Black Ops III Free for PlayStation Plus June

13 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Well, this is new. I didn't knew mid-month ps+ releases were a thing. Does something like this happen more often? my guess is no, but just asking anyway.

It's not a thing but more because of E3, I guess they want people to get hyped for the next one. Maybe CoD is dying afterall...

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

This was the most random part of the conference. Why is this a thing? :P Everyone who's into this series already has the game. It would have been way cooler if they gave us a critically acclaimed indie game instead. Hell, pretty much anything that's not Call of Duty...

I haven't bought a call of duty since World at War in 2008 or 2009... will I play call of duty black ops III if it's free? Maybe, would rather have a critically acclaimed indie game instead as you pointed out ?

33 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

This was the most random part of the conference. Why is this a thing? :P Everyone who's into this series already has the game. It would have been way cooler if they gave us a critically acclaimed indie game instead. Hell, pretty much anything that's not Call of Duty...

Of course all the COD fans already have the game, I think the idea is they are trying to get more people who have dropped from the series back into it. I personally haven't played a COD game since BO2, so I doubt ill say no to a free game. Whether this will make me interested in picking up BO4 is another story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gamesfourever said:

Well, this is new. I didn't knew mid-month ps+ releases were a thing. Does something like this happen more often? my guess is no, but just asking anyway.

If I recall correct, Star Wars: Battlefront 1 was offered last year (This month, I think.) to newcomers to PS+ in certain regions and it wasn't a monthly line-up game. 

This is great for me. The Black Ops games are the only ones in the series that I actually like, but this one came out when I didn't have a ps4 yet. I always figured I'd grab it on sale sometime, glad I waited lol.

Got it all downloaded and ready to go.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

It's not a thing but more because of E3, I guess they want people to get hyped for the next one. Maybe CoD is dying afterall...

If that is the new direction that Activision marketing is taking, it's fine by me. I would have no problem waiting for the hype train for BO5 to get the upcoming BO4 for free :P