Gold Medals

FranciRoosters

9 hours ago, LucasDiasC said:

Got the plat some hours ago, amazing game! Some of the Gold Medals are really not that bad.

Will upload my other runs soon!

How does the bonus levels speedrun work? Can you just keep replaying each one so long as it's in a single session or do you have to do them all in one go?

Edit: nevermind, it seems it all needs to be in one go and lighthouse time counts.

Edited by Nuttro93

On 15/6/2018 at 1:17 AM, Nuttro93 said:

How does the bonus levels speedrun work? Can you just keep replaying each one so long as it's in a single session or do you have to do them all in one go?

Edit: nevermind, it seems it all needs to be in one go and lighthouse time counts.

Can you pause and watch a guide as you do the levels or is it assumed that you never pause the game?

Yesterday I finally managed to beat the speedrun for Chapter 2 with a time of 12:43. The level takes much more perfecting than every other chapter and there is less room for error but it is definitely doable! Looking back, I really did enjoy scratching my head looking for skips and optimal ways to traverse. I'm leaving my run here in case it helps somebody. Notice how I had a couple of moments where I was nervous and took a couple of second to get moving again and I still made it with 17 seconds to spare, so you can do this! ^_^ 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 4:21 AM, FranciRoosters said:

Can you pause and watch a guide as you do the levels or is it assumed that you never pause the game?

I would assume since the 45min speedrun counts loading screens that even pausing wouldn't stop the timer, though I've never tested it out so I could be wrong.
The way I went about my runs is slowly go through each section trying to see what the fastest way to do each puzzle would be, then replay it all again until I get a fast enough time. Lucky for everyone else, there's videos on every level now so they don't need to experiment as much.

I'm not sure the timer corresponds to the in-game timer but I managed to get somewhere around 43:30 in my attempt and I got the trophy for the challenges. As far as I can tell all loadings and pauses are included in the timer so you just have to run as fast as possible. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/274503383

It would be nice to see the in-game timer for trophies involving speedrunning ;)

On 6/17/2018 at 6:26 AM, dew09 said:

I'm a dev on Unravel and noticed a lot of people are having trouble with gold on Hideaway. Here are some skips and optimized sections for it. The first one is super hard, but the others are pretty easy. Hope this helps!

Or you could just let people skip lame cut scenes lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These times are ridiculously hard to beat. I did Hideaway about 15 times, no errors, nothing. Flawless run. Still can't get under 13:00. Best is 13:43.

I think they should patch these times to give you time to watch the unskippable cutscenes. Perhaps an extra minute or so.

• 1 month later...

I’ve watched the videos but I’m struggling with a certain section. The part were you fall down the pipe then run to the right off screen whilst the smoke enemies start spawning. When the controls return to you, sometimes I can start on the box but I can’t consistently do this, and I find this is needed for the next section. Did anyone ever find a consistent way to start on the box?

• 4 months later...

I have decided to start going for some of these and want to document it! I'm not going to bash my head in forcing to play all of these at once, but rather focus on one level at a time since I find this as a more casual peaceful game. If I can pick up those juicy ultra rare gold trophies over time, so be it. I don't expect a platinum based on the %'s.

At the Rapids: (Gold Medal is 11:30)

Attempt #1: 13:58

Attempt #2: 11:39 (frigging dang it)

Attempt #3: 11:09

Not too shabby for my first efforts, next one I'll be going for is on Little Frogs!

18 hours ago, realm722 said:

I have decided to start going for some of these and want to document it! I'm not going to bash my head in forcing to play all of these at once, but rather focus on one level at a time since I find this as a more casual peaceful game. If I can pick up those juicy ultra rare gold trophies over time, so be it. I don't expect a platinum based on the %'s.

I wouldn't let the low percentages fool you. Hideaway probably requires the most patience, but the other gold medals ain't that bad. I did an initial playthrough in coop and then went to get the gold medals solo, they are probably easier to get when it's only up to you. I used a speedrun-timer, which made this super fun :) 

• Like 1

I've earn the platinum solo, and i can say Hideaway is the toughest thing to do. It's a real hell. All of the remaining levels are easy, or not so hard. The bonus level trophy is not so hard too. Just be strong on the level with the multiple jumps in the foundry (16 if i remember...). The rest is quite easy ;-).

Approx more than 100 tries for hideaway (on five days). Between 5 and 10/12 runs for the others. I've cleaned the bonus level trophy under 40 minutes ;-)

One of my favorite platinum. But i'm in love with unravel serie ^^.

And i can confirm that's easier in solo. Do it in coop represent another type of difficulty.

Edited by xav2010
  • Like 2

Little Frogs Gold Medal:

Attempt #1: 11:40

Attempt #2: 10:08

Attempt #3: 8:27

Attempt #4: 8:18

Attempt #5: 8:06

Attempt #6: 7:59!

Little Frogs kick my butt a crap ton... what you don't see there is probably the 25 or so restarts I did because I kept screwing up the first 3 jumps on the level. It's stupid that you can't get cutscenes because it just adds to the aggravation. Nonetheless, 2/6 under my belt. I will be taking a break from these now. ?

Nightswimming Gold Medal:

Attempt #1: 11:50

Attempt #2: 9:44

Attempt #3: 9:31

Attempt #4: 9:13

Attempt #5: 8:59!

This one wasn't so bad to be honest. Takes a minute to master the free-flowing swings and never missing a beat while running on the lily pads but very do-able. Halfway done! Though I will admit I'm a bit scared I only survived two of them by a single second and Ashes to Ashes + Hideaway look totally brutal. 

• Like 1

i think i've tried hideaway about....30 times or so. i'm reallllllllllll sick of seeing that beginning cut scene, its the most excruciating 30-40 seconds or so in the entire game for me lol. all the other gold medals took no more 5-10 tries (counting the tries that ending in under a minute as well).  my best time for hideaway is 13:13 and i get so anxious playing it now that i dont think i'll be able to do it anytime soon or if at all lol. crazy strict gold time on that level....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am back after a year hiatus... mostly because I need some gold trophies and I prefer this over The Last Guardian.

I am going to be going for the Gold Medal on Ashes to Ashes. My previous best before I quit was 15:45 and I have to get under 12:00. Hope for the best!

Attempt #1: Well over 15:45 - died like 8 times, just re-learning the mechanics and level after 1 year+

Attempt #2: 13:04 - Still dying like 2-3 times, can't believe I'm close to the timer already. I just need to stop being a goddamn idiot and dying. 

Attempt #3: 12:07 - DAMMIT..... I died in the most idiotic place possible on the jumping segments. Goddamit. Still - so close. 

Attempt #4: 11:57!!! - ITS DONEZO. 0 deaths as well. That's all I needed in order to get it done. 

I only have 2 levels left. Now on to "Is That All There Is" - tbh, I don't think I'm skilled enough to do Hideaway - but hey - I'll live with 90%ish completion for this game if I'm able to get there. 

Edited by realm722
  • Like 1

Alrighty then... today I am going to be gunning for the Gold Medal in "Is That All There Is". This is the 2nd rarest gold medal merely behind the dreaded "Hideaway". I imagine because it's the longest level hence having t finish under the 14:30 medal in order to get the gold - thankfully it's not as easy to die as in Ashes to Ashes. This is the video I used for my inspiration, he finishes is under 13:30 which means I can afford around a minute of mistakes if I run similarly well. Hope for the best! My best time pre-attempts was 39:06 so let's improve on that shall we.

Attempt #1: 18:46 - Not bad! I died like 8-9 times just running through the 1st time. Think it's 100% do-able just gotta not be stupid (and remember puzzles, 1, 3, 2 final)

Attempt #2: 14:50 - Died once stupidly during the passing around fire vents like a ninja. Just gotta stop being sloppy since this level isn't very challenging.

Attempt #3: 14:16! - and DONE! Still died once on this but now I can take it slow on the death sections.

Woohoo! All I have is Hideaway left... but I think I'm gonna avoid it for now. That 30-40 second cutscene seems bash-your-head-in levels of infuriating. 

Edited by realm722

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2018 at 1:26 AM, dew09 said:

I'm a dev on Unravel and noticed a lot of people are having trouble with gold on Hideaway. Here are some skips and optimized sections for it. The first one is super hard, but the others are pretty easy. Hope this helps!

I know I am quite late but thank you so much for these pointers.

I never reliably pulled the first one off but the other 3 were very helpful and quite easy to do!

Without them I would never managed the time required for the gold medal so cheers to you!

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Hideaway Gold Medal:

Hideaway Attempt #1: 17:52

Hideaway Attempt #2: 15:03

Hideaway Attempt #3: 14:18 (4 DEATHS!!!)

Hideaway Attempt #4: 13:39 (1 DEATH)

Hideaway Attempt #5: 13:36 (1 DEATH)

Hideaway Attempt #6: 13:11 (messed up slope flame jump towards end DANG IT)

Hideaway Attempt #7: 13:11+ (stupid amount of dumb little mistakes, kicking bucket)

Hideaway Attempt #8: 13:06 (stupid goof on the slopes)

Hideaway Attempt #9: 12:58!!!! 

I HAVE SEEN THE MOUNTAINTOP AND IT IS GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My last gold medal! Ever since I started playing this game in November 2018 - I FINALLY have all of them done. To be honest, the videos and tips and tricks on this forum and on YouTube helped me a ridiculous amount. I just kept freaking choking in places like on attempts #6 and #8 but even as I missed the perfect timing on the flame section 3ish minute mark AND goofed up again on the launching pads - I managed to finish underneath the 2-second mark. I am thrilled with this as it may just be my toughest ever non-sports platinum on the brink. I need to do the bonus levels, but I'm gonna go ahead and get another platinum elsewhere to make this my 100th. It's been one hell of a journey but I'm almost at it's end!