Resident Evil 2 Remake Main Discussion

Aranea Highwind

7 hours ago, ddracarys said:

This Resident Evil 2 Remake will be available on January 25th, 2019. Preorders for both standard and deluxe editions are already live!

aight, imma get the game, I hope they just get rid of the fixed camera angles though in the final version.

• Like 1

I am buying physical version, just like other canon Resident Evil I have. This will be the second game I buy day one after Persona 5. Initially I hope it is fixed camera view but after watching gameplay trailer I think over the shoulder camera is the right choice considering how elaborate and pretty the graphic is. I want to take a look at every corner, ceilings and walls of Raccoon City buildings, which it is impossible to do if fixed camera angle is used.

Since E3 reveal, I have been looking at various resident evil related sites just to taste delicious salty comments from fixed camera angle purists. I am enjoying drinking their tears. Nyum nyum nyum ?

• Like 1

yes unfortunately they chose the OTS camera. you cannot get shots like this with OTS:

resident_evil_remake__spider_by_maggotsi

Nothing wrong with OTS but it is becoming overused and is oversaturating the market. Not sure if i mentioned it here but I am highly interested in Daymare 1998 and Crying is not Enough (both are OTS).

I am going to go into REImagining 2 thinking of it as a REvelations game, which i do enjoy playing.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

I am going to go into REImagining 2 thinking of it as a REvelations game, which i do enjoy playing.

This is what worries me. I thought the first Revelations game was fine but the second one bored me to death. It's like those games didn't know whether they wanted to be an action game or a horror game, so they went for some weird in-between thing. Say what you like about RE6, but at least that game embraced the action and it was actually quite fun to play with how over the top everything was. I really hope RE2 2019 doesn't fall into the same trap the Revelations games did.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

This is what worries me. I thought the first Revelations game was fine but the second one bored me to death. It's like those games didn't know whether they wanted to be an action game or a horror game, so they went for some weird in-between thing. Say what you like about RE6, but at least that game embraced the action and it was actually quite fun to play with how over the top everything was. I really hope RE2 2019 doesn't fall into the same trap the Revelations games did.

part of me wants it to fail and part wants it to succeed. Some people are now asking for the Original to be redone in OTS now as well. The problem is if every-game is the same there is no variety. I enjoyed RE6 when i played it thinking of it as just an action game but when i played it thinking it was a resident evil i could not stand it.

Just a heads up that Remake 2 will make use of dynamic difficulty scaling.

Dynamic difficulty scaling will find its way in Capcom’s upcoming Resident Evil 2 Remake.

For those unaware, dynamic difficulty scaling was secretly introduced in Resident Evil 4 and used in almost every game in the series since then. It makes the game either easier or more difficult based on player performance, all without the need to manually toggle the difficulty option. The Resident Evil series scales difficulty based on recorded player deaths, which means you can simply die over and over again to make zombie encounters less nerve-wracking.

In an interview with VG247, producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi said they have calibrated the dynamic difficulty scaling to ensure players always feel uneasy and unsafe through the whole game. “I’d like to believe that you were doing really well and so the difficulty ramped up even more,” said Hirabayashi. “But we have tuned it so that no matter how well you’re doing, there’s always going to be that sense of dread and tension there.”

Arguably, opinion is mixed regarding adaptive difficulty scaling in the gaming community. Some gamers simply want to find satisfaction in conquering a seemingly undefeatable foe without adaptive difficulty scaling kicking into gear. However, difficulty scaling also seems crucial for Capcom’s survival horror game, as you can easily run out resources and ammunition to defeat foes.

Proper utilization of resources also seem more important this times around because zombies are more aggressive and difficult to run past through. Additionally, Resident Evil 2 Remake will allow users to board up and block windows using their resources, which means those who neglect these zombie spawn points can accidentally make their game extremely difficult and nearly impossible to overcome.

“So, at one point I was talking to the director and I was like… ‘Hey, what’s going on here?! There’s tons of zombies coming through here.’ He actually laughed at me. He said, ‘You should’ve been careful, you should’ve gone this route, you should’ve boarded windows up…’ So yeah, things you do earlier like with the windows does have a heavy impact on what you might encounter later on.”

https://twinfinite.net/2018/06/resident-evil-2-remake-difficulty/

• Like 3

This video does a really good job of explaining how a dynamic scaling difficulty can be both good and bad, and how you also shouldn't publicize the fact that you have one.

As far as how it will apply to RE2 Remake, I'll have to wait and see to actually judge.

Edited by communistwookiee

3 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Dynamic difficulty scaling will find its way in Capcom’s upcoming Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Assuming this will be anything like Resident Evil 4's dynamic difficulty scaling, I doubt this will be anything major, or even noticeable. I am, however, definitely surprised that Capcom actually spoke out on this matter, after keeping it a secret in the series for so long.

• Like 1

It was obvious for me at some point, but I always thought it's coincidental and luck based, when after some tries you do overcome encounter like it's nothing. Only hope this system never worked on higher difficulties, 'cause only seems situate able for first vanilla walkthrough.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:46 PM, Bloodytears1666 said:

Wonder when they will drop beginning hour, hope it will be like with 7 - no spoilers standalone demo with own twists. 

We could play as Brad Vickers in the Re2 remake demo ? We all know what happened to him ? so Nemesis could make an appearance for a brief second or so.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

The results are in and Resident Evil 2 remake has won E3 2018 Best of Show. Honestly i was not expecting to see something like with all of the games that were presented during the conference.

Definitely the highlight of the entire event for me. Dunno about anyone else but I was not expecting it, thought the Remake was still years away. January can't come fast enough

• Like 1