Resident Evil 2 Remake Main Discussion

Aranea Highwind

3 hours ago, ddracarys said:

There hasn’t been any word on first person or fixed camera angle perspectives yet. This Resident Evil 2 Remake will natively run on the third person perspective, however. If you are familiar with Resident Evil 7’s inventory management and general UI / HUD, this remake will also utilize the same system.

The 1st video gave me the idea maybe there will be an option for 1st person gameplay & thought this is a 1st person gameplay 'till I saw those new embedded videos, it's all ok for me now",

• Like 1

2 hours ago, renatabls said:

The deluxe edition allows you to play with the original soundtrack, check the store.

Wow. Had to see it to believe it. Seems like something that should just be included as a standard feature, like in Secret of Mana remake.

Edited by communistwookiee

On 12-6-2018 at 5:18 AM, renatabls said:

Here is a clear image of Leon and Claire from the japanese site:

firstview_bg_end.jpg

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohazard2/

I think the look for Leon is pretty good. He's a rookie cop and is basically still a kid. I can see that face growing into the one we know from RE4.

9fa145941153c86169302b456abef417.jpg

Claire however is completely different. The only reason I recognized her at all in the trailer is because of the jacket. I still kind of like her design in this remake, but it's like she's a completely different character.

f55951527cd99abedab3b83ab9a0638e.jpg

Anyway, I'm very excited for the game. It was my introduction to the series and I've been a fan ever since. I'm hoping they keep the A/B scenario's, that was great. You could even play them the other way around and get a different viewpoint of events. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that at all since then.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2018 at 3:08 AM, XLordXNightmareX said:

From what I know, I saw that the gameplay has RE7-like mechanics if anyone has noticed

23 hours ago, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

Can't Wait!!

I thought I was the only one who noticed that lmao, looks really good though

The same game engine used in RE7 is being used in RE2 aswell

Still super hyped for this.  Definitely my highlight announcement of this years E3.  Been too lazy to get to Gamestop but I probably will this weekend just for the peace of mind of locking down my pre-order ASAP. ;)

Loved every screenshot and gameplay video they've put out so far.

Edited by Dreakon13

14 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I guess someone forgot to turn on the lights in RE2 2019's version of the police station.

It makes everything look pretty drab in my opinion.

I think the tank controls in the original RE2 were enough to keep things tense despite the lighting situation.  Since you're much more in control in RE2 2019, I'd gather keeping things darker is a way to adequately restrict the gamer, obscure vision, add tension.

Plus, it makes sense that the lights/power isn't always working, given the circumstances. xD  And keeping the lights off allows for more impactful lighting effects.  The reflections in the water on the ground, the light coming in through the window, the significance of the flashlight, etc.  It'd all be dulled out if the lights inside were on.  Looks great as it is IMO.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

Just hope we can turn off the indicators that we can open and pick up shit. I am not a retard so the game must tell me to push x every time i want to pick or open something.

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 1

Well just pre-ordered the deluxe edition and found the 223 day timer to be depressing lol such a long wait for something so great. Will also have to pick up the collectors edition when ever they release info on that.