Gold Medals

FranciRoosters

I predicted in another thread that the time trial trophies will be close to impossible solo. To make the gold medal times, I feel like you need both characters to constantly be on the move and playing solo you can only control one at a time. This will hands down be one of the rarest and most difficult platinums on the PS4 imo. I attempted the gold time on Hideaway 4-5 times. My best run had a few hiccups but was pretty smooth, yet I am 6 minutes off the pace. Unless some hidden shortcuts or such start appearing, I just don't see how the time trial times are possible playing solo. 

• Like 1

I've came with some new strats that might save some time on chapter II, got a 13:04 right now!

I think I know what I could have done to save those 4 secs, will probably get it on the next attempts.

1 hour ago, A_B_Y_S_S_1 said:

Post a video when you get it. I'm curious to see it done. Best of luck 

I will :)

4 minutes ago, A_B_Y_S_S_1 said:

Not bad. I watch the whole thing. This one seem reasonable 

Yes. This one gives you some room for mistakes, you can do some swings we messed up WAY faster. Especially some of those at the beginning. The biggest timesaver in this level are those 2 caves with black thingies following you. Do it just like we did (notice that in the first cave i wait for the flaming thing to notice me so my brother can run through, same thing in the 2nd cave: waiting for the thing above me to follow me, otherwise it would annoy 2nd player pushing the 2nd log).

Congratulations, but this is insane. There's literally no room for error! I know this game was meant to be played co-op, but those who can only play solo are clearly at a disadvantage. The platinum difficulty ranks much lower if you have a buddy to play it with. How much time did you spend on just Hideaway?

5 hours ago, FranciRoosters said:

Congratulations, but this is insane. There's literally no room for error! I know this game was meant to be played co-op, but those who can only play solo are clearly at a disadvantage. The platinum difficulty ranks much lower if you have a buddy to play it with. How much time did you spend on just Hideaway?

It took me several hours, I had to change a lot of my strats to save time, learn how to skip the enemies cycles and so on... With no speedrun videos it really gave me trouble to find the best movements

14 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

After playing a while in co-op and solo, I honestly think it is easier solo. In coop you may disturb more than you help each other. The only downside are those co-op parts with sparkles, here you can easily save time in coop.

There's clearly some time to be saved in co-op, but more room for human error. You would definitely need to change the settings so both of you need to hold L2 to hold each others line. I originally played in coop and there was an issue with one of us holding L2 too early and pulling the other down from their jump.

Everything is easily doable solo, you just need to figure out the quickest way to go about the puzzles and get a decent run. There's room for error, I've had multiple errors in the runs I've finished.

Edit: I died in chapter 5 and got backtracked quite a bit and I still beat the time by more than 30 seconds. I need the no deaths trophy so I'll try for a faster time before I upload a video.

Edited by Nuttro93