Resident Evil 2 Remake Main Discussion

Aranea Highwind

resident evil 2 post-launch

To celebrate Resident Evil 2′s launch, the Capcom Channel held a special Launch Event livestream going over what people can expect from the reimagining. Most notably, it talked about two pieces of free content that will launch after the game is released. The first is a pair of costumes called Leon ’98 and Claire ’98, while the second is a new mode called The Ghost Survivors.

The Leon ’98 and Claire ’98 costumes are ones that will turn both characters into the polygonal versions of themselves that resemble their original appearances in the PlayStation game. These were announced at the 58 minute mark of the live stream. Initially, these will be offered as a bonus for buying specially marked PlayStation Store point cards in Japan, but the stream noted they will be free for everyone starting March 22, 2019.

resident evil 2 98 costumes

The second Resident Evil 2 addition is The Ghost Survivors. This is a new mode that sounds as though it may be episodic in nature and allow us to play as people we were never able to follow before. For example, the first episode will allow us to step into the shoes of Robert Kendo, the Raccoon City’s Kendo Gun Shop owner people might recall from the original game, and Katherine Warren, the daughter of Michael Warren, mayor of Raccoon City, who we originally only knew about from Chief Irons. This mode will apparently be randomized and have some kind of way to purchase items in-game with points people earn. However, details are currently slim and all that was shown during the stream was a logo. It was announced at about the  1:21:10 mark of the stream.

resident evil 2 the ghost survivors

http://www.siliconera.com/2019/01/22/resident-evil-2-post-launch-additions-include-the-ghost-survivors-and-98-classic-costumes/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 2

On 1/21/2019 at 1:36 PM, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

Does the deluxe edition come with the original save room theme as well?

" Resident Evil 2’s Deluxe Edition DLC will let players swap in the original game’s soundtrack for some PlayStation-era tunes. "

Im ready to playing with the original songs :D

It would be pretty sick to see the Resident Evil 4 Version of Leon as an unlockable costume. I have hoped for this since this games announcement. Since you could get the RE2 RPD Uniform Outfit in RE4, I think it would be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't have it be the other way around for the remake.

Edited by Oreo-_-Milkshake

RESIDENT EVIL 2 SPECIAL SOUNDTRACK / OST (25 Tracks) - COLLECTOR'S EDITION 2019

01. The Beginning
02. Raccoon City
03. R.P.D. Hall
04.The Beginning of Fear
05. Fear Again
06. The Book of Truth
07. Save Room
08. Strange Realm
09. Black Impact
10. Third Demise
11. Collapse
12. Last Judgment
13. Looming Dread
14. Consequence
15. Secret Hope
16. Absurd Advent
17. As One Desires
18. Cerberus
19. The Straight and Winding
20. Conflagration
21. Reliving the Present
22. Center of Desire
23. Expansion
24. Mournful Pursuit
25. Credits

Edited by ziggypossum
UPD

Is the game already out? I already see people with trophies. I thought the game comes out on the 25th, tomorrow. 

On 1/14/2019 at 10:52 PM, Dreakon13 said:

I'm tempted to bump up my preorder to the deluxe edition for the extras... but I actually prefer how the standard edition art looks versus the deluxe. xD  Yeah, I care about that sort of thing.

Any idea of the deluxe edition extras will be available to purchase separately?

probably, I know with valkyria chronicles 4 and L.A. Noire had dlc that came with pre orders, which later became purchasable/downloadable post release. 

41 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Is the game already out? I already see people with trophies. I thought the game comes out on the 25th, tomorrow. 

probably, I know with valkyria chronicles 4 and L.A. Noire had dlc that came with pre orders, which later became purchasable/downloadable post release. 

I got it a day early for some reason, didn't question it just playing it.