Nioh 2

Aranea Highwind

This was a big letdown for me. Not because its something bad about the game. But as the trailer started. I saw Ninja and sword dueling. I was like. Ryu is it him. And this is a new Ninja gaiden, oh please god say it is. But nope..... :(

Edited by DPatriot
  • Like 1

This was really a surprise since it's not been so long since the first one came out!

Still a nice surprise, gotta get around the First one but anyway we have to wait 1 year or more from the release of this one for a complete edition so really no Hurry for me.

This was a cool surprise at the conference but it'd have been better if they actually showed a little more of the game in the trailer.

The first one looks pretty cool from what I've seen so it is nice that it is getting a sequel.

I can't believe we're getting 3 awesome Japanese samurai/ninja games within a year. Nioh 2, Ghosts, and Sekiro. I'm definitely hyped for Nioh 2, have platinum in first one, but more hyped for Sekiro because its Fromsofts game. Definitely getting all 3 of them though. Was not expecting a sequel so damn soon.

New info.

Game Director Fumihiko Yasuda explained that the goal of developing NiOh 2 is to create a proper natural evolution from the first game. It isn’t a dramatic change. While the team was very happy with how the first game did, there were things that they couldn’t accomplish. They want to improve on the strong points and correct the weaknesses of NiOh.

In particular, Team Ninja is known for creating great action games, but NiOh was an action-RPG, so some of the game balancing of the RPG side wasn’t perfect, and Yasuda-san wants to improve on that.

The story of the new game ties with the first title. How it does will be explained in the future. Players that didn’t play the first game will still be able to enjoy the second, but those who did play the original will enjoy the new one even more.

One of the biggest requests from fans of the first game was to have a character creator. That’s why it’ll be possible to create and customize your character in NiOh 2 including gender and race. The new protagonist posseses the power of Youkai, and this will bring the action system to the next level.

Yasuda-san would like to make deaths more satisfying for the player, and we learn that a free demo will be released as it was done with the original NiOh in order to gather feedback from the player base.

In conclusion, we har that NiOh was Team Ninja’s first time getting into the genre, so they were a little cautious. With the experience they gained, they’re going to “go in hard.” The “gloves are off.” They promise that the experience is going to be close to what they really had in mind from the beginning.

https://www.dualshockers.com/nioh-2-character-creator/

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Nioh 2 will be present at TGS 2019. Here's an update on the tittle:

Nioh-2-Key-Art_08-22-19.jpg

Team Ninja creative director Tom Lee has revealed the key artwork and new screenshots of Nioh 2 in a post on the PlayStation Blog (2), as well as confirmed plans to exhibit the game at Tokyo Game Show 2019, which will run from September 12 to 15 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan.

Here is the full update:

Hey folks! It’s Tom from Team Ninja to give you a quick update on Nioh 2. To kick things off, I’d like to share with you the latest key visual showcasing our new protagonist. As you may have been able to detect from the visual, our central character is a half-breed. He is part human as well as possessing the extraordinary power of the Yokai. As a samurai warrior, his journey takes us through the treacherous Sengoku period of Japan. And his transformation from human to fiend will take him deep into the Dark Realm of the Yokai. I promise you that this metamorphosis will be spectacular and result in some truly intense action.

I also wanted to thank you and briefly let you know that we had a really productive alpha demo session back in May / June of this year. Over 50,000 players took part in this closed demo worldwide and nearly 18,000 participants responded to our survey afterwards! The overwhelming majority of opinions were very positive and supportive of the demo as we received tons of comments and constructive feedback for us to analyze. And since then, we have been hard at work to process all of that data and make the necessary adjustments to create an even more exceptional experience. Thanks again to everyone who participated in the alpha demo survey. We can’t wait to share the progress with you guys!

Speaking of which, we will be showing off a brand new consumer demo at the Tokyo Game Show 2019 in September. I can’t really disclose the specifics at this point, but more details will definitely be coming down the pipe soon. So stay tuned Yokai hunters! And prepare to unleash your darkness as Nioh 2 is on the horizon!

—Nure-onna. A yokai that preys on those who come in contact with the beam from her eyes, rendering the victim paralyzed.

Nioh 2

—Enenra. A massive yokai of flame who instills fear in even the bravest.

Nioh 2

—Our hero will be venturing into the realm of yokai, a place that impairs the player in human form but enhances his power when transformed into yokai.

Nioh 2

—The hatches not only excel in close-quarter combat but can also be used as a projectile weapon.

Nioh 2

—In Nioh 2, players now possess the ability to transform into Yokai known as Yokai Shift which brings out the terrifying power residing in our hero.

Nioh 2

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/nioh-2-key-artwork-screenshots

• Like 1

Can't wait for more news, absolutely gonna get this one! I'm playing Nioh 1 now and absolutely Loving it :wub:

Interesting new Weapon the Hatches, hope they are actually good; And i Hope the Yokai Form doesn't make like Boss Fights super easy but it helps with them of course, like Living weapon Now compared to the beginning when i read they were pretty OP. 

• Like 1

This game... Nioh gotta be one of my favorite games on the PS4, Nioh 2 can't be released soon enough! :) 

I'm happy to hear that a new demo is gonna be shown next month, but I think I'll try to stay as spoiler-free as possible and just wait for the game to come out. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...