Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RachelCharlotte

Any tips for 'Tougher Than She Looks...'?

8 posts in this topic

Did anybody else have trouble with this? During my first playthrough of the level I didn't understand how to free Molly before fighting the second monster, so I didn't get the trophy then. In free play there was an A.I.-controlled Stan Lee who threw his shield at the enemy even before the cut scene was over and so I had to try again. I went back to the Story Mode because I hoped there would be nothing like the last incident, but instead the following happened: First, after beating rock monster no. 1, the third character was missing so I couldn't progress and upon a final restart I found myself unable to switch to a different character so I couldn't even beat the first enemy as Molly.... (btw., has it always been the case in the game that you can't change your character without initiating this annoying combo attack?)

So, at the very least I'm hoping to hear someone say that they did get the trophy and which mode they were playing in at the time.

Well, it had to be freeplay when I got it as in story mode, Molly was not available for the second enemy.  But in freeplay, I still beat up both of them with Molly, going to town on them mashing :square:.

And yeah, the whole combo thing while switching characters, very annoying I thought.

23 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

in story mode, Molly was not available for the second enemy. 

Am I really misremembering this after a single day? I thought that after the second enemy is set free, the witch could build whatever they used to free Molly and I could ignore the monster until then. But, seeing how I never actually did this, there might indeed be some flaw in that idea (which makes my last two tries even more useless).

2 minutes ago, Karlsson89 said:

Am I really misremembering this after a single day? I thought that after the second enemy is set free, the witch could build whatever they used to free Molly and I could ignore the monster until then. But, seeing how I never actually did this, there might indeed be some flaw in that idea (which makes my last two tries even more useless).

From what I know, the first enemy you have Molly with you, but the second enemy, I believe Molly heads over to the frog boat thing (with one of the other guys) while you control others, including the dino.  So freeplay would be your better option to get it done I would say.

I played the DLC myself yesterday and I have to second DrakeHellsing's statement. The first enemy (Rock Beast) can be done in story mode, but the second one can be only done in free play (that Gorilla). During free play I also had the problem that some other character hit the Rock Beast but I got lucky and it wasn't the last hit to kill it so I got my trophy during the free play.

And after entering the lower section you have no control over Molly during the story. You have to free the Dinosaur first and after that you can free Alex (?) (the one with those big metal gloves).

Than thank you both for preventing me from trying it again in story mode, I was certain that I could free Molly without attacking the monster first.

If I get the chance to switch to the other characters I could try to make them less threatening before the section starts. Is there any character with Magikarp-like qualities?

Easy enough to kill first or second one in story or free-play, then the other in free-play. It counts, if that's all your going for Save and Exit after you get the trophy.

You can have every character be Molly if that is needful for your playthrough, FYI.  Trophy for me popped on second free-play through for this trophy since my first playthrough the monster got stuck in the "waterfall" and it ended up not counting when I killed it as Molly but others (AI) were constantly trying to attack and succeeding, so anyhow, yes ... just stand there as Molly waiting for the Monsters  where they spawn and go to town with :square: like there's no tomorrow.