Resident Evil 2 Remake Main Discussion

Aranea Highwind

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Notice how they've dropped "remake" from the title now. Besides, if anything, the third person action games are much more tired and samey than the fixed camera angles of classic Resident Evil.

Just a small correction there but the game has not dropped the "remake" thing completely from the title. Capcom is doing the same stuff they did with Resident Evil VII by having certain letters on a different color. On this case "RE" which stands for Remake.

muiIKW7.jpg

The game is know as Biohazard RE: 2 Japan for obvious reasons.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohazard2/images/index/logo.png

8 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Notice how they've dropped "remake" from the title now.

They haven't dropped anything, they never really used it for the final product, it was just for the first announcement.

Resident Evil for GameCube wasn't named "Resident Evil Remake", but simply "Resident Evil".

EDIT: oh...

Edited by Lance_87

9 minutes ago, Mystical_Heaven said:

New combat system, new cam system with no more fixed points, new characters outfits. Basically this is Resident Evil 8 lol

Hope not, but it seems so anyway, do agree. Still want to see more FP mode in next game.

Whole thing looks like at some point someone from general development came to team that worked on REmake 2 in classic way, and told them: Why waste your time if we have new engine, take it and able yourself.

Edited by Bloodytears1666
  • Like 1

One of the greatest showcases at this E3. Totally unexpected by me. After seeing the trailers and the gameplay videos above, I think the game is shaping up to be quite nice. Take in mind though, that I never truly played most of the classic RE games. The only classic formula REs I have played are Code Veronica on the Dreamcast and Zero on the Gamecube and I thought both games were pretty cool for their time, especially Code Veronica. ;)

Having said that, I'm not anxiously awaiting this game. My wife, however, loves all of the classic RE games, 2 and 3 being her absolute favorites. I think this remake is going be extremely useful in getting her excited to get a PS4 at some point during this year. For that, I've to say thanks to Capcom. ^_^

• Like 1

I watched the gameplay & that's it nice one capcom",

So we can switch between 1st & 3rd just like sao: hollow realization?! Whatever as long as there is 3rd", 

About the player on the demo, c'mon kill the zombie while rising & never let them do even a single step lol

Sorry I was just carried on his/her gameplay",

1 hour ago, ReverzerO said:

I watched the gameplay & that's it nice one capcom",

So we can switch between 1st & 3rd just like sao: hollow realization?! Whatever as long as there is 3rd", 

About the player on the demo, c'mon kill the zombie while rising & never let them do even a single step lol

Sorry I was just carried on his/her gameplay",

There hasn’t been any word on first person or fixed camera angle perspectives yet. This Resident Evil 2 Remake will natively run on the third person perspective, however. If you are familiar with Resident Evil 7’s inventory management and general UI / HUD, this remake will also utilize the same system.

1 hour ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

i watched the gameplay video and the guy said something along the lines of "It's a NEW game based on Resident Evil 2"

It’s obvious that this remake has been handled differently than how remakes are usually handled, which is why I understand the negative response toward the project. I think the message there which was attempted to be conveyed is the fact that, Capcom took Resident Evil 2, and reconstructed it entirely. This is still Resident Evil 2, and still a remake (hence “REmake 2”, as pointed out within this thread earlier), but all of these new features supported the core concept to deliver an additional powerful (and viable) modernisation of Resident Evil 2.

this is not a remake any longer it has become a re-imagining, which even capcom stated in the description. looking for the info again when i find it i will post a link. i watched the gameplay footage and they kept talking about "feeling nostalgic" my thoughts were maybe for RE4-6. I honestly expected them to cater to the shooter crowd so i am not as disappointed as people might think. Just means I will either gamefly or pass, currently undecided.

From Capcom’s press release:

Based on the original genre-defining masterpiece, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. Resident Evil 2 brings its reimagined brand of horror to the PlayStation 4, the Xbox One and the Xbox One X and Windows PC on January 25, 2019.

https://www.pophorror.com/e3-2018-resident-evil-2-remake-trailer-announcement/

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

I think they did a great job of modernizing RE2 but also keeping its atmosphere and thrills. Even in an over the shoulder perspective, it still looks and feels like the original game. I just hope there is more music when it's ready to release. I hope to hear at least the main hall theme. 

Edited by Lilseb93

14 minutes ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

Common Capcom. You did a great job, but it just ain't the same without the original soundtrack.

The deluxe edition allows you to play with the original soundtrack, check the store.

• Like 1