YOU CAN TIMESKIP IN THIS GAME!!

Huntertig

51 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

and you have to do it anyway if you want to not glitch out of rewards and possibly broken trophies

And no you dont, u just cant skip past the current evaluation week, then rewards are fine

Shows u havent experimented much with the different variables

18 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

And no you dont, u just cant skip past the current evaluation week, then rewards are fine

Shows u havent experimented much with the different variables

If rewards glitches on you, you have to revert back to the actual date, that fixes it.

Also I only reverted back to just skip another cycle, so I revert back and inmediatelly skip a day, I didnt stay in the actual date since there is no use.

I obviously didnt experiment, Im talking on my own experience through 25h of play, yes Im 1 of thousands though I didnt had a single trophy bugged. My premise was to not touch the month or hours, only days, and if the end of the month was ahead I reverted back, launched the game, then skip another day and so on. 

1 hour ago, optimusmart said:

Ive not spent time observing this directly, but what I have noticed not directly looking is that skipping back just leaves the game time in its current state

But it can glitch the sound and possibly glitch other factors. Such as when I went back once by accident (forgot to change mth when it rolled over), incidents seemed to stop occurring. When I quit and loaded back up, it was back to normal incidents were occurring again

More testing needs to be done, but seems to me that u shouldnt timeskip back before the time/date the current vault was last logged as, for PS4 anyway

We know for sure it glitches the sound when reverting back, that is already a bad sign

The game doesnt stay the same, the sound glitches for one and possibly other factors

Yes, u can continue timeskipping, but.the game doesnt stay the same, thats misleading

Because it causes a problem with sound, we have to consider it may affect other things behind the scenes. Safe thing is to just dont revert time back

Well good luck to y'all i got 40 raider attacks left wich i dont have a problem with

43 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

If rewards glitches on you, you have to revert back to the actual date, that fixes it.

U may it sound as if every reward from now on is glitched, thats not the case. If u skip past a evaluation wk, the past weeks rewards will glitch, future ones will be fine

There is no fix, skipping past a week will make the past weeks rewards uncollectable, thats it. Future rewards are fine as long as u dont do it again

43 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I obviously didnt experiment, Im talking on my own experience through 25h of play, yes Im 1 of thousands though I didnt had a single trophy bugged. My premise was to not touch the month or hours, only days, and if the end of the month was ahead I reverted back, launched the game, then skip another day and so on. 

Ur amount of play is irrelevant, its what u did what matters. For example, u have perhaps spent 25hrs going for plat, I have spent that same time, probly longer but experimenting with specific mechanics and there variables

U never said u were not in the vault when doing it, u just said it only glitches sound. U should have mentioned that because without that specific piece of information, it can mean many things

Saying "it only glitches sound and nothing else" is very misleading.

Im not to be a pain, im just trying to clear up the misinformation

For the record, if u revert time back, u MUST reload ur vault otherwise incidents and sound will glitch

If u only ever skip forward and to end of the current evaluation wk only, then u can do it with ur vault open and with no problems

Edited by optimusmart

15 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Its pure RNG, sometimes I have runs like that, other times its always the others or a mixture

RNG is good at misleading us ;)

Quit the vault then load it back up. Then just make sure u never skip past the current evaluation week, thats what messes it up

If 2 days are evaluated currently, skip 5, then u can begin skipping 7 because u will be at the end of a evaluation week and the start of a new one

When u reach the end of the month, make sure u change the mth forward also

Gonna try experimenting with this, hopefully it works. 

On 6/17/2018 at 0:48 PM, Avalynch said:

Nope, not time skipping at all. I personally consider it cheating, and dislike messing in the console settings. But I guess whatever floats your boat.

so prepare some months to platinum it, if you have the patience =)

I don't wanna spend 6 months playing so HAHA

well, its not a trophy cheat that will remove you from the leaderboards or get you banned anywhere so whatever for me...

4 hours ago, ivangutjahr said:

well, its not a trophy cheat that will remove you from the leaderboards or get you banned anywhere so whatever for me...

Actually you can't consider a cheat or hack something that the game let you do and the console as well... I consider it more like "resources using" than cheating.

If you do a mod or the game dont allow you so you mess with the servers or codes, something like that yeah is cheat, but change the date on the console is as simple as that xD

• Like 2

On 17.6.2018 at 6:48 PM, Avalynch said:

Nope, not time skipping at all. I personally consider it cheating, and dislike messing in the console settings. But I guess whatever floats your boat.

I read ya! I ain't time skipping either, doing it the old-school way: just hanging in there. For me it's not that I am against skipping, I consider it a challenge NOT to skip. I have a plethora of super easy platinums so I don't mind spending some quality time with Fallout Shelter, what with me being a fan of the Fallout franchise. To each their own.

On 6/27/2018 at 0:17 AM, ivangutjahr said:

It's a matter of personal taste. Just because you don't get removed from the leaderboards doesn't mean it's right. You are cheating the system, simple as that. If that's what makes you happy and that's how you play the game is entirely up to you but don't feed others this idea that it ain't no cheating.

• Like 1

It really doesn't take several months to platinum the game without timeskipping anyway.

So far I'm three weeks in and I have probably a week or two left, depending on how lucky I get with legendary drops from the few lunchboxes I manage to grab here and there. Possibly even less as I can soon afford setting up multiple crafting stations.

I enjoy the game though so I'll probably even keep playing it for a while after platting it.

5 hours ago, theSpirae said:

It's a matter of personal taste. Just because you don't get removed from the leaderboards doesn't mean it's right. You are cheating the system, simple as that. If that's what makes you happy and that's how you play the game is entirely up to you but don't feed others this idea that it ain't no cheating.

I dont think u can call it cheating, I mean it doesnt involve doing doing.something that isnt already there.

If this is classed as cheating, I guess u could call multiplayer boosting, save reloading for endings, using guides for solutions etc as cheating as well. All these do is speedup a mechanic already present, which is what timeskipping does

Personally, I consider it cheating when u do something that goes against the games coding, I.e. using glitches, or using hacks to enable things like infinite health, money etc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I dont think u can call it cheating, I mean it doesnt involve doing doing.something that isnt already there.

If this is classed as cheating, I guess u could call multiplayer boosting, save reloading for endings, using guides for solutions etc as cheating as well. All these do is speedup a mechanic already present, which is what timeskipping does

Personally, I consider it cheating when u do something that goes against the games coding, I.e. using glitches, or using hacks to enable things like infinite health, money etc

Changing time back and forth is cheating. No matter how hard you try to justify it. Along with boosting etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Changing time back and forth is cheating. No matter how hard you try to justify it. Along with boosting etc.

Im not trying to justify it, I just have a similar perspective on what is classed as cheating as PSNPROFILES does

My opinion is no more correct than yours and in this case, there is no definitive answer I guess

But I agree with you that timeskipping, boosting, save reloading etc are all classed the same