Resident Evil 2 Remake Main Discussion

Aranea Highwind

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the new look. It's Chris from Resident Evil 7 all over again...

Just because you dont like, doesnt mean other people do.

Expecting the same thing over and over again will only end up in disappointment.

Also oh capcom! It wouldnt have been a capcom if there werent any costumes dlc ?

6 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

Just because you dont like, doesnt mean other people do.

Did I ever say anything about other people not liking it? I was expressing my opinion on the game.

6 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

Expecting the same thing over and over again will only end up in disappointment.

I wasn't expecting "the same thing over and over again", I was expecting a remake. You know, like the one they did for the first Resident Evil. I wonder what gave me that idea. :hmm:

Image result for resident evil 2 remake announcement

Notice how they've dropped "remake" from the title now. Besides, if anything, the third person action games are much more tired and samey than the fixed camera angles of classic Resident Evil.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Did I ever say anything about other people not liking it? I was expressing my opinion on the game.

I wasn't expecting "the same thing over and over again", I was expecting a remake. You know, like the one they did for the first Resident Evil. I wonder what game me that idea. :hmm:

Image result for resident evil 2 remake announcement

Notice how they've dropped "remake" from the title now. Besides, if anything, the third person action games are much more tired and samey than the fixed camera angles of classic Resident Evil.

It's still a remake, or reimagination or whatever you feel like calling it. I feel like the first resident evil remake was a failure in my opinion, instead of trying to do it differently they went for the easier route and polished the graphics and made some QoL changes. Everyone has their own taste, so far from what i have seen it looks good. But it wouldnt be capcom if something werent fishy in the game, lol

1 hour ago, The High Ground said:

I can't really tell, is this first person or third? (It's the same engine as resident evil 7 is why I am asking) I loved 7 so I would be fine either way :) 

Third. Confirmed via PS Blog post.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/11/resident-evil-2-remake-comes-to-playstation-4-january-25-2019/

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

It's still a remake, or reimagination or whatever you feel like calling it.

Those are two very different things. Shadow of the Colossus for PS4 is a remake - it keeps the original game largely intact with updates to graphics and gameplay. Ratchet & Clank for PS4 on the other hand is a reimagining and is loosely based on the original, but made drastic changes to the point where it's a completely different game. I wanted the former for Resident Evil 2 since it's one of my all-time favourites, but now it looks more akin to something like Revelations 2 which was generic as fuck.

7 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

I feel like the first resident evil remake was a failure in my opinion, instead of trying to do it differently they went for the easier route and polished the graphics and made some QoL changes. Everyone has their own taste, so far from what i have seen it looks good. But it wouldnt be capcom if something werent fishy in the game, lol

A failure how? It sold very well on the PSN store when it was remastered, even setting records for both the PlayStation Store and Capcom. Most of the people who've been fans since the originals agree that it was remarkably well-done, including myself. It's my favourite game in the series as it both stays true to the original but surpasses it in many ways. I'd consider that a success. I wanted something similar for Resident Evil 2 but it looks like that dream is dead now.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

It feels like this is a 1st person & oh Leon and Claire really looks rejuvenated but imo the appearance of Leon & Claire from Resident Evil Degeneration is more suited! The new one's looks innocent & merciful or not really them! 

I don't know why people expected just a carbon copy with updated graphics.. But Yeahh, I personally love the look of this. Leon actually looks like a young rookie and Claire looks like a relatively generic gal. At this point they ain't heroes, just regular joes, it looks spot on IMO. Actually super hyped for this! (Although my wallet isn't) Loved the game back on ps1 and I'll always have that game to go back to and play, this feels fresh and different with all the nostalgia thrown in too. Bring it on! ?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MiamiNights89 said:

I don't know why people expected just a carbon copy with updated graphics..

You really don't know every people have different expectations & opinions.. Try to understand them sometimes!

I cannot expess my anticipation enough. It feels like I’ve been waiting for this remake all my life, I was brought to tears at the reveal. The Resident Evil 2 Remake was all I wanted from E3 ‘18, and Capcom delivered. Already preordered the digital deluxe edition, this is definitely my new most anticipated game!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ReverzerO said:

You really don't know every people have different expectations & opinions.. Try to understand them sometimes!

I get that, I just don't get why people ever expect carbon copies of games in remakes anymore. The fact the game said "remake" in the title initially and not "HD" or something like that kinda gives it away I find. Either way, this game will rock!

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

Guys Guys Guys Guys Guys Guys Guys Guys Guys Guys Guys
Who wants secret mode with Tofu and Hunk? :D
Bring it.

Quoting the description from one of the trailers below gives hope that this may be a thing. Also relieved to see the separate campaigns mentioned, the trailer had me concerned for a moment that Leon would be the only playable character.

The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely re-built from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. The nightmares return reimagined for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro on January 25, 2019.

In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?

• Like 2

I'll be honest. If this game wasn't shown tonight, I don't care if Sony gave us a 10/10 conference, I would have been disappointed. But we got it and I already pre-ordered it and put up my new shiny theme. I've been waiting for this game for a very long time. It looks like Capcom delivered from what I'm seeing. I'm a die hard RE fan. I have a ton of memories with RE2. 

Edited by Lilseb93

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the new look. It's Chris from Resident Evil 7 all over again...

Atleast you could tell its them. You wouldn't notice RE 7 guy is chris if he didn't mention his own name. I dig the look, plus they look younger and new to the horror experience (which they should be anyway)

• Like 1