Glitched trophies

visighost

Many of the trophies are glitched and don’t always pop (as you can see fron the list: there’s more people who beat the final boss than the previous ones...).

I closed the game and reloaded and it worked in each instance, the trophies popping corrctly when I redid whatever actions led to them.

I also met a bug where an item I had picked up had disappeared from my inventory. I thought I’d have to start a new game and clicked on the “trash save” button but it only brought me to the beginning of the room and allowed me to pick up the object again.

It’s really too bad, especially for the potentially game-breaking bugs, since I otherwise loved the game: great art and atmosphere, unique world, fun music... I’d still recommend picking it up if it comes on sale / it’s patched! There’s only 29 owners at the time of writing, which is a total shame!

• Like 2

Some trophies glitched for me too. Didn't get the worm boss trophy even though I finished the game. Replayed the chapter and killed him again and still no trophy. The "Nice To Poo You" and "Plumber Remains" also didn't work although I met the requirements. On the other hand I got "All Faces Of Death" before even finishing the game (which requires grandpa to choke) so the trophies are very finicky in this game.

The loading times are way too long for a game this small. Especially the ones for when you die in the last chapter. It literally takes 20 seconds for the game to reset the game-state to the last checkpoint. A few times the visuals froze while the music kept playing and I had to wait 5-10 seconds for it to unfreeze. Also it crashed once right after defeating the final boss so I had to redo all of that. Glitchy unoptimized game. I'm disappointed because the atmosphere and art design/style were super cool.

The whole thing is a wasted opportunity, really...

I tried contacting the devs but have not heard back.

If only there was a pattern to the trophies not unlocking, we could work around it, but I haven't figured it out assuming there indeed is one.

• 1 month later...

I just received the following from the dev:

"Thanks for contacting us. We are aware of the problem and it seems it's very difficult one, related to the PS4 system language. We know that changing system language to English will allow to get all the trophies. We've seen that community found workaround for this https://www.trueachievements.com/a240954/all-faces-of-death-achievement We have contacted Sony about it, because according to their and ours testing there should be no problem. We hope that temporary solution helps."

My system is already in English, so that doesn't seem fully accurate, but I'll definitely try the workaround and edit this comment when I know whether it works (though I'm fairly certain I must have died the same way three times in a row during the boss fights...).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played it last week, Trophies are still ultra glitched. I had to basically do a second playthrough, i think it's because the game doesn't autosave when it should like after boss fights and events consistently. I couldn't get more then one trophy per restart as it wouldn't autosave after the first event that I completed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just finished my first playthrough.  It's still crazy buggy so I wouldn't hold my breath on it getting patched.  It definitely seems to be a save issue.  If the game doesn't save it seems to not unlock, though there's one instance where that didn't seem to be the issue.

Normally I would just close and relaunch and the save before the boss died would be my most recent, so I could kill them again and be fine.  But the drunken worm saved as the boss died, no trophy.  So I couldn't reload and kill him again. Guess a short playthrough is in order.

• 7 months later...

I guess this is the state that the game is always going to be in, trophy wise. Gotta play it in an extremely particular way to be able to attain all trophies. Seems dying and continuing is what makes the trophies bug out, since the checkpoint/auto save doesn’t seem to actually properly work in terms of keeping track of everything that you’ve exactly done. Due to that, when I beat the game first play through, I only had earned 3 or so trophies in total. Same goes for when selecting chapters once you beat the game, game doesn’t seem to actually save your progress when replaying them. If you quit you’ll have to select the chapter again, and though you can die and restart from one of the checkpoints, in reality game ain’t tracking anything you do if replaying said chapter. I followed this guide and the comment that responded to the guide, and I was able to get all deaths trophy to pop no issue in my 3rd playthrough. Method used on this guide also helps preventing other trophies from bugging out. 
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/306450-all-faces-of-death-trophy/

• 2 years later...