The Last of Us Part II – June 19, 2020

Ghost

I’m very glad that there won’t be multiplayer this time! I liked the MP in the original TLOU, but as every Naughty Dog game obliges, it delivers tedious or cruelty difficult MP trophies.

I just want to take a break of multiplayer and enjoy a fantastic single player experience.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

Multiplayer in first game was very good but you must look out when your clan can be 100% risk destroyed by sickness if you pick up wrong challenges, then you must start new journey.

Single player was amazing , let's hope nexg part will be also amazing. But knowing Naughty Dog and ther potential we won't be disappointed.

Factions was like my comfort food. It was the only multiplayer I play, and essentially why I kept subscribing to Plus for so long. There's nothing that hooked me as much as this did. The reason why I anticipated TLoU 2 so much was for Factions, and with me playing over 1000 hours on the original I considered it integral to the series. TLoU just isn't TLoU without it.

It was considered underrated and was revered by its players, and knowing they've confirmed it for Part 2 back in 2018, and were even hiring new people to work on the MP specifically, this news is legit really disheartening and steered me from a day one purchase to waiting for a discount or potential remaster for PS5.

• Like 4

On 9/25/2019 at 2:06 AM, Charizarzar said:

I might be the only one but I’m also really looking forward to seeing the new multiplayer. I’ve been playing that a lot again lately. 

On 9/25/2019 at 9:17 AM, EcoShifter said:

No, you're not. I'm also on the look out for that, even though I rightfully should not be. Among TLOU multiplayer being broken, Naughty Dog have been incompetent at Mp design since Uncharted 2, which even RobinGaming of all (highly passionate) ND fanboys has acknowledged. They've ruined every single game since with Mp (including Uncharted 4, and I find it baffling TLOU remaster has failed to acknowledge and fix issues from the PS3 version) and lost a lot of trust within the mp community. This is why i'm giving higher priority to single player gameplay (because everyone and their grandmother already know the narrative and characters are going to provide an entertaining experience), even though that should already have more precedence as it's probably the more "important" mode, sigh even when, ironically, more effort and support (DLC and patches) has tended to go into mp for their games <_<.

23 hours ago, NoiizeR- said:

Any Multiplayer?

23 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Online multiplayer in Naughty Dog's games is just as guaranteed as their focus on narrative.

No Multiplayer in this one after all.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-last-of-us-part-2-no-multiplayer-mode-faction

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

thank god no multiplayer

https://twitter.com/USgamernet/status/1177236907148709890

Only good thing about this is that there won't be the now nearly classic stupid trophy design that ND does.  A bit disappointed tho, as the MP on the first was quite cool. 

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Glad there is no MP trophies, but i wonder if they continue been one of the worst for trophy lists. As good as they ND are their trophy lists are awful. 

Expect the best but be ready for the worst. 

That worst been to finish grounded mode+ in under 5 mins, perma death, no kills, no alarms, entire console and trophy history wipe and posible cancer too.  Wish this was a joke but I can see them doing this and more. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No Multiplayer in this one after all.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-last-of-us-part-2-no-multiplayer-mode-faction

Yeah. :( Don’t know what they’re thinking really, Factions was one of the only online modes that I didn’t find shoehorned in. Was looking forward to maybe having to deal with both infected and other players this time. (Sigh) Of course I’m all in for the single player, but I wish they’d said this earlier.

• Like 3

I am extremely saddened there will be no multiplayer for this game. I have spent countless hours and years playing Interrogation. I would hop on to play a few rounds and next thing I know it's 2am and I have to go to work at 6. No joke. I still play this religiously today and is the only multiplayer I've ever enjoyed. Sure Naughty Dog screwed up by not fixing the Burst rifle issue (they should never down anyone with one burst), crab walking, glitching out of maps, etc..but I'll still play it. Even with those cheaters who use modded controllers and the Variable rifle. I don't care.

I don't see how after over 5 years of development, they didn't have a team working on the TLOU2 multiplayer the whole time. I can only hope that after the amount of backlash they are getting and the # of pre-orders that are cancelling due to this news,  that they eventually add it down the road or maybe on the PS5 version of the game.

This news just killed my excitement for this game. I know the single player story will be worth every penny, but the longevity of the game is due to it's multiplayer.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, trojbrown40 said:

I am extremely saddened there will be no multiplayer for this game. I have spent countless hours and years playing Interrogation. I would hop on to play a few rounds and next thing I know it's 2am and I have to go to work at 6. No joke. I still play this religiously today and is the only multiplayer I've ever enjoyed. Sure Naughty Dog screwed up by not fixing the Burst rifle issue (they should never down anyone with one burst), crab walking, glitching out of maps, etc..but I'll still play it. Even with those cheaters who use modded controllers and the Variable rifle. I don't care.

I don't see how after over 5 years of development, they didn't have a team working on the TLOU2 multiplayer the whole time. I can only hope that after the amount of backlash they are getting and the # of pre-orders that are cancelling due to this news,  that they eventually add it down the road or maybe on the PS5 version of the game.

This news just killed my excitement for this game. I know the single player story will be worth every penny, but the longevity of the game is due to it's multiplayer.

+1 Agree 100%

I didn't love the first game as much as most people do...I'm an Uncharted guy, so I always felt the first game was a bit overrated. But I can't deny that this game looks good. That Naughty Dog quality is truly unmatched.

Not a game I'll pre-order though...I'll get it in a sale eventually.

Edited by Viper

20 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

I know it's not the majority opinion, but i'm extremely happy with the no MP thing.

As a trophy hunter, I couldn't be happier with this. I am not a MP guy, and a lot of my games are left with MP trophies uncompleted.

• Like 2

So even though they announced no multiplayer, my buddy (Orochijackson) uncovered that Naughty Dog is indeed hiring programmers for Multiplayer Gameplay for the Last of Us part 2. Job listings are going up. Just search Naughty Dog job listings and you'll see they put up listings over a month ago and as recent as 9 days ago. "MULTIPLAYER GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER (GAME TEAM) FOR THE LAST OF US PART II. NAUGHTY DOG SANTA MONICA, CA FULL-TIME"

So have faith my friends. My guess is that multiplayer won't be included on the PS4 version but will probably be added on the PS5 version. That way the fan bases won't be split on the PS4 and PS5. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I am not a MP guy. Outside of Rocket League and some casual play here and there I usually try to avoid MP at all costs. However, the MP from TLoU was imo THE BEST MP I have ever played in any game, ever. Therefore I am disappointed that there will be no MP in Part II. Trophies be damned, the gameplay was so good in the MP portion that it could of had unobtainable trophies and I would have still gladly played it. Such a shame that from the looks of things we won't be getting that back for the sequel. I don't know if it's something they might think about adding further down the line. We've seen MP modes added post launch a few times now so it's not unthinkable, and I hope they do but it doesn't look likely, mainly because MP in those games were already being worked on and there is no evidence of that here. I'm not sure why they opted against it, if I were to guess I would say it came down to time constraints and choosing to focus on giving the SP extra polish. This news while disappointing, doesn't lessen my excitement for the game. I have already ordered the collectors edition which looks great and I'm positive that this will be another ND masterpiece with or without MP. RDR2 holds the mantle as the very best game of this generation imo but this is the one game, probably the only game, that will challenge that and I can't wait for February to come around.

7 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png best joke in a long time

Except it’s also true, there’s no way, an open world game could never beat the focus of a linear single player story like Last of Us Part 2.

38 minutes ago, trojbrown40 said:

So even though they announced no multiplayer, my buddy (Orochijackson) uncovered that Naughty Dog is indeed hiring programmers for Multiplayer Gameplay for the Last of Us part 2. Job listings are going up. Just search Naughty Dog job listings and you'll see they put up listings over a month ago and as recent as 9 days ago. "MULTIPLAYER GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER (GAME TEAM) FOR THE LAST OF US PART II. NAUGHTY DOG SANTA MONICA, CA FULL-TIME"

So have faith my friends. My guess is that multiplayer won't be included on the PS4 version but will probably be added on the PS5 version. That way the fan bases won't be split on the PS4 and PS5. Fingers crossed.

Hope they take it out entirely.

• Like 1