The Last of Us Part II – June 19, 2020

Ghost

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

D0gdVn_WoAUJxyN.png

D0fpFK0WoAAqyoi.jpg

Destination PlayStation, an event for retail and third party publishers, was held this week

https://www.resetera.com/threads/destination-playstation-an-event-for-retail-and-third-party-publishers-was-held-this-week.102520/

Edited by ziggypossum
UPD

• 1 month later...

could still easily make a rumored Oct 2019 release. i almost think it has too. Sony needs a big game exclusive for the holiday/fall 2019. and with Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima seemingly still a ways off, i think Last of Us 2 is whats coming next. theyll start marketing in June/July (?)

any update on how often Sony will do the State of Play? i assume every 2-3 months... 

• 1 month later...

Rumour: The Last of Us 2 Release Date Reveal Coming This Week

Oh boy, the rumours are really starting to rack up now, aren't they? Spanish website Gamereactor.es say that The Last of Us: Part II is getting a trailer and a release date later this week, citing sources close to Sony. Adding a little more weight, fellow Spanish site Legion de Jugadores reports the same thing, also citing sources close to Sony.

Now, when one site comes out with a rumour as bold as this we may not give it a second glance, but when two sites say it's happening, it's probably best to take better look. From where we're sitting, we don't think this is entirely out of the question (although we'd still be surprised). Remember, Sony isn't at E3 this year, and an announcement out of the blue like this would really steal some thunder away from the competition ahead of the big event.

And let's not forget, there's a Death Stranding reveal happening later this week as well. Could it all be related? Is Sony going to stealth drop a State of Play? We're not totally sold on that idea, but stranger things have happened.

The Last of Us: Part II, along with Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima, are the big first party PS4 exclusives that we've been waiting on for years. If Sony wants to make the internet lose its mind before E3 even begins, it certainly has the ammunition to do so -- it's just a case of whether these projects are ready to go or not.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/05/rumour_the_last_of_us_2_release_date_reveal_coming_this_week

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

February Seems Soon but Reasonable enough after all the Game Script should be finished so who knows really.

I still have to get the First one on Ps4 :P 

I think they'll tell the Official date at the PSExperience in December. That or just a Random State of Play before but i don't know for such a Big Title.

Then again, the guy on Twitter saying that is the same posting about The Spanish Site and the State of Play when was clearly wrong since the State of Play is the 1st or 2nd Thursday of the month i think (So It should be this coming Thursday) but for sure never at the end of a month....

Edited by Sora9427

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...