Geared Up: Share Your Stats!

AyAerith

So I'm writing the guide over on playstationtrophies.org for this game and I need more information on Geared Up. I'm currently working on my own trophy and it's clear that several things don't count for the trophy. I currently have nearly 350 items, so I can say with certainty that starting items do not count towards this trophy. Even without starting items, I have 290 items, so something else clearly doesn't count. I'll finally be able to share my exact stats once the trophy pops, but if anyone unlocks theirs and wants to share their exact stats at the moment of unlocking, I'd love to compare. I'm going to be posting (and looking for):

1. Player level when I unlock the trophy

2. Breakdown of characters skins vs celebrations vs tricks

3. Vehicle skins

4. Do digital deluxe items count (16 vehicle skins and 2 tombstones).

If you're willing to help, that'd be awesome!

Hey x1001x_Puppys,

Me and a friend have just played through the entire Superstars mode in co-op and gotten the Platinum for Onrush, here's what we figured out.

• Their are 80 starting items, so people will have to deduct that from what ever they have, for example if you have 310 items, you actually only have 230.
  • Duplicated items DON'T seem to count. Although they give you credits, leveling doesn't always guarantee 3 unique items.
  • Buying items from the list of vehicle skins, tombstones, character related items, etc. DO count towards this trophy.

I had to continue playing until I was level 81, where as my friend got lucky and didn't get as many duplicated items, he got his trophy at 79.

Good luck with your guide over on PS3T.org! ☺️

Edited by NinjaChibusa
  • Like 1

Thanks for the update. We've had a pretty good discussion going on trying to figure out why it's not popping for some. I already learned that the starting items and duplicates do not count. I was able to get mine on exactly 250, so I also figured out my digital deluxe skins didn't count. I have two members over on pst.org mentioning that they are well beyond 250 items without starting ones, and do not have the trophy.

• 7 months later...

After doing all the trophies, I was level 73. I had 234 total items (this is after deducting the 80 that you start out with). I felt it wasn't worth grinding out another ten hours to get the necessary crates/credits so I spent a little under $10 on micro-transactions to buy the remaining items I needed. I got this game for free so at least I'm helping the developers if nothing else.

• Like 1

Very interesting.  I hadn't thought of discounting the starting items.  I'm well into the 300s and I just assumed that celebrations and tricks may not count - as they could be construed not to be 'gear'.  When it pings I'll do a tot up and update this thread.... 

On 13/06/2018 at 10:26 PM, NinjaChibusa said:

Hey x1001x_Puppys,

Me and a friend have just played through the entire Superstars mode in co-op and gotten the Platinum for Onrush, here's what we figured out.

• Their are 80 starting items, so people will have to deduct that from what ever they have, for example if you have 310 items, you actually only have 230.
  • Duplicated items DON'T seem to count. Although they give you credits, leveling doesn't always guarantee 3 unique items.
  • Buying items from the list of vehicle skins, tombstones, character related items, etc. DO count towards this trophy.

I had to continue playing until I was level 81, where as my friend got lucky and didn't get as many duplicated items, he got his trophy at 79.

Good luck with your guide over on PS3T.org! 263a.png

I can confirm this aswel as mine popped today around the 80 level didn't pay attention when it did. 

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 13/09/2020 at 9:52 AM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Hey there everyone :)

No necrobumping intended, but opening a new thread wouldn't have made sense either. 

If you're like me and have to grind out a few more levels in order to get Geared Up (I was level 66 with most things in the game done), you don't actually have to grind yourself if you own a turbo controller. 

Just choose the very first event in the story and auto - fire X and R2. You'll participate in the race over and over again and earn around 1k XP per race. During a night's worth of shut-eye, I ranked up 10 times. 

I hope this helps anybody still going for the platinum trophy! 

Greetings from Germany :)

Almost finished with the game, gonna leave it playing aswell. Thanks for the advice

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Question. Seeing as the online is shutting down on Sept. 30th, does it include your player level?

Because I don't know if you need to be able to have an online connection while playing the game in order to not only level up, but to collect more gear items for the trophy.

Yeah... That's what we all afraid actually... Check another topics - seems that you have to be online to gain the levels so... Better get ~80 lvl ASAP to earn lvl related trophies and 250 gear items...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UserNameButcher said:

If i start the game tomorrow i can finish the game until 30th of September? The best approach is just aim to complete the Superstar?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you will manage. I would say that you should aim to get lvl ~80 in order to get 250 items.

I reached level 78, opened all boxes, had a lot of duplicates. Then used all the earned money to buy some more items and it was still not enough. Had to reach level 81 and opened the boxes - finally got the trophy. @Bizzy_Montana_'s method for idle races (turbo pad X+R2 and leave it for the night on 1st race) works like a charm for it. Managed to get to lvl 88 with it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Smashero said:

Yes, you will manage. I would say that you should aim to get lvl ~80 in order to get 250 items.

I reached level 78, opened all boxes, had a lot of duplicates. Then used all the earned money to buy some more items and it was still not enough. Had to reach level 81 and opened the boxes - finally got the trophy. @Bizzy_Montana_'s method for idle races (turbo pad X+R2 and leave it for the night on 1st race) works like a charm for it. Managed to get to lvl 88 with it.

Really thank you for the answer, @Smashero.

I´ll start this today and i´ll leave the PS turn ON all night on turbo this way to already farming some XP and leave all night for that as well. Hope i´ll have some fun with this game. :)

Good weekend for everyone.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, UserNameButcher said:

Really thank you for the answer, @Smashero.

I´ll start this today and i´ll leave the PS turn ON all night on turbo this way to already farming some XP and leave all night for that as well. Hope i´ll have some fun with this game. :)

No problemo :]. It is "fun" for first 2-3 campaigns. but later IMHO it's just annoying due to requirements for the stars, dumb bots in your team and repetitive in general...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Smashero said:

That is good for getting those 2 trophies, but if you are looking to get the trophy for 5 Uber tags, you also need to work on the criteria for that, and you have to get at least 10 character tags for 1 uber tag, and for 1 character tag you need to win 15 events. The good news about this is that you can repeat the same event over and over again.

6 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

That is good for getting those 2 trophies, but if you are looking to get the trophy for 5 Uber tags, you also need to work on the criteria for that, and you have to get at least 10 character tags for 1 uber tag, and for 1 character tag you need to win 15 events. The good news about this is that you can repeat the same event over and over again.

That's correct. 4 Ubertags came naturally during working on the progress, 5th grinded with turbo pad (wins with Dynamo).