E3 2018: Death Stranding Gameplay Trailer

Ghost

That was an interesting trailer. Not a lot of gameplay footage, nor do we know exactly how it plays like, but I do like the concept and the atmosphere around the game as a whole. I hope the game is more linear like the older MGS games and doesn't have a massive world with a bunch of tedious side missions (I'm looking at you MGSV). Well, Kojima, you have my curiosity, now let's see if you can grab my attention. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Looks like a walking simulator :lol:

Seriously don't know what people see in Kojima and the more I see of this game the more I think he's way way way overrated. Just likes to keep people guessing with pretty much nothing to show.

When done well, walking simulators can be entertaining. I think this will have more than that, though. :P

Like everyone else not in the know, though, I'm still confused as to what this game is.

I'm actually shocked we learned more about the game this year. I thought it would just be another vague trailer with no gameplay but I'm glad there's some gameplay in there, even if it's just a slight idea of what your character is and what they do which seems to be some kind of high-tech delivery guy that delivers... babies? :P

I was hyped when I noticed Lea Seydoux. I'm still confused - but I'm thinking it has something to do with time travel or accelerated aging?? At this point I feel like I'm grasping at thin air but tbh, that's all we've gotten to go off. 

Still hype af tho.

Pretty indifferent to this.  I appreciated the tone of this trailer and the acting was great, even Reedus who I like but doesn't seem to have a ton of range as an actor... seems like the game could end up having a really interesting story.  I get this feeling the gameplay will annoy me though, if that "stealth" section in the trailer was actual gameplay.

Edited by Dreakon13

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Somebody doesn't understand what a walking simulator actually is...

"A walking simulator is a type of video game which lacks many of the traditional aspects of a game (such as a goal, win/loss conditions, any kind of game system to interact with) despite taking the form of a video game. The phrase implies that there is basically nothing to do in the game other than walking around."

That was like a full 2 minutes of the vid which parts of it looked like the actual gameplay. Rest is just cutscenes. And the end which is still just walking.

Also it was only a joke, but whatevs.

• Like 1

Just now, DizzyDavidson said:

"A walking simulator is a type of video game which lacks many of the traditional aspects of a game (such as a goal, win/loss conditions, any kind of game system to interact with) despite taking the form of a video game. The phrase implies that there is basically nothing to do in the game other than walking around."

Thanks for proving my point - he does more than just walk around. There is clearly some sort of stealth mechanic in the game and Kojima has confirmed it has combat in a previous interview. Maybe actually it a chance instead of hating on the game just for the sake of it. You don't like Kojima, we get it.

• Like 3

Well kojima has done it again, instead of providing us with answers he has given us more questions.

From what i have noticed you will be carrying your guns in cases up untill you need them, and you need to sneak at certain moments? God, Kojima. People will never fully understand his games untill you can actually play them. Wich is a good thing, in my opinion. None the less hyped af for this!

2 hours ago, Meachamp- said:

Norman Reedus the delivery boy vs too many Psycho Mantis'

I thought about that too. Maybe he and Lea Seydoux character are geneticaly engenired "fake" humans transporting "real" baby humans somewhere.... Threatened by some sort of Alien force.....? that is what I was thinking when I saw the "fragile" written in Lea's back. Like they are all carrying something "fragile" and very important.

Well those are my personnal readings from the trailer. Hard to tell the truth. ^_^ Let's wait and see.

41 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Thanks for proving my point - he does more than just walk around. There is clearly some sort of stealth mechanic in the game and Kojima has confirmed it has combat in a previous interview. Maybe actually it a chance instead of hating on the game just for the sake of it. You don't like Kojima, we get it.

When it comes to stealth in Kojima i trust. Wanna hear something curious? Some indie devs from my country(Brazil) hate Kojima. Jeaolus i guess..:S

2 hours ago, wackt1 said:

im still confused

All of us my friend. :giggle:

4 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

I thought about that too. Maybe he and Lea Seydoux character are geneticaly engenired "fake" humans transporting "real" baby humans somewhere.... Threatened by some sort of Alien force.....? that is what I was thinking when I saw the "fragile" written in Lea's back. Like they are all carrying something "fragile" and very important.

That actually makes a lot of sense. For the rest the game is raising more questions then answers. Bet it's going to be an amazing game in the end anyways

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Thanks for proving my point

Let's just agree to disagree on that. This topic is about the trailer which didn't show anything else about gameplay other than that.

Also like I said it was a joke which you don't seem to get.

37 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Maybe actually it a chance instead of hating on the game just for the sake of it. You don't like Kojima, we get it.

Actually I have multiple MGS collections with all games so clearly I hate the guy (that's sarcasm btw). And I'm not hating on the game just hate it when people use cheap tactics, I see through that so I make fun of it, that's not hate on the game.

Look, I'm just gonna drop this cause clearly you don't know much about me throwing those accusations around and this nonsense ain't worth it to me.

• Like 1