AerisFlowerGirl

Geared Up: Share Your Stats!

9 posts in this topic

So I'm writing the guide over on playstationtrophies.org for this game and I need more information on Geared Up. I'm currently working on my own trophy and it's clear that several things don't count for the trophy. I currently have nearly 350 items, so I can say with certainty that starting items do not count towards this trophy. Even without starting items, I have 290 items, so something else clearly doesn't count. I'll finally be able to share my exact stats once the trophy pops, but if anyone unlocks theirs and wants to share their exact stats at the moment of unlocking, I'd love to compare. I'm going to be posting (and looking for):

1. Player level when I unlock the trophy

2. Breakdown of characters skins vs celebrations vs tricks

3. Vehicle skins

4. Do digital deluxe items count (16 vehicle skins and 2 tombstones).

If you're willing to help, that'd be awesome!

Hey x1001x_Puppys,

Me and a friend have just played through the entire Superstars mode in co-op and gotten the Platinum for Onrush, here's what we figured out.

• Their are 80 starting items, so people will have to deduct that from what ever they have, for example if you have 310 items, you actually only have 230.
  • Duplicated items DON'T seem to count. Although they give you credits, leveling doesn't always guarantee 3 unique items.
  • Buying items from the list of vehicle skins, tombstones, character related items, etc. DO count towards this trophy.

I had to continue playing until I was level 81, where as my friend got lucky and didn't get as many duplicated items, he got his trophy at 79.

Good luck with your guide over on PS3T.org! ☺️

Edited by NinjaChibusa

Thanks for the update. We've had a pretty good discussion going on trying to figure out why it's not popping for some. I already learned that the starting items and duplicates do not count. I was able to get mine on exactly 250, so I also figured out my digital deluxe skins didn't count. I have two members over on pst.org mentioning that they are well beyond 250 items without starting ones, and do not have the trophy.

After doing all the trophies, I was level 73. I had 234 total items (this is after deducting the 80 that you start out with). I felt it wasn't worth grinding out another ten hours to get the necessary crates/credits so I spent a little under $10 on micro-transactions to buy the remaining items I needed. I got this game for free so at least I'm helping the developers if nothing else.

Very interesting.  I hadn't thought of discounting the starting items.  I'm well into the 300s and I just assumed that celebrations and tricks may not count - as they could be construed not to be 'gear'.  When it pings I'll do a tot up and update this thread.... 

On 13/06/2018 at 10:26 PM, NinjaChibusa said:

Hey x1001x_Puppys,

Me and a friend have just played through the entire Superstars mode in co-op and gotten the Platinum for Onrush, here's what we figured out.

• Their are 80 starting items, so people will have to deduct that from what ever they have, for example if you have 310 items, you actually only have 230.
  • Duplicated items DON'T seem to count. Although they give you credits, leveling doesn't always guarantee 3 unique items.
  • Buying items from the list of vehicle skins, tombstones, character related items, etc. DO count towards this trophy.

I had to continue playing until I was level 81, where as my friend got lucky and didn't get as many duplicated items, he got his trophy at 79.

Good luck with your guide over on PS3T.org! 263a.png

I can confirm this aswel as mine popped today around the 80 level didn't pay attention when it did. 

Just pinged. I'm level 78. Got 129 vehicle items. 139 character items. 63 tombstones. So that's 331 in total. And if there is indeed 80 starting items then the maths is pretty bang on 

Just got the plat 

lvl 77

15h,13m

-82 Tombstones

-126 character gear

-124 vehicle gear

124+126+82-80=252 gear