The Last of Us Part II – June 19, 2020

Ghost

to be honest I was looking forward to this. I wasn't gunna buy because I didn't need to my friend is going to get it, and lend it when he's done. Thing is now even for free I'm not sure I want to...when a game is made, it's down to the creators to tell the story, whatever story they want to tell, they have the freedom to do what they want, like it or not, appreciate it or not thats how it goes imo. But when a sequel to one of the most beloved games of all time the creators have a certain obligation, to at the very least maintain a sense of continuity and equal appreciation for the journey. it's not exactly a stale formula for the first sequel I mean sure if it's Tlou 3 and 4 flip when stale. but for me it's just blatant disrespect to their own creation. feels subversive deceitful and not nice quite frankly.

that and the twitter meltdown was hillarious. but not in a good way.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Carol said:

Well, I thought the tweet was interesting and that’s why I shared it.

That much was obvious, which is why I asked for a more elaborate response. I've been aware of your (and others') feelings regarding the game, so when you posted this tweet, it somewhat implied or seemed to me you having hope or faith in the game still, especially this hope centered tweet..

Troy Baker is clearly saying we don’t know enough to be able to judge the game and that he doesn’t feel his character was disrespected.

For me personally, his words don’t change much. Those leaks destroyed me.

I know what he's saying. But the line I referenced specifically is out of place with the rest of the text except the one preceding it, and it's separated from the other lines, seemingly for more focus on that line. There appears to be some order and continuity in his lines, too, rather than them being randomly said and placed. The tweet has multiple meanings, one of which includes what you said, but one of them does also seem to be that he's loyal to his character role as Joel regardless of how things turn out with him.

1. Posting this because I want to.
  2. Because I believe in this team.
  3. Because I’ve waited six years to experience this story as it was intended.
  4. Because you might think you know.
  5. But you don’t.
  6. Because I’m proud of this game.
  7. Because I chose to be a part of it.

8. Because I AM Joel.

2 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

wouldn't it be fun if we all met up in tlou2 multiplayer?...

This game doesn't have multiplayer. (What has been talked about and shown from leaks is likely from the previously confirmed standalone multiplayer game.)

Edited by EcoShifter

I have only barely been following the nontroversy of this game but when I read the report of the "outside hacker" who leaked stuff I immediately preordered the game on PSN.

The last game I preordered was FF7 Remake and that was one of only 5 or so games i've preordered in the last 5 years (wow expansions, Cyberpunk, FF7 Remake)

This game is gonna be amazing, especially if it is making people this delusional over it. Can't wait!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KSTORM25 said:

Delusional would be pre ordering a game in 2020, let alone this one 1f4b0.png 

Naughty dog has yet to burn me. Every other game was a day 1 purchase. No reason to believe this one will let me down.

And if it does, I will reassess of course. I'm not someone who likes to set money on fire after all.

Edited by Jables_The_Hutt
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Pretty much. I used to gravitate primarily in spaces with these sorts of people. It's almost always very mentally ill or otherwise victimized feeling people who make up for their lack of self-confidence through aggression and accusing other groups of being responsible for all of their suffering - hence why reactionaries (of all ideologies) always need a scapegoat that they can attack. Being able to attack takes the heat off yourself, and lets you avoid having to self-examine. Obviously, gaming is one of the more introverted / seclusion friendly hobbies, and as such it attracts a lot of these types.

There's really nothing you can do about them. They'll always attack, because attacking is a defense mechanism. As long as you're constantly drawing attention to the other, you never need to step back and take a look at yourself. Growing out of that mentality (and freeing themselves from their self-victimization) is a burden that's entirely their own.

Obviously, this 'attack, attack, attack' mentality sees depictions of gay people, women, et cetera as an easy target and a perpetual source of self-victimization, especially because it supposedly threatens one of their primary hobbies. The truth is, only the most extreme sorts of people really bother to argue about these sorts of things. Most people will see them, and even if they don't like them, just shrug their shoulder and go, "well, that sucks. Guess I'll play something else." The people who bother making it a federal issue are going to be on the fringe, one way or another.

Oh believe me. There are many guys well in their 30s and 40s who are basically high school kids. They never grew up past that stage in their life so they make aggression and try to get a reaction out of others.

The wasteland that is the internet is their playground.

I will be honest to people. I never was much interested in this game, I wasn't a big fan of the first game so how it fares this coming June, doesn't affect me either way. The way I see it, there's a bunch of pissed off fanboys who loved the ever living shit out of the first game, and they cannot accept these changes.

This kind of shit is what has detached me from modern AAA gaming. Every few AAA games has to have some sort of controversy, political agenda, or some stigma thrown in to get all the people on social media riled up. I don't approve of Neil's actions, but if I were in his shoes I probably wouldn't do much different than what he's doing right now.

We got a crisis going on in this world, and the fact people are this riled up and pissed off over a video game is very fucking sad.

What's next? Will EA or Ubisoft make a game that completely changes the core values of a series to try to cater to a select audience? Will Sony further their stance on censorship and alienate their long time fans?

Who knows. Once this shit dies down, we can all look back a few years from now and laugh at how silly we were.

The problem I think is many people in this generation didn't grow up. Attacking for a lot of them is a defense mechanism, partly because you will probably never meet the other person in real life. In the past, a heated conversation generally never left the living room or the school cafeteria. Nowadays somebody can make a post on how pathetic and despicable Neil is, and that can go viral and have everybody agree with that opinion like braindead sheep.

There's far worse things threatening the video game industry than a leak that exposed how Ellie and Joel's stories pan out. People need to just come out, say they won't buy the game, and stop supporting the company that made it. There's no need to go any further than that.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, KSTORM25 said:

Delusional would be pre ordering a game in 2020, let alone this one ? 

Please, could you elaborate on how is it delusional pre-ordering a game in 2020? From 80+ games I've played so far I've pre-ordered most of them. And I've got burned only once - Borderlands 3. And I don't see how reviews would help me in this case.

To me, it seems "delusional" to wait for somebody else to tell me if I should buy the game or not. Let alone some guys counting dislikes on internet - I mean no offense, but nothing screams bias more. But you don't see me telling others being delusional if they decide to wait for reviews, do you?

Edited by BloodyRutz

5 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

not gonna lie, this is quite a decent trailer. I'm still undecided on how I feel about the direction, but that is a well put together trailer.

9 minutes ago, pieroV_86 said:

In the meanwhile, playstation youtube channel has disabled comments because of the leaks 1f605.png

The Greek one uploaded the trailer with comments enabled and like/dislike bar.

(edit) ... and now they made the video private. ?

Edited by Deadsh0tdoubleG

6 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

smart move

Not really. It just screams a little bit of having lost confidence in the game.

If it was only the comments turned off I could understand, but to disable the like/dislikes suggests they’re not enjoying the criticism

Edited by LongLiveHelghast
  • Like 4

Well, the story aspect is very sorely lacking in that "story" trailer, especially compared to other PlayStation exclusives' story trailers. It's just a lot of in-game high quality scenes put together, with little to no interesting character interactions, characterization, story beats, etc. Seems people who have seen the game are right about the story not being good. 

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LongLiveHelghast said:

Not really. It just screams a little bit of having lost confidence in the game.

If it was only the comments turned off I could understand, but to disable the like/dislikes suggests they’re not enjoying the criticism

Doesn’t have anything to do, you can’t stop people from sabotaging even if you are confident on your game.

That’s how mass media works.

• Like 2

Spoilers is disgusting with it's pandering without substance. Why would you want the player to play as Abby after what she has done....

Why can't they make Abby like Mary Jane in Spiderman. An extra character you can play at certain sections, and her story isn't Intrusive to the Main Characters. 

The leaks only tell what the disgruntled worker/"Hacker" released, full context of the story matters. Whatever was leaked not promising.

I am going to wait for reviews and fully story spoiler before shitting on it. 

If it is shite, then 2nd hand copy. 

Edited by Kishnabe

Yeah, even if our anger is justified, it’s sad seeing the reception this game is having. I know it’s just a game, but my heart just feels so dark and heavy with all that’s going on. Even if it’s a bad game, it deserved a more peaceful release. So, yes, I wish things were different...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, talespagni said:

Druckmann's video is now up to 430k views and 71k dislikes.

Regarding the new trailer:

- Sony disabled comments and likes/dislikes

- No woke segments.

I wonder why.

The ratio of dislikes to views has decreased by an entire percentage point from 17.5% to 16.5%. Sounds like things are improving for Naughty Dog. 

If we're interpreting what numbers say and all...

• Like 4