The Last of Us Part II – June 19, 2020

Ghost

1 minute ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

They aren’t tyrants, you’re just as bad as those SJW types, cheering on the leaking of a project that so many people worked on, for no good reason. 

For people who whine about 'oppression olympics' and cancel culture so much, they sure do love their oppression olympics and cancel culture. Almost as if self-victimization is a mindset that comes with emotional immaturity, and isn't inherently tied to any one ideology?

That being said, I would argue that people losing their jobs because of a hacker is more of a capitalist failing than that one hacker's fault specifically, although that probably leans a bit too left for most people here. Ultimately if you're praising someone as a hero, you have to take in all their deeds while doing so, and this hacker did what he did likely aware that his actions would sabotage a company and leave people hungry.

• Like 3

Ok fellas relax , some of us are buying game and some not . I personally don't support that 'director' and not buying it unless very cheap with FACTIONS included or FACTIONS standalone . If someone wants to buy it that's his/her/orwhatever business . We dont have to call each other  of mob and alike

Just now, LongLiveHelghast said:

If he didn’t want the abuse, he shouldn’t be calling people bigots just for disagreeing with him politically, he should have paid his employees properly (I highly doubt the leaker was an outside source as ND and Sony claim, I believe they’re just trying to save face), and he shouldn’t have made the working conditions at the studio so hostile it’s employees felt afraid to speak up or challenge him about his writing for fear of being branded with some sort of -ism.

I mean, none of that shit is verifiable, they were paying people properly, Bonuses even, people just want to stick to the original narrative that is downright false at this point, just because it suits what you want to be the case instead of the truth, they have literally no reason to lie about who did it, it was an outside hacker, just keep believing your false narrative that’s already been disproven.

10 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

For people who whine about 'oppression olympics' and cancel culture so much, they sure do love their oppression olympics and cancel culture. Almost as if self-victimization is a mindset that comes with emotional immaturity, and isn't inherently tied to any one ideology?

That being said, I would argue that people losing their jobs because of a hacker is more of a capitalist failing than that one hacker's fault specifically, although that probably leans a bit too left for most people here. Ultimately if you're praising someone as a hero, you have to take in all their deeds while doing so, and this hacker did what he did likely aware that his actions would sabotage a company and leave people hungry.

I’m with you for most of that but not the whole capitalist failing thing, something we don’t really need to talk about anyway. Otherwise you could be right about that first part of your post there, seems it’s not just the left that partakes in all the worst parts of culture these days. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

I have a hard time believing a hacker leaked this when every hacker group in existence likes to brag online that they hacked something. 

Well, this isn’t something a smart person would brag about.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KSTORM25 said:

The leaker is a hero, better for people to save $60+ dollars now than to be lied to and spend the money than complain about it later, this all took place sooner than it would have but this outrage was destined to happen. Nice of you to encourage corporate greed of not paying employees and fired for not agreeing with a tyrant developer though. 1f44f.png 

Amen ? he should have more respect for employees , but we all lose here people who are disappointed by game story and people who will follow '  director '  without question

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LongLiveHelghast said:

edit: there was also a short clip of Factions gameplay going around, and all the PSN IDs on there had NDI in them. So how could some hacker have managed to play a game of Factions without none of the other devs in the game becoming suspicious?

Once again I ask, do you (or anyone) have access to this clip?

12 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

To be honest, I don’t, the link I saw it on has been swiftly and predictably removed. I do have my reservations about that clip, namely it was 15 seconds long and shot on an utterly potato quality camera. But you could see the IDs of the devs, that the HUD was different to TLoU1 factions, on a map that wasn’t in the original game etc

Edited by LongLiveHelghast

15 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

That clip was part of the 90 minutes video that leaked. At least, that’s where I saw it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carol said:

That clip was part of the 90 minutes video that leaked. At least, that’s where I saw it.

Yeah, I seen some of that video, but of course I didn't want to keep running through the game's story to find out where that ridiculously small window was.

5 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

I have 

Have, not seen.

Edited by EcoShifter

1 minute ago, EcoShifter said:

Yeah, I seen some of that video, but of course I didn't want to run through the game's story to find out where that ridiculously small window was.

Have, not seen.

So do you want it or no ? If you can write Chinese then you should be ok ?

And the ship continues his sinking. Neil, ¿why are you hiding? ¿Why is Sony marking strikes to all youtubers that talk about the subject in whatever language? I have seen videos on Youtube discussing the massive leak and the story of this game and suddenly, they dissapear, the channel owners get flagged and they lose suscribers like in a massive floodgate (in both english and spanish). ¿Why the videogame press is still silent about this? We are wtinesses to a disaster in the videogame industry and almost no one (outside Youtube and some few portals) cover it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

And the ship continues his sinking. Neil, ¿why are you hiding? ¿Why is Sony marking strikes to all youtubers that talk about the subject in whatever language? I have seen videos on Youtube discussing the massive leak and the story of this game and suddenly, they dissapear, the channel owners get flagged and they lose suscribers like in a massive floodgate (in both english and spanish). ¿Why the videogame press is still silent about this? We are wtinesses to a disaster in the videogame industry and almost no one (outside Youtube and some few portals) cover it.

ND is owned by Sony they just trying to save what they can , can't blame them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

We are witnesses to a disaster in the video game industry? Seriously? ? Pre-release footage of a video game got leaked and Sony is taking actions like every other game publisher in history. You expect Sony to help spread the news? Or maybe even leak some not yet seen footage by themselves?

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Nah. If it has to come to that, just Neil.

I don’t know much about him beyond the making-of Uncharted videos. I don’t have a dog in this hunt beyond loving video games.

But at the end of the day: he’s the President of the company, he let Hennig leave (good/bad, tbd), helped foster the crunch culture leading to brain drain, and he let Druckmann run wild. Terrible mismanagement of assets.