The Last of Us Part II – June 19, 2020

Ghost

5 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

If leaks were showing better story hype levels on forum would be going trough the roof , nobody barks at gameplay even if it is reskinned U4 with fev additions 

The gameplay is nothing like U4. That’s kind of a silly thing to say. A lot people are kind of ignoring the ambitious things they are doing in gameplay cause they are too distracted with the story. 

6 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Yep. It wasn't spoiled for me actually. It was more like out of curiosity on what got people all riled up about. 

And honestly man, after reading up on it, I think rightfully so. I didn't appreciate the direction the story went to nor did the excessive use of violence. If that scene in the trailer we got in 2018 where Abby was using a hammer on a person's forearm made people cringe, then ooh boy.. people are in for a rude awakening.

And then of course there's this whole "sjw" issue that I don't want to delve into right now because we all know how the last two threads ended up as 1f62c.png

I agree here. That was RDR 1 for me. Ending was spoiled for me but it still hit me hard.. 

You seriously can’t complain about violence in a franchise like Last of Us, of course it’s brutal, that’s kind of the point of the world, the first game was like that too. Also the hammer scene you were talking about wasn’t Abby doing it, at least if I am understanding who Abby is. If you were expecting a happy ending this isn’t really the series for that. As far as the SJW stuff that supposedly is in this, I think can be mostly ignored, a lot of people won’t even notice that kind of thing. Shame it was spoiled for you and a lot of other people.

12 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

You seriously can’t complain about violence in a franchise like Last of Us, of course it’s brutal, that’s kind of the point of the world, the first game was like that too. Also the hammer scene you were talking about wasn’t Abby doing it, at least if I am understanding who Abby is. If you were expecting a happy ending this isn’t really the series for that. As far as the SJW stuff that supposedly is in this, I think can be mostly ignored, a lot of people won’t even notice that kind of thing. Shame it was spoiled for you and a lot of other people.

I think these people have a very rosy remembrance of The Last of Us. The first game has to have been one of the darkest, most brutal games I've played. The game strikes me as a 'terrible things happening to terrible people' thing. There was never going to be a happy ending.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

nobody barks at gameplay

even if it is reskinned U4 with fev additions 

Nevermind.

Edited by EcoShifter
Somehow thought this was about U3 and the first TLOU.

32 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

You might be right about that person not being Abby in the trailer. I was just reaching from my memory

Regarding violence, I'm curious did you see the spoilers? Because none of the trailers showed exactly how violence was depicted in the leaks. They were brutal and kind of disgusting. I'd like to go in detail but i don't want to spoil some scenes for you. And it's not just violence itself I'm judging. It's the way they were done. They were pretty terrible mate. 

I know TLoU isn't suppose to be a happy game but I'm serious when I'm saying that the spoilers gets really messed up for "pulling out an ace card" and doing a 180° on you for what seemed like just for shock value and without any substance imo. There are 3 scenes that did that for me in TLoU 2.. 

It's reminiscent of game of thrones season 8 ending. Majority of fans weren't happy, let's just say. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

You might be right about that person not being Abby in the trailer. I was just reaching from my memory

Regarding violence, I'm curious did you see the spoilers? Because none of the trailers showed exactly how violence was depicted in the leaks. They were brutal and kind of disgusting. I'd like to go in detail but i don't want to spoil some scenes for you. And it's not just violence itself I'm judging. It's the way they were done. They were pretty terrible mate. 

I know TLoU isn't suppose to be a happy game but I'm serious when I'm saying that the spoilers gets really messed up for "pulling out an ace card" and doing a 180° on you for what seemed like just for shock value and without any substance imo. There are 3 scenes that did that for me in TLoU 2.. 

It's reminiscent of game of thrones season 8 ending. Majority of fans weren't happy, let's just say. 

Saw a gif of something I think was from the ending, I just didn’t and still don’t know the context of what I saw. Very violent of course.  Luckily I still don’t really know what happens, which is the best way to go into it.

38 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I think these people have a very rosy remembrance of The Last of Us. The first game has to have been one of the darkest, most brutal games I've played. The game strikes me as a 'terrible things happening to terrible people' thing. There was never going to be a happy ending.

Yeah, I think you may be correct to some extent, some people do have a very rosy view of the original.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

The gameplay is nothing like U4. That’s kind of a silly thing to say. A lot people are kind of ignoring the ambitious things they are doing in gameplay cause they are too distracted with the story. 

It is like U4 from movement to shooting ,melee fights , vaulting, getting in cover . Base animations are always re-used . Wow new mechanism of crawling that looks Hilarious , nothing in gameplay is new or groundbreaking . I can assume that You didn't see videos .

Spoiler

Ahhh new boat sections , that were in UNCR games , 

Maybe someone will edit that whole wideo and just delete scenes and fev fights , because gameplay footage is not spoiling anything 

Edited by MCH-MONOH7DRAT3

23 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

It is like U4 from movement to shooting ,melee fights , vaulting, getting in cover . Base animations are always re-used . Wow new mechanism of crawling that looks Hilarious , nothing in gameplay is new or groundbreaking . I can assume that You didn't see videos .

Reveal hidden contents

I mean you’re still speaking uninformed, it’s nothing like Uncharted 4, and yes going prone is a big deal, there’s a lot of ambitious stuff they’re doing with this game, you have to be kinda dumb to act otherwise. The only similarity is that it’s made by the same devs, nothing in common besides that. You’re being kinda silly. 

23 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe someone will edit that whole wideo and just delete scenes and fev fights , because gameplay footage is not spoiling anything 

And yes viewing gameplay is totally spoiling it because it’s part of the game, stop being silly man.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

1 minute ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I mean you’re still speaking uninformed, it’s nothing like Uncharted 4, and yes going prone is a big deal, there’s a lot of ambitious stuff they’re doing with this game, you have to be stupid to act otherwise. The only similarity is that it’s made by the same devs, nothing in common besides that. You’re being kinda stupid. 

Ok buy it then play trough whole game and don't call me stupid , relax . Studios always using same assets , animations and other stuff look at GTA5 and MP3 gunplay cover mechanic . I have seen that footage fev times and know what i am saying 

25 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

It is like U4 from movement to shooting , vaulting, getting in cover . Base animations are always re-used .

Let's try this again. You're right for the most part. The stealth system, which Naughty Dog long confirmed was taken from U4, is one of the most apparent examples of this. Similar to what I said before, though, TLOU2 is still mainly a regression from the Uncharted series, whether setpieces are counted or not, so calling it solely a "reskin with few additions" is misleading.

Wow new mechanism of crawling that looks Hilarious , nothing in gameplay is new . I can assume that You didn't see videos .

Now, TLOU2 doesn't have revolutionary gameplay (people who had hands on even said the game's gameplay is more similar to the first game than they thought it'd be), but it still has some new additions that both TLOU and the Uncharted series doesn't have. You mentioned one already. Another are the dogs, but I guess that's more on the enemy variety side. There's the dodge mechanic. Windows in certain buildings can also be broken, lol.

Edited by EcoShifter

Just now, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

Ok buy it then play trough whole game and don't call me stupid , relax . Studios always using same assets , animations and other stuff look at GTA5 and MP3 gunplay cover mechanic . I have seen that footage fev times and know what i am saying 

ND doesn’t generally reuse too much, the gameplay is completely different from Uncharted, and unless you’ve played the game you can’t say something as absurd as “it’s just Uncharted 4”, when it’s literally got none of the same animations or assets.

1 minute ago, EcoShifter said:

Let's try this again. You're right for the most part. The stealth system, which Naughty Dog been long confirmed was taken from U4, is one of the most apparent examples of this. Similar to what I said before, though, TLOU2 is still mainly a regression from the Uncharted series, whether setpieces are counted or not, so calling it solely a reskin with few additions is misleading.

Now, TLOU2 doesn't have revolutionary gameplay (people who had hands on even said the game's gameplay is more similar to the first game than they thought it'd be), but it still has some new additions that both TLOU and the Uncharted series doesn't have. You mentioned one already. Another are the dogs, but I guess that's more on the enemy variety side. There's the dodge mechanic. Windows in certain buildings can also be broken, lol.

Every enemy has a heartbeat, all the enemies call each by other name, I mean it’s far more ambitious than Last of Us 1 or Uncharted 4. 

10 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Let's try this again. You're right for the most part. The stealth system, which Naughty Dog been long confirmed was taken from U4, is one of the most apparent examples of this. Similar to what I said before, though, TLOU2 is still mainly a regression from the Uncharted series, whether setpieces are counted or not, so calling it solely a reskin with few additions is misleading.

Dogs were in U4  ( in fev scenes at least or ending only ), destructive environment were U4 main showoff , dodge mechanic as well from U4 ( Rafe or Nadine fight)

Careful next one a major SPOILER

Spoiler

One boss fight with unnamed characters is like David fight from first TLOU

22 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Every enemy has a heartbeat, all the enemies call each by other name, I mean it’s far more ambitious than Last of Us 1 or Uncharted 4. 

I know of the heartbeat system. That's more on the audio attention to detail side. The name system doesn't have any noteworthy impact on gameplay, if any at all. "Far more ambitious" than their previous works is an exaggeration, especially when the gameplay is still going to come up short compare to the variety Uncharted offers. Uncharted has gameplay mechanics tied to almost every action performed by a character: run & gun, shoot from ledge, climb and pull down from ledge, melee and shoot from cover, etc.

18 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

Dogs were in U4  ( in fev scenes at least or ending only ),

destructive environment were U4 main showoff ,

dodge mechanic as well from U4 

This is about gameplay; at no point can players actually fight dogs in U4.

Yes, but U4 doesn't have anything similar to breaking windows to get into locked areas.

That's U3, actually, and it's scripted there. U4 removed the dodge, instead telling players that rolling away works just as well (somehow). In TLOU2 it's been revamped to be used freely akin to something like God of War (2018).

Edited by EcoShifter

2 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

I know of the heartbeat system. That's more on the audio attention to detail side. The name system doesn't have any noteworthy impact on gameplay, if any at all. "Far more ambitious" than their previous works is an exaggeration, especially when the gameplay is still going to come up short compare to the variety Uncharted offers. Uncharted has gameplay mechanics tied to almost every action performed by a character: run & gun, shoot from ledge, climb and pull down from ledge, melee and shoot from cover, etc.

I mean you’re  wrong, this is their most ambitious game, and I think the devs would know that better than some random guy on the internet who doesn’t really know how far they’re going to make this one. It’s not gonna “fall short” by any means.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

2 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I mean you’re  wrong, this is their most ambitious game, and I think the devs would know that better than some random guy on the internet who doesn’t really know how far they’re going to make this one. It’s not gonna “fall short” by any means.

If their idea of the most ambitious game is to give a one finger salute to all the fans of the first game, then it’ll go down as well as a cup of cold sick.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

You're actually wrong. Don't move the goalpost, im referring strictly to gameplay, not the overall game. The funny thing is you're a random guy on the internet making false claims about this game containing the best gameplay Naughty Dog has ever produced in a video game. The game is their most ambitious, but that doesn't mean ever layer of game design is going to surpass their previous works. TLOU was Naughty Dog's most ambitious game after U3, and yet the gameplay pales in comparison to it. Yes it most definitely is going to fall short by at least some means, compared directly to the Uncharted series. 

Edited by EcoShifter

11 minutes ago, LongLiveHelghast said:

If their idea of the most ambitious game is to give a one finger salute to all the fans of the first game, then it’ll go down as well as a cup of cold sick.

I mean, they aren’t doing that by any means.

10 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

You're actually wrong. Don't move the goalpost, im referring strictly to gameplay, not the game. The funny thing is you're a random guy on the internet making false claims about this game containing the best gameplay Naughty Dog has ever produced in a video game. The game is their most ambitious, but that doesn't mean ever layer of game design is going to surpass their previous works. That's naturally a stupid argument to make. Yes it most definitely is going to fall short by at least some means, compared directly to the Uncharted series.

Lol that’s literally what it means when a dev says they think they’re game is their most ambitious. They of course mean it’ll be their best work, of course In their opinion, but also technologically. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

You're actually wrong. Don't move the goalpost, im referring strictly to gameplay, not the game. The funny thing is you're a random guy on the internet making false claims about this game containing the best gameplay Naughty Dog has ever produced in a video game. The game is their most ambitious, but that doesn't mean ever layer of game design is going to surpass their previous works. That's naturally a stupid argument to make. Yes it most definitely is going to fall short by at least some means, compared directly to the Uncharted series.

Ok so going bit further. Is   RISE OF TOMBRAIDER and UNCHARTED 4 aren't basically same game ? 

And i know that breaking windows is VERY revolutionary ?

5 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I mean, they aren’t doing that by any means.

Lol that’s literally what it means when a dev says they think they’re game is their most ambitious. They of course mean it’ll be their best work, of course In their opinion, but also technologically. 

“They aren’t doing that by any means” ?? must be nice to live in a world that delusional. The soy boy dev is literally throwing his own shit at every fan on Twitter and pulling ever insult he can think of out of his ass. ? ?   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KSTORM25 said:

“They aren’t doing that by any means” ?? must be nice to live in a world that delusional. The soy boy dev is literally throwing his own shit at every fan on Twitter and pulling ever insult he can think of out of his ass. ? ?   

?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol that’s literally what it means when a dev says they think they’re game is their most ambitious. They of course mean it’ll be their best work, of course In their opinion, but also technologically

Ok.

13 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

Ok so going bit further. Is   RISE OF TOMBRAIDER and UNCHARTED 4 aren't basically same game ? 

That's not going further, that's changing the topic. The answer to that question is also a complicated one, which I don't want to get into, in part of laziness.

Edited by EcoShifter

17 minutes ago, KSTORM25 said:

“They aren’t doing that by any means” 1f602.png? must be nice to live in a world that delusional. The soy boy dev is literally throwing his own shit at every fan on Twitter and pulling ever insult he can think of out of his ass. 1f351.png1f4a9.png   

Nice, you cheer on a leak of a project this man has worked on for years, and expect him not to respond that way, people on the internet suck. Also I’m not “delusional” because we have different opinions. Yours is just ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, LongLiveHelghast said:

Druckmann’s been on Instagram calling everyone upset with the leaks bigoted and telling them not to buy the game. Look how that went for Battlefield 5.

Virtually every big YouTube gaming channel’s been covering the leaks. That’s millions of potential sales who know about it - and casuals are hardly going to turn off Warzone/Fortnite/FIFA to go and buy the game. 

This game’ll still sell millions - but nowhere near enough to not be considered a flop. But please, continue shilling for Naughty Dog and being in complete denial.

I’m not “in denial” because I don’t agree with you and the mob. He has a right to be upset, his work for the last few years has just leaked and people are being dicks about the whole thing before it’s even out. It’s like you expect him to just take the abuse and not say anything, sounds like a bullying mentality.

7 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

No answer is easy those are basically same game with fev tweaks

No, they aren’t, stop saying absurd things, that make no sense, they aren’t at all alike.

10 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Here's something interesting I found. The "co-lead game designer" of this game is Emilia Schatz, and as you can see on "her" twitter it is a transgender woman https://twitter.com/thegreatbluebit . Make of this what you will 1f60f.png

Ok? Like that matters.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, KSTORM25 said:

The leaker is a hero, better for people to save $60+ dollars now than to be lied to and spend the money than complain about it later, this all took place sooner than it would have but this outrage was destined to happen. Nice of you to encourage corporate greed of not paying employees and fired for not agreeing with a tyrant developer though. 1f44f.png 

He’s no fucking hero, he’s a criminal that leaked a whole team of developers work that they’ve put their time into for the last 4 years. You’re outlook is pretty terrible and stupid. It’s pretty fucked up that you call the asshole a hero, the outrage wouldn’t have happened at all if this leak didn’t happen. I’m not “encouraging corporate greed”. What are you even on about? They aren’t tyrants, you’re just as bad as those SJW types, cheering on the leaking of a project that so many people worked on, for no good reason. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1