E3 2018: Shadow Of The Tomb Raider Gameplay Reveal

16 minutes ago, renatabls said:

Reminds me a lot of Uncharted 4, which is not a bad thing! Looking forward to this one. :) 

I find the two series very similar, which is great, because I love these kinds of games. haha.

Looking forward to it! I am taking that weekend off to play to a loooong time :D

• Like 2

Can these developer/publishers for once spare me with their crappy pseudo philosophical bullshit? Almost every trailer does this either with actual words or just visuals or body language. Anyway, Lara 'Terminator' Rambo, sorry Croft doing what she always does ... looks good, yada yada. Gonna buy it anyway :)

36 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

Looks the same as rise of the tomb raider, yawn.

31 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

I don't mean to bash it but it looks and plays veeery similar to rise of the tomb raider. 

18 minutes ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Never played any of these Tomb Raider games despite getting them. Idk, they all kinda look the same to me.

After decades of Lara Croft changing models, actresses, and the Tomb Raider series changing overall, seeing “same” or “similar” things is a nice refreshment in a Tomb Raider game. Shadow of the Tomb Raider should look and play similar to Rise of the Tomb Raider anyway, so I don’t see this as a bad thing. That’s fine if yall do, opinions and stuff, but I think veteran fans are sick of change with this series.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

After decades of Lara Croft changing models, actresses, and the Tomb Raider series changing overall, seeing “same” or “similar” things is a nice refreshment in a Tomb Raider game. Shadow of the Tomb Raider should look and play similar to Rise of the Tomb Raider anyway, so I don’t see this as a bad thing. That’s fine if yall do, opinions and stuff, but I think veteran fans are sick of change with this series.

No it shouldn't :P. I mean it was fine when RotTR was similar to the 2013 reboot but now this is similar again! The UI is almost the same! That's my current impression. 

And also okay cool, veteran fans make up a portion of the entire audience and newb peasants like me also get a say in this :P

At the end of the day you can't satisfy everyone I suppose. 

8 hours ago, ddracarys said:

Wasnt a big fan of the originals, but i am a huge fan of the newer ones. In fact rise of the tomb raider is one of my favourite games on the ps4, but i expected something more oh well i'll have to see more first before i can finish my statement ?. 

To be fair, I've played all the originals and I have to say, they suck in comparison to the reboots. Normally reboots suck (I'm looking at you DmC) but the new ones actually have depth and character development and not just a somewhat improved engine to further glorify those pointed titties. I mean, have you guys played underworld? I had more fun getting the platinum on Hannah Montana. Twice, haha! ?

12 minutes ago, MiamiNights89 said:

To be fair, I've played all the originals and I have to say, they suck in comparison to the reboots. Normally reboots suck (I'm looking at you DmC) but the new ones actually have depth and character development and not just a somewhat improved engine to further glorify those pointed titties. I mean, have you guys played underworld? I had more fun getting the platinum on Hannah Montana. Twice, haha! 1f606.png

I’m going to have to thoroughly disagree with you. The older Tomb Raider games are far more superior than the reboot series. That doesn’t mean I dislike the reboot series though. I’m still enjoying these new games, as I love Tomb Raider, but they’re definitely weaker. Also, comparing these newer games to Underworld isn’t saying much, as Underworld is by far the weakest game in the series. By saying “older Tomb Raider games”, I mean the games on the PlayStation 1 system, back when character development wasn’t even a focal point for games.

11 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Already pre ordered, so hyped for this. Just keeping my fingers crossed they don't add multiplayer or shitty co-op stuff

I’m actually hoping Endurance returns, as it was the funnest co-op / multiplayer / general online mode I’ve ever played. I’m over level 1000 in Rise of the Tomb Raider’s Endurance, and rising. It’s a mode I can always return to and have a blast with.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

I’m going to have to thoroughly disagree with you. The older Tomb Raider games are far more superior than the reboot series. That doesn’t mean I dislike the reboot series though. I’m still enjoying these new games, as I love Tomb Raider, but they’re definitely weaker. Also, comparing these newer games to Underworld isn’t saying much, as Underworld is by far the weakest game in the series. By saying “older Tomb Raider games”, I mean the games on the PlayStation 1 system, back when character development wasn’t even a focal point for games.

I’m actually hoping Endurance returns, as it was the funnest co-op / multiplayer / general online mode I’ve ever played. I’m over level 1000 in Rise of the Tomb Raider’s Endurance, and rising. It’s a mode I can always return to and have a blast with.

Character development was a focal point in loooads of games back in the ps1 era though! Final fantasy series we're doing that back on the SNES and what not. But yeah, I do get what you mean, but with all of those games I enjoyed the gameplay like the puzzles and action and what not, it was just Lara, herself that I couldn't like. Face being changed drastically every game and the sexualising of her all the time. I get that it was a different gaming era then, but that's my point. I just feel personally, the reboot has more soul.

The bae Lara is back and sexier than ever. I thought she was going to look weird like in the cinematic trailer but no, they kept her gorgeous ROTTR design...only bustier ;) In all seriousness the gameplay looks swell too; stealth looks to be more stressed (hence the use of the jungle). Story looks interesting but it would never match up to Uncharted's level. When it comes to Tomb Raider I expect stellar gameplay and so far it's been delivering. I can't wait to 100% this one like the previous two!