back

It glitches some of the sounds, but thats it, I have been reverting all day, and you have to do it anyway if you want to not glitch out of rewards and possibly broken trophies. I didnt had a single issue doing this.

2 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

It glitches some of the sounds, but thats it, I have been reverting all day, and you have to do it anyway if you want to not glitch out of rewards and possibly broken trophies. I didnt had a single issue doing this.

U are 1 out of perhaps 10s of thousands of players

When u had reverted time back and stayed in the vault without exiting the game/vault, were incidents occurring, if so, were they still as regular as normal?

I'm on a pretty good roll at the moment without time skipping, but I'l consider it once I have to grind out quests. 

This might be a dumb question, but I assume you have to quit out of the game completely before changing the time? (close application instead of just going to the main menu)

52 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

I'm on a pretty good roll at the moment without time skipping, but I'l consider it once I have to grind out quests. 

This might be a dumb question, but I assume you have to quit out of the game completely before changing the time? (close application instead of just going to the main menu)

If u revert BACK, then u have to close the vault and reload it. But if u are only timeskipping forward then u can leave the vault open while u do it

In just testing the NO INCIDENTS occurring when reverting back without reloading the vault properly now. Ive had the vault idling with 1 floor only, all resources on it with a Mr Handy, all is good, 14 dwellers

Ive been having incidents regularly every 8mins or so for past hour, ive now reverted back a month, sound has gone. Im going to leave vault open with sound glitches for an hour and see what happens. 

Currently 15mins after reverting time back, no incidents have occurred so far

EDIT 1:

25 minutes now, still no incidents. Will post back after leaving my self sustaining vault on for 2hrs with sound glitched

Its also worth.pointing out, an.observation.I.made yesterday, it.seems incidents.stop.occurring if 1.or.2.resources.drop to red

EDIT 2:

50 minutes now, still no incidents

Edited by optimusmart