E3 2018 winners and losers!

skinner49

Ubisoft was only OK but I think it was the strongest one so far.  Bethesda was really underwhelming, they prompted the crowd so much I was looking for the sign to light up telling the audience to applause.  Crowd really looked bored for the most part, even when Howard came out.  Square was meh, Microsoft didn't interest me and EA was too busy trying too hard to make everyone like them again (see, we know MT are bad, we were bad, so bad, weren't we).

I don't care jack shit about Betheseda, Ubisoft, or Microsoft(since I don't own an XBOX One) but here is a list of my personal props and slops:

PROPS:

• Square-Enix creating three Kingdom Hearts III trailers for Microsoft(since they are making this game non-exclusive and putting it on XBOX One), their own conference and Sony(for the PS4) each showing something new in each.
  • Square-Enix again for revealing release dates for KH3 and DQXI. My wallet is going to have to be sacrificed on a blood-stained altar to pay for both DQXI and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. xD
  • Nintendo being smart and allowing Fortnite to be on the Switch. I've seen so many of my favorite Youtubers streaming this game that I know that Nintendo would be committing suicide if they didn't put this battle royale game on their Switch list. ;)
  • While I said that I don't like anything Ubisoft has to offer, I have to retract that statement - adding a new campaign to Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle for the DKC universe breathes more life back into the reanimated corpse that is Donkey Kong xD and gives players something more than just Mario characters.
  • I did play Life is Strange and platinum it and while I had nightmares of the game after playing it, the game was pretty interesting. This new title, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, seems to be a less drama-heavy title and focuses on something we all can relate to - being a kid and playing let's pretend. I'm still on the fence after Life is Strange but if the trophy list isn't too bad I might try it.
  • Super Smash Ultimate, of course: Only two new fighters(I thought that pterodactyl-morph Ridley was not a good fighter as he's huge but Nintendo insists on making me eat my words xD but I do love the Inkling and they made her speciality of shooting ink at stuff seamless and special - I have a feeling that this character will be abused) but the roster being EVERY CHARACTER THAT WAS IN SMASH is just f'king amazing! I have played regular Smash, Melee and Brawl and enjoyed the characters there, so it's nice they are bringing them back. And all of the new stages are amazing too! And it comes out the day after my birthday. I know what I'll be spending my birthday money on. :)
  • Fallout Shelter. I am a non-fan of the Fallout Series but this title is a quick and easy 100% and now it's been moved from mobile to the PS4 and they're giving it away, showing that these guys know their audience. ;)
  • Demos of Spyro Reignited and Kingdom Hearts III on the show floor.

SLOPS:

• Square-Enix. While they showed a lot of great games, I saw a few already on other conferences - Shadow of the Tomb Raider is not my cup of joe. I know Lara Croft is now the property of Square-Enix and I appreciate them saving Croft from obscurity with a massive reboot but as I said before, Lara Croft GO is the only game I care about. Also, Just Cause 4 was already shown and I don't care about it. I do appreciate the FFXIV update but I am swearing off of MMOs for the time being due to financial abuse and Kent was right - platinuming an MMO is pretty much impossible for me right now. :(
  • None of the other conferences wowed me except for Nintendo. (See last bullet point for why Square-Enix wasn't here.) Nintendo gave us what we want - a laundry list of titles coming out over the next few months and promises for a Super Smash Ultimate to end the year.
  • Fallout 76 being an MMO. I am a non-fan of Fallout games but I know a lot were expecting this to be a new Fallout mainline title. I fear we'll see server crashings, bugs galore, and tons of microtransactions as Beth realizes it cannot pay for the upkeep, which is what usually happens when a big-name bigwig tries to make an MMO. :P
  • I would have be happy if Toys for Bob had added in a Spyro 2 or 3 level but I guess they are still working on those games.

I was unexpectedly surprised with how good Microsoft's conference was. So it was a win as was Ubisoft's.

Losers were Square Enix and their short rehashed showing. Bethesda because they seriously fucked Fallout 76 and nothing else was very interesting. EA goes without saying.

As for Sony, they were somewhere in the middle. 

I thought everyone was a winner really.

• Xbox shown the most with a couple of exclusives and a LOT of  third party games and there were a lot of surprises there as well so I thought they did really well with their conference
  • EA did okay with Anthem, more gameplay and a release date. Usual Fifa with their Champions League mode, obviously running out of ideas. BFV I will no doubt play regardless as well.
  • Ubisoft with Beyond Good & Evil 2, the new AC (I'm still on Brotherhood, wtf?) Also, really like the look of Division 2 as well. No Splinter Cell though, FU.
  • Bethesda with ESVI and who knows even Fallout may actually be good as an MMO.
  • Sony  Although a lot of people thought it was rubbish, I thought it was good and emphasized on their exclusives which is what we want right? OH AND RESIDENT EVIL 2!
  • Square - The only saving grace for them with me is KH3, DQXI and if I like the first two Tomb Raiders, the new one also. They basically just shown trailers from the Xbox Conference. No FF7 though :(

I'm not really interested in Nintendo but from what people are saying they did really good. So I thought everyone was a winner really, one of the best E3 of recent memory.

Edited by Meachamp-

30 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Lol you have awful taste then because everything at sonys, microsofts, Ubisoft, and Bethesdas conferences was better. And nothing even is in the same breath as the last of us part 2 or ghost of tshuima both are flawless.

Man, are you a Cod, Fortnite, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Metal Gear player? I'm for Japan-RPG, I love Kingdom Hearts 3 and Dragon Quest XI and they are very stunning. These days there a lot of kids that only play garbage games...

Man, The Last of Us is boring, I love Dragon Quest, that's a game!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DragovianLord89 said:

Mam I waited for someone else to say it. When I was at the Playstation Experience people were crazy at Last Of Us 2. I literally was sitting there like "How can this game be fun? It looooooks so boooooring. What people only care about how it looks and not gameplay? The hell is wrong with people"

I actually tried the first one. Didn't get a trophy thank god. Said it was whack and deleted it lol. Never touched it again :P

• Like 1

Only game I was looking forwards to was AC Odyssey. It was annoying that Ubisoft saved the best for last, but I got what I wanted.

The rest I could care less about but EA was easily the worst. All they showed was their lack of originality and then doing the one thing no one ever wanted: a mobile Command and Conquer game.

41 minutes ago, DragovianLord89 said:

Man, are you a Cod, Fortnite, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Metal Gear player? I'm for Japan-RPG, I love Kingdom Hearts 3 and Dragon Quest XI and they are very stunning. These days there a lot of kids that only play garbage games...

Never heard of whatever trash that is dragon quest. The last of us is a masterpiece that's probably why it's considered one of the greatest games of all time but good try lmao

32 minutes ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Mam I waited for someone else to say it. When I was at the Playstation Experience people were crazy at Last Of Us 2. I literally was sitting there like "How can this game be fun? It looooooks so boooooring. What people only care about how it looks and not gameplay? The hell is wrong with people"

I actually tried the first one. Didn't get a trophy thank god. Said it was whack and deleted it lol. Never touched it again :P

Lmao y'all two probably really don't know what a good game is do y'all? You're calling the last of us garbage which is one of the top games ever created to some trash nobody on this side of the world has ever heard of....

Edited by rolltideroll157

27 minutes ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Dont know if you are trolling or not, but the gameplay demo of tlou2 was straight up epic.

Everybody has their own taste ofcourse but saying for example that kingdom hearts 3 gameplay would be better then tlou 2 is kind of silly imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

Dont know if you are trolling or not, but the gameplay demo of tlou2 was straight up epic.

Everybody has their own taste ofcourse but saying for example that kingdom hearts 3 gameplay would be better then tlou 2 is kind of silly imo.

Exactly. Don't know how anyone could watch that gameplay and say it looks boring maybe it's not your taste but to say it's boring is just stupid.

Microsoft and Sony won, Square Enix lost. Which is a shame because I had been waiting for the Square Enix conference for months.

Gameswise, I feel like Kingdom Hearts III crushed every other game with its 3 trailers. The loser has to be that Trover Saves The Universe thing.

1 hour ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Some of y'all are being fanboys with squares conference. They had the most piece of shit conference I have ever seen. All the good stuff they showed had already been shown off at other conferences and their conference lasted like 15 mins and to top it all off most of it was stupid jaspense anime shit that sucks lmao it's pathetic so don't act like it was good. 

It's called "having an opinion", a concept you don't seem to be acquainted with.

Edited by gerboize
  • Like 1

I actually think we are the ones who lost at this E3, while I hadn't the time to watch every single one, from what I saw and read, I feel that all I f them failed to bring much relevant stuff to the table, except for a few random "new" reveals.. So I can't really say who actually made any positive impact.. 

But that's just me.. 

Personally I thought sony had the best one, even thought the opening was pretty lame, but they showed a lot of gameplay for spiderman and ghost of tsushima and still unveiled a few games, Nioh 2 hype, so even though they didn't unveil many new games it was still my favorite one. After that I'd have to day microsoft, Cyberpunk 2077 trailer was lit af, Bethesda, then Square Enix, Ubisoft, and Nintendo in last.

Personally my favourite was Sony as they showed the most games I was interested in. Very excited for TLOU2 and Death Stranding, Spiderman and Ghost of Tsushima look awesome too although I hope Tsushima's combat isn’t too easy. Looking very forward to Resident Evil 2 as well even though I think it would be much better off with fixed cameras but it's nice to see something that can compete more with The Evil Within as there aren't too many third person survival horrors around. I also like that they held back on new announcements as they already have a lot of good games to show and think it's pointless to be hyping up tons of games that won't be released until the PS5 and it gives them stuff to save for upcoming years.

As for Microsoft they showed a couple of third party games I'm interested in. They gave no reason to buy an XBOX as I'm not interested in any first party game and if I was I could settle for the PC version so I don't think they really won anything. For Ubisoft the only game they showed that I was interested in was Assassin's Creed although I definitely think they should have taken another year off as I am struggling to keep up as well as feeling some fatigue starting to creep in having fully completed seven of them in around four years with Rogue, Bloodline, Origins and now this on my to do list; they should have shown Watch Dogs 3 or Splinter Cell instead. EA was garbage, Square Enix pointless and Bethesda was pretty good. Interested in the new Wolfenstein games, Doom Eternal and possibly Fallout 76. I don't know why people complain about F76; it's just a Fallout game with co-op, not an MMO. It was nice they showed what the game actually was and good to see Elder Scrolls 6 confirmed so fans can stop worrying and complaining.

Edited by olliebear66t

21 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

Um nope I am not.

I actually played the Last Of Us Remastered for PS4 when I got my console. Didn't like it at all. xD So yup there is my opinion. The second game doesn't look that appealing either. 

"Saying Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay is better tham Last Of Us 2 is silly imo" 

Is an opinion lol. Anyone can say whatever they want xD. Just cause you personally do not like JRPG's doesn't mean it sucks :P

Likewise if you are only into "Japanese games" can't say Western games suck. That's literally the beauty of opinions lol.

I play anything therefore I can say anything xD

If I do not like the game then I do not. I have many different tastes hence why genres exist. 

Enjoy :P