New Free DLC Level Future Tense Coming June 29th

I tried the relic and got around 1:26, which is not enough for gold (gold time is 1.15.43, plat time is 0.52.17). Unlike in Stormy Ascent, you definitely can't idle around waiting for platforms. So far my only hints is to save the masks for invincibility and I like to use the bazooka at the enemies that put up a shield at the beginning of the third section. It might also be a good idea to use it on a few boxes like the row of 1's which normally lead down to a secret area.

Maybe this isn't interesting to trophy hunting community, but I do wonder if this level can substitute relic/gems from the main game. It might not be the hardest trial overall with some practice.

edit: got it, just had to do some creative spin jumping in the last section and the bazooka is good to get those pitfall crates

3hTKUyx.jpg

Edited by mecharobot
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't think there is a trophy for getting the Gold Relic time.

Yeah, however besides the fun(?) factor, there is a possibility that the relic could be used to replace a main game relic for those who haven't got the plat yet. It wasn't entirely easy, but I would rather do Future Tense than Road Crash any day of the week.

I'm 99% sure it's replaceable, just like in Crash 1 with Stormy Ascent.

Also re. Road Crash - I hope you know that you can let the cars go at the beginning and once the road clears, start your race for the relic. Makes getting motorbike relics trivial.

On 6/24/2018 at 2:41 AM, TurtlePM said:

According to the source, they don’t mention trophies for the new DLC or did I miss something?

I really hope they don’t release trophies, people want their games 100% all stacked.

If they do add trophies, I’ll totally skip it

They just did.

• Like 1

Got my 100 percent back a couple hours ago.

Nothing as taxing or difficult as Stormy Ascent, mostly due to the fact that you don't need a Gold Relic this time around. There are a couple boxes between two conveyor belts in the 'Death' area of the level, which I missed completely during my first two runs.

There are boxes in the area just before the first Bonus stage, which I also missed because I only broke open the two normal crates and the nitro crate and not the four crates you find just a little further up.

It was nice to get back to this trilogy after having left it for six months. Vicarious Visions might as well add DLC for the second Crash Bandicoot game, since it's the only one in the trilogy that doesn't have it.

Now that I see some comments here after my reply, I honestly think that people only give reputation when people make fun or insult other people. A lot of good content spread around this forum and zero reputation given, but someone says “this is the dumbest thing I’ve heard”, everybody thumbs up.

I don’t know, I guess everybody has their goals and nitpicking about their trophy collection - like having 300 platinum but start all over again, because there is one game with an unobtainable platinum or glitched trophy. Why do a player that will not play a game (because the devs released new trophies) is THE dumbest reason?

I honestly would like to know, considering 15 reputation, there might be a lot of people with a lot of good arguments :)

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1