Missing: Final Fantasy VII Remake

So ... that's it, huh? Nothing about it?

I mean, yeah, they've kinda restarted production - but NOTHING? Man.

It saddens me A LOT that except for a FF14 Update & a Brave Exvius event the title "Final Fantasy" hasn't even dropped once on E3 2018. Square Enix seems to be really going down after FF15.

Edited by triplejmzu8

16 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

They announced it waaaay too early. I'm kinda glad they didn't show anything because it's so far out. I don't want to see it at E3 every year for the next 10 years. Just go quiet for a while and make the damn game. :P

Agreed. SE’s worst habit. Try being like 40-50% into development, not 0%, before announcing a big project. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, triplejmzu8 said:

Square Enix seems to be really going down after FF15.

With the exception of remakes, the Final Fantasy franchise has been slack since XIII.

Wish they didn't reveal it so early. Like yeah, it's cool as hell, but it's pretty much going to end with people being disappointed at how long it's been delayed. Still not a fan of the episodic releases, but if it's a good remake that gives us the original stuff without too much editing, it won't be too bad.

I wasn't expecting it. Square Enix announced it too early. I can't fault Sony for that. Square Enix made me wait over a decade for Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3. I hope this isn't the case here. It's definitely a PS5 game unless SE comes out of nowhere with it. 

9 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

With the exception of remakes, the Final Fantasy franchise has been slack since XIII.

That's right. But it has always sold enough copies to keep going while FF15 made them be in financial straits.

7 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I could settle (for a while) with a FF8 remaster.But no news for that either

Yeaaa, I would love that. At least the way, FF9 was released lately... <3 

6 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

You know how long FFXV took?

Yes, I remember how long FF15 took and that it was halted once and later returned with a new team that turned into crap (imo) ... and that it was not worth the waiting. Just imagine, what XV/Versus XIII could have become if Nomura (Kingdom Hearts guy) wouldn't have left the director position after 2013... Let's hope that's not gonna be the case with FF7R because right now, he's still the director there.

Very very troubling it wasn't even mentioned.

At this rate it'll be a ps5 release. 

However, if they're doing this so that it's not episodic, that would be a huge win that I'd be in support of. Never was a fan of the episodic idea whatsoever 

5 minutes ago, fantrig99 said:

I'm guessing they are focusing on Kingdom Hearts 3 as a priority. When that's out they might reveal more about the game. One of the reveals I'm most excited about is the new Cloud's design. 

I thought this exactly before. A little annoyed no new news was said but fully expect it to come AFTER Kingdom Hearts 3.

Unlike FFXV, they cant half ass it and throw a incomplete game and make people buy DLCs later to fully enjoy the game. Or at least they shouldnt, because the general FF fanbase (mainly the VII) would be extremely pissed. I would prefer waiting and playing a really good game than receive a mediocre one early on.

• Like 1