Nioh 2

Aranea Highwind

• 2 weeks later...

I played the Last Chance trial for this game and I really like the Burst Counter mechanic and Yokai Shift/Realm. The boss was also pretty fun, definitely got Sekiro vibes whenever I pulled off Burst Counters perfectly. Although weirdly enough I still feel pretty burned out from the first game. The first game had a ton of repetition with side quests and this game is probably gonna be the same. I might wait for a complete edition and get it on sale. If this game is literally gonna be like Nioh 1 in terms of how it handles missions then it's probably going to be just as exhausting to play - not because its difficult, but because of it's repetitiveness. I guess we'll find out.

Edited by PostGameBlues

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Left a comment below their blog post asking for NOT adding a trophy for finishing a new difficulty setting again.... Maybe some of you can as well, so we don't have to finish the whole game again for a single trophy like we had to in Nioh 1. Seriously, who wants that?

I can only speak for myself, but actually having to play WotD for that trophy actually made me like the game even more, as it made me realize that the mechanics and synergies are way deeper than you are forced to notice during a normal playthrough. So, to answer your question... me..? ?

As for the new missions... I'm still playing through Nioh 2, but I'm already looking forward to those! Probably needed for the plat I'd guess, as was the case with those added with patch 1.06 back in Nioh ?

Edit: Nope, they actually are not required, as stated in the patch notes... gonna play them regardless! ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Arcesius said:

So, to answer your question... me..? 1f605.png

Absolutely nothing stops you from doing that if they just don't add a trophy for it, just saying.

I was ok with the trophy at first, but their "balancing" patches made me hate it and I don't want to waste my time again on grinding for a build good for way of the demon just for them to destroy it with a patch later.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Absolutely nothing stops you from doing that if they just don't add a trophy for it, just saying.

Oh for sure! But it would be even better to get a trophy for it, only saying that I won't ask for it to not be added... ?

35 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I was ok with the trophy at first, but their "balancing" patches made me hate it and I don't want to waste my time again on grinding for a build good for way of the demon just for them to destroy it with a patch later.

I personally didn't experience any nerfs on my builds, but I can imagine that being frustrating. It's a shame that you ended up hating the game though. 

On 15.5.2020 at 9:52 PM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

To be honest it goes the other way as well. Trophies are just time consumption for mostly meaningless tasks that then reward you with a pling sound effect and digital nonsense that will mean literally nothing one day anyway. There's absolutely no reason to go for trophies that you don't want to go for (and in this case, won't even contribute towards platinum trophy). Yeah, it's 1% off the perfect 100% but ultimately, so what?

i just saw that this game is on sale right now, in the EU store anyway, for those interested

im tempted to get it but then id risk fatiguing myself, having played the original so much a little while ago

also im not trying to sound like a jerk but no one is forcing anyone to get trophies

Edited by ifyucantbeatmeXD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...