Ghost of Tsushima - July 17, 2020

Ghost

I am ALL ABOUT three things

1. Open worlds with "checklists" 

2. Traditional Chinese & Japanese stuff (esp. music, costumes, architecture)

3. Easily doable platinums

so Ghost of Tsushima is absolutely a must-buy for me. I'm a little apprehensive about the reviews mentioning mediocre story/writing and stealth, but I can live with it.

The real question is... do I buy and play this now, on my launch PS4, or do I wait until I have a PS5 ?!?!!?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Now, life can end very fast.

Lol that's dark

Well, maybe I should jump start my plans to buy a 4K HDR screen, so at least the colours will look better. (I'm still using a 10+ years old 1080p monitor..)

• Like 3

Yeah the trophy list seems pretty much in line with other PS4 exclusives like HZD, Spidey, Days Gone, GOW, etc. I think it's smart on Sony's part to do that because it makes it more consumer friendly which is not a bad thing. All that really matters is that the game is going to awesome and fun as hell to platinum 

• Like 2

Website Twinfinite did their best to measure the map and came up with a rough estimate as to how large it is in comparison to other games in the genre.

measurementislands.jpg?resize=1536,864&ssl=1

As you can see in the above image, we measured the length and distance of both islands at their widest points to turn them into rectangles that roughly represent their total area. Then it is just a case of multiplying the two values to get an area squared calculation.

• North Island – 7.5 x 2.5 = 18.75km2
  • South Island – 4.6 x 2.1 = 9.87km2

Therefore, Tsushima’s total square area is roughly 28.62km2 or 11.02mi²

So how does this compare with other open-world games from this console generation? Well, here are some other maps we’ve measured in the past. For a full list, check out our top 25 largest open-world maps article (soon to be updated).

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 28.9 mile²
  • The Witcher 3 (Including Toussaint) – 20.8 mile²
  • Ghost of Tsushima – 11.02 mile²
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance 6.1 mile²
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man – 4.62 mile²

• Like 1