The Last of Us Part II – June 19, 2020

Ghost

Just now, Carol said:

Where’s Joel? He’s my hero. :(

THEY LITERALLY REFERENCED HIM IN THE FOOTAGE.

Looks great! Aside from the lesbo stuff (inevitable I know), the gameplay is looking sharp. Enemies are much smarter, stealth is more centralized, and melee attacks are more cinematic. It goes without saying the graphics are astonishing too.

I'm also so glad Joel's still alive! That new character Jesse referenced him when talking to Ellie. I swear if they killed off Joel before the game even started I would've been throwin' hands, but anyway I'm psyched to go on yet another emotional roller coaster. TLOU1 is my favorite game of all time (tied with UC4). The only thing I'm pissed about is no release date >.<

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

THEY LITERALLY REFERENCED HIM IN THE FOOTAGE.

I have no doubt he’s alive, but, apparently, he won’t be much part of the gameplay. This (and the previous trailer) shows me the game will now be more about Ellie, but my favorite character is Joel. That’s why I’m sad. He, probably, won’t be appearing much.

Also, no need for yelling. Why are you always so aggressive?

I loved playing as Joel too in the first game, but at least we got a taste then of playing as Ellie.  She was small and squishy, but I liked the use of the bow.  Now she's like Joel, tougher, but still has the bow, so I'm cool with that.  I would like to know a bit more about why Joel is so MIA though.  Walking dead did this, play as Lee in the first game, then as Clem in the second (and then some random in the 3rd game that no one cared about, hopefully ND doesn't make that mistake).  I'm excited to see what adult Ellie brings to the table.  I just hope Joel isn't an afterthought and is actually important to the plot.

31 minutes ago, Carol said:

I have no doubt he’s alive, but, apparently, he won’t be much part of the gameplay. This (and the previous trailer) shows me the game will now be more about Ellie, but my favorite character is Joel. That’s why I’m sad. He, probably, won’t be appearing much.

Also, no need for yelling. Why are you always so aggressive?

"Always so aggressive?" What do you constantly monitor my posts? Sheesh

I mean yeah in terms of gameplay you'll be playing as Ellie but that's not to say he won't assist you like Ellie did for Joel in the first game. Believe he's my favorite character too but I'm sure he'll be playing a strong role. He is Ellie's father figure after all.

Dont forget Joel will be getting on in age now, he was quite old in the first game, he might just not have the legs for it anymore. I reckon it'll just be random appearances here and there. Cant wait for this, looks superb. Just give us a release date Mr Druckman.

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

"Always so aggressive?" What do you constantly monitor my posts? Sheesh

I mean yeah in terms of gameplay you'll be playing as Ellie but that's not to say he won't assist you like Ellie did for Joel in the first game. Believe he's my favorite character too but I'm sure he'll be playing a strong role. He is Ellie's father figure after all.

What?! “Monitor” your posts? I just follow the forums!

About Joel “playing a strong role”, that can be your opinion, but that’s definitely not evident from what ND showed us from the game until now. But of course he will be there. At this point, there’s no “The Last of Us” without “Joel and Ellie”.

Edited by Carol
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Dont forget Joel will be getting on in age now, he was quite old in the first game, he might just not have the legs for it anymore. I reckon it'll just be random appearances here and there. Cant wait for this, looks superb. Just give us a release date Mr Druckman.

Yeah, early 50's. I think we'll be able to use him but there will be more focus on Ellie.

I didn't even need to see the game. I'm buying it day 1 and playing it at midnight. 

My guess (which is probably guessed by everyone) is the people Ellie was fighting killed her girlfriend. Ellie is wearing her bracelet when she is fighting them. 

Edited by Lilseb93

I have so many games to play currently and a bunch more coming out this year to get, But after watching this gameplay over and over I can't get hyped for anything else because honestly I never have seen a game truly flawless until now. The details in the gameplay of TLOU part 2 is astounding. I don't know how I'm going to make it till whenever it releases lol

Edited by rolltideroll157

4 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Did you not here what Jesse said? He referenced Joel so he's still alive.

We don't know where that "party" takes place in the timeline in the game though. If i showed you a random trailer of TLoU you can't really tell what happens to Tess based on it.

I just caught up on Sony's show, and wow, I am stunned by all the subtle character animations and in-game mechanics during actual game-play. Absolutely fucking gorgeous.

A beautiful and engaging story-driven narrative. I'm sold.

And for the record, I tend to dislike anything undead related but TLoU has always managed to stand out amongst the crowd.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

I am really curious how some of the new mechanics will actual work during the whole game, for example taking someone as a human shield, people checking out possible hiding places, close combat moves etc.

Of course they try to show the gameplay in a cinematic way and I am fine by that, but I hope it is not all smoke and mirrors. Other than that I am really excited, will be definitely Day One purchase + Full Isolation Mode during that time. :) 

I am a little bit creaped out after watching this trailer. I loved part I (yeah, really), but could not bring me into playing the game multiple times because I'm really NOT into horror games and there were many passages in Part 1 I didn't want to get trough again (yeah, I am  .... sensible ?). And this trailer of TLoU Part II is the pure definiton of a horror game (let alone the violence, it's very brutal). I think I could manage one playthrough if I gather up all my strength before starting the game ?. Just to follow the story, because the story of Part 1 was really great.

13 minutes ago, Petra_Lustig said:

I am a little bit creaped out after watching this trailer. I loved part I (yeah, really), but could not bring me into playing the game multiple times because I'm really NOT into horror games and there were many passages in Part 1 I didn't want to get trough again (yeah, I am  .... sensible 1f630.png). And this trailer of TLoU Part II is the pure definiton of a horror game (let alone the violence, it's very brutal). I think I could manage one playthrough if I gather up all my strength before starting the game 1f628.png. Just to follow the story, because the story of Part 1 was really great.

Lol go play resident evil 7, that's the definition of an actual horror game.

11 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

Lol go play resident evil 7, that's the definition of an actual horror game.

Nah, I don't think RE 7 would fit my taste. It's .... ehm.. just a tiny little bit to scary. ...  I won't play that game. Thank you ?

Edited by Petra_Lustig

22 minutes ago, Petra_Lustig said:

Nah, I don't think RE 7 would fit my taste. It's .... ehm.. just a tiny little bit to scary. ...  I won't play that game. Thank you 1f605.png

Dont worry, i'm scared of that game aswell, ?. 

But i dont think this at the MOMENT looks scary :p. Then again clickers

It’s been well known for many months now that The Last of Us 2 will take place in Washington State, as many eagle-eyed gamers have pointed out street signs and locations from the first trailer that are found in the greater Seattle area.

When asked if the game will only take place in Washington, three developers gave a definitive “No,” one Naughty Dog insider adding, “Well, Washington State is basically Canada,” and proceeded to wink.

Ellie will be able to craft ammunition in this sequel. Most importantly, she’ll have an enhanced moveset thanks to the jump, prone, and dodge buttons. She can also squeeze in tight spaces, which can be useful for flanking enemies.

The AI has also been enhanced. In the first game, it was kind of telepathic in terms of its awareness of the player character, but now there’s a propagation effect where groups of NPCs communicate with each other (by whistling, for example). Still, if a group will be further away they might not become aware of the player. There will be new Infected classes, and they’re still very much a threat alongside the enemy human factions such as the Seraphites (the religious group from the Paris Games Week footage).

@renatabls - The demo takes place in Jackson, where the first game ended. Ellie contributes to the safekeeping of the community there. Game Director Neil Druckmann confirmed that Joel, cited in the trailer as her ‘old man’, is “somewhere out there” in Jackson.

Edited by Ghost