All future DLC Cancelled??!

8 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

Looks like I may have to boost for the platinum afterall. Because I'm thinking the servers may not be up for much longer.... :(

Did you read that link? They said the lawsuit doesn't affect the game and they're still planning to launch dedicated servers. I don't think the game going away anytime soon is a threat.

Edited by KingGuy420

7 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

I seriously doubt they'll ever get those dedicated servers up. Without being legally able to release new DLC, and make money from said DLC, the game will be a dead stick, and after that it's only a matter of time. This lawsuit very much affects the game.

I think you're definitely over reacting lol. The game sold well and it's still active. If every game that wasn't making anymore dlc instantly turned around and shut down, 90% of the games running right now wouldn't be. PS3 would've had every single game shut down years ago.

As for the dedicated servers, if they don't bring them that's actually good for the game staying up. Hopefully they don't.

• Like 3

Been following this lawsuit for a few months and I figured it'd be a matter of time before it infected the video game space. For now, if you've already started the game and want the platinum, you'd better get busy. There's no doubt in my mind that this game is dead in the water and it's only a matter of time before it loses connectivity (even with the bold claim from the developer to provide dedicated servers).

8 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Looks like I may have to boost for the platinum afterall. Because I'm thinking the servers may not be up for much longer.... :(

Boosting is the only option with this game anyway... 1,000 matches as Jason is far too unrealistic to complete legitimately when it takes anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours to get a match as Jason. When I boosted the game it took me 2 months alone just to do these matches and that's not taking everything else into account.

I'm not surprised about the DLC being cancelled anyway, I haven't followed the lawsuit much but if it involves the films in any way then there's probably no other option for them. the game itself was a great concept but the novelty of the game gets old and boring pretty quickly. Dead By Deadlight seems like a better game.

Edited by SlimSanta94

they have been talking about dedicated servers since a few weeks after launch.  The game was quite successful at launch.  If they were going to bring in dedicated servers it seems to me they would have did it then at the height of their profits and play.  Companies don't pay for dedicated servers when the play is set to decline.  Quite the opposite they shut down dedicated servers.  Keep in mind this is a very inexperienced company and they are full of shit.  It's not quite like GTAV who can drop a doomsday heist 5 years into the game and bring back a million players and profit from it.  At this point things like dedicated servers and DLC cut into profit they do not generate additional profit especially for small companies like this.  

7 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I think you're definitely over reacting lol. The game sold well and it's still active. If every game that wasn't making anymore dlc instantly turned around and shut down, 90% of the games running right now wouldn't be. PS3 would've had every single game shut down years ago.

As for the dedicated servers, if they don't bring them that's actually good for the game staying up. Hopefully they don't.

I mean. It's not "That active" though.

I've played the last two days and have seen 3-4 of the same users to the day prior. I never have that happen in other games.. some of which released years before F13.

I will say this game has improved somewhat with the patches. Glad to see they are continuing to patch it. The servers are a must too.

21 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Another failed game? Not surprised.

The only things they were going to launch in the future was jason x and grendel map, I don't understand the irritation. After the last patch you have a chance to play with Jason 2 times in a row, they said it was a kind of "ticket" lol such as salty mines, unimaginative things to keep players playing this game..
They could add some single player challenge trophies... but no ! the game will die just like evolve

11 minutes ago, Nimera said:

The only things they were going to launch in the future was jason x and grendel map, I don't understand the irritation.

Part of the fanbase has an unhealthy attachment to Jason X so it angers them.

To those saying the game was a failure, it was the game making money and being a success that drew the attention of the lawsuit. Had it failed, this would have never happened.

23 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

Part of the fanbase has an unhealthy attachment to Jason X so it angers them.

To those saying the game was a failure, it was the game making money and being a success that drew the attention of the lawsuit. Had it failed, this would have never happened.

I dont use savini jason because most of times these kids annoying me with the same bullshit (you know what im talking about) 
Now try to imagine not having jason x in the future ..
I never said that the game was a failure, just said that it will die soon like other games. there are lobbys with 3 or 4 players when in the beginning were dozens of players ... I always pointed positive and negative points to this game. but im not mad about grendel map or jason x, i already spent enough time with this game

21 hours ago, Nimera said:

I dont use savini jason because most of times these kids annoying me with the same bullshit (you know what im talking about) 
Now try to imagine not having jason x in the future ..
I never said that the game was a failure, just said that it will die soon like other games. there are lobbys with 3 or 4 players when in the beginning were dozens of players ... I always pointed positive and negative points to this game. but im not mad about grendel map or jason x, i already spent enough time with this game

Oh I know you didn't, I didn't mean to make it sound like you did. That part had been directed at others saying it was. I know what you mean about Savini Jason, I've always been too afraid to use him in a public match.