The Last of Us Part II – June 19, 2020

Ghost

20 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I don't know, most of the games I've played are generally very well received, but that's not really the point. Also, I meant reviews in general - gaming news site, Reddit, other people's opinions on forums like these. The reason I mentioned reviews is that without them, I don't really understand what would be the difference between pre-order and normal order then. It's still the same product. You just have more information from other sources to help you decide.

For example, judging by this thread and general hate aimed at people involved in it's development, I shouldn't play TLOU 2 even if it was free. But I liked what I've seen so far and I liked Naughty Dog's games I've played in past. For me there is no reason not to trust them. That's why I'm gonna formulate an opinion about it on my own.

So the release date for me is just a date. It doesn't really matter if I'm gonna buy it now or next month. I will still have the same information since I don't plan to spoil the game for myself. On the other hand, possible Borderlands 4 - that's a NO from me no matter what.

I'm not saying reviews are useless, I just disagree with calling others pre-ordering video games being delusional just because I don't agree with it. That's all.

I hear you, true and I agree about Borderlands 4 if that ever happens. 

• Like 4

Just thought I'd show my face in this thread one final time to say that the box art sucks so goddamn much. Seriously? That's what they decided to go with? I've seen some phenomenal box art from fans that blow the official art (if you can call it that) out of the water. Sorry, just had to rant about that, it's ugly. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Venocide said:

Just thought I'd show my face in this thread one final time to say that the box art sucks so goddamn much. Seriously? That's what they decided to go with? I've seen some phenomenal box art from fans that blow the official art (if you can call it that) out of the water. Sorry, just had to rant about that, it's ugly. 

Agreed. I've always hated that cliche of taking a closeup of a character model's face and slapping it on the box. It's lazy and boring to look at.

1 minute ago, Nighcisama said:

Which one do you mean, angry period Ellie or careful gun holding Ellie?

I'm assuming it's the one shown in the opening post of this thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

too much to quote here*

Honestly I agree with you about BL4 - there’s absolutely no way that Randy Pitchford will ever get any of my money. I would genuinely much rather support Neil Druckmann than Randy Pitchford and I think they’re both terrible representatives for the video gaming industry.

Edited by LongLiveHelghast
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Agreed. I've always hated that cliche of taking a closeup of a character model's face and slapping it on the box. It's lazy and boring to look at.

I'm assuming it's the one shown in the opening post of this thread.

I mean, the game 1 remastered cover was not much better, basically just Ellie and Joel standing there doing nothing, in black and white, so I would not say the new one is noticeably worse. Might be a bit misleading to show only Ellie on the cover given what we know about how the game will look though, but then again the new trailer was equally dishonest in that regard so I guess that is the new Naughty Dog way of marketing things.

59 minutes ago, Venocide said:

I legitimately thought that was placeholder art.

2 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

I mean, the game 1 remastered cover was not much better, basically just Ellie and Joel standing there doing nothing, in black and white, so I would not say the new one is noticeably worse. Might be a bit misleading to show only Ellie on the cover given what we know about how the game will look though, but then again the new trailer was equally dishonest in that regard so I guess that is the new Naughty Dog way of marketing things.

I think minimalist box art *can* look good. While not my favourite example of this, at least the remastered box art had some style to it. TLoU2's box art just looks like the in-game character model. It's up to personal preference of course, but I think it looks worse.

the direction this took is utterly subversive, deceitful and completely wrong. it used to be a game made for everyone, now it's anita sarkeesian's pet project, i hate gamers, so f*** your games type of attitude. the way I see it, this game wasn't made for everyone, it was made for the shallow entitled, drug addled hypocritical vegans amongst us, and unfortunately this game will still sell really well because many people are just waiting for it. and I gurantee many of those people will start kicking off by june 24th. the trailer is nothing more then a marketting spin, hell when this game comes out i wouldn't be surprised if people try to sue druckman for copyright infringement.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

the direction this took is utterly subversive, deceitful and completely wrong. it used to be a game made for everyone, now it's anita sarkeesian's pet project, i hate gamers, so f*** your games type of attitude. the way I see it, this game wasn't made for everyone, it was made for the shallow entitled, drug addled hypocritical vegans amongst us, and unfortunately this game will still sell really well because many people are just waiting for it. and I gurantee many of those people will start kicking off by june 24th. the trailer is nothing more then a marketting spin, hell when this game comes out i wouldn't be surprised if people try to sue druckman for copyright infringement.

Fun fact: games made for you aren't "made for everyone" either. Every piece of marketed media is made for an audience. Maybe you've just grown complacent and begun to assume that the default is for games to appeal to you?

• Like 4

On ‎05‎.‎05‎.‎2020 at 10:47 AM, Darling Baphomet said:

Pretty much. I used to gravitate primarily in spaces with these sorts of people. It's almost always very mentally ill or otherwise victimized feeling people who make up for their lack of self-confidence through aggression and accusing other groups of being responsible for all of their suffering - hence why reactionaries (of all ideologies) always need a scapegoat that they can attack. Being able to attack takes the heat off yourself, and lets you avoid having to self-examine. Obviously, gaming is one of the more introverted / seclusion friendly hobbies, and as such it attracts a lot of these types.

There's really nothing you can do about them. They'll always attack, because attacking is a defense mechanism. As long as you're constantly drawing attention to the other, you never need to step back and take a look at yourself. Growing out of that mentality (and freeing themselves from their self-victimization) is a burden that's entirely their own.

Obviously, this 'attack, attack, attack' mentality sees depictions of gay people, women, et cetera as an easy target and a perpetual source of self-victimization, especially because it supposedly threatens one of their primary hobbies. The truth is, only the most extreme sorts of people really bother to argue about these sorts of things. Most people will see them, and even if they don't like them, just shrug their shoulder and go, "well, that sucks. Guess I'll play something else." The people who bother making it a federal issue are going to be on the fringe, one way or another.

I wish I could like this more than once. Very well said.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Fun fact: games made for you aren't "made for everyone" either. Every piece of marketed media is made for an audience. Maybe you've just grown complacent and begun to assume that the default is for games to appeal to you?

Fun Fact "You people" can't make your own entertainment. can't make your own characters, because woke writers are worthless trash. when doom's next sequel comes out, I don't wanna se a rainbow coloured gay doom slayer. just make your own FUCKING games, and stories and stop subversively supplanting ours.

• Like 3

nothing the alt left do is for anyones benefit but their own popularity contest. druckman talks about how he loves women, yet fails to mention how he TRAMPLED all over Amy Hennig to get his woke shit in there instead. you're all hypocrits, when a game is made it's down to the devs to decide what they want to do, but when a sequel is made they have a fucking obligation to not shit on the source material, an obligation to the people that PAID THEIR WAGES.

I hope this shit fails.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

So you are just going to keep playing all of Dontnod games and still whine about the Alt Left boogie man

dontnod games aren't so woke as to consistantly push the same virtue signalled narrative down your necks. it's genuine diversity, not woke diversity. there is a difference, and i can appreciate a story about gay characters as much as the next guy. what I can't stand is the hypocrisy of the alt left, they don't care about anyone it's just a push for popularity nothing more, foot in the door gatekeep the industry, thats all. it's the agenda and the deceit i have a problem with and i've every right to be pissed about it. it's not enough to make a story about characters we know and love, they have to butcher the story to fit a identity politics driven narrative.

36 minutes ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

So....you want a safe space?

Also don't tell me this skin isn't awesome.

loot1_md_1x._CB419437737_.jpg

yeah it's cool, it's great i love it. i also like how Id gave EVERYONE a way to express themselves within their game. it brought people together. I don't see that happening with Tlou 2.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 3

On 5/6/2020 at 10:14 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it used to be a game made for everyone

The first game was never made for "everyone", whether from an age and/or general demographic standpoint. Some developers have actually designed games that can appeal to as much people as possible (since "everyone" is legitimately impossible) intentionally and from the onset, but Naughty Dog isn't one of them when they made the first (and second) The Last of Us. Naughty Dog have made it clear and stated multiple times that they create the games they want to make (they're prideful on that and it's one of their motto), not what Sony Interactive Entertainment (except, allegedly, Uncharted 4 as according to Neil he was asked to make U4 while working on TLOUPII) or players want. The game has "diversity" with sexual orientation beyond the common one (heterosexual), which only ends up being one additional type (bisexual or gay), but it doesn't mean the game itself is made for everyone. It's just a game that more people can enjoy because it includes—not centers on—more than just one type of sexual orientation. 

Edited by EcoShifter
Improved wording and detail
  • Like 1

Look I'm not going to kick the dead horse that is The Last of Us Part 2 leaks like everyone else is. But I am not going to judge this game by this controversy, because like everyone and everything recently, Naughty Dogs and Sony are being gravely affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. They delayed the game to make sure that it has the best chance of success and sells well by retail stores and distributors. Did it paid off? well no and probably should have focus more on digital distribution, but that doesn't matter now, now its just damage control. Me personality I have not seen any of the leaks as I don't want any spoilers, but I will still buy this game because I still support Naughty dogs all the game designers that have put so much effort in making the game, especially in these difficult time.. 

It is rather ironic thou that a Video Game about a deadly epidemic is being destroyed by a real deadly epidemic. I bet Resident Evil 3 RM and DOOM Eternal are glad they came out sooner.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

Fun Fact "You people" can't make your own entertainment. 

Idk, seems to me like we're already doing so just fine, buddy. The irony here being that for years, whenever LGBT or feminist issues were brought up in terms of gaming, people would scream, "just make your own games, then!" And now we have. Now most games are "our games". And it doesn't feel that good, does it?

• Like 2