Favourite game/announcement of E3?

The_Kopite

Loving the look of many games like Spiderman, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Last of Us Part 2 and Resident Evil 2 (So excited for this one!!!)

Some surprise ones (to me anyways!) that looked pretty cool included that Ghost of Tsushima which was very stylish, Babylon's Fall which again looks very stylish (I'm a sucker for most things Square Enix!) and Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, which was surprising in the fact that to me it looked less like a typical AC game and more like the recent God of War or Shadow of War in regards to gameplay with the combat techniques and seemingly lack of stealth.

What are your favourite games or announcements from E3 folks? 

• Like 1

Quite a lot actually.

Must buys for me:

• Sekiro
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Dying Light 2
  • Just Cause 4
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Hitman 2
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Metro Exodus
  • The Last of Us Part 2
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Spider-Man

Interested, but need more info:

• Sea of Solitude
  • Captain Spirit
  • Fallout 76
  • Battlefield V
  • We Happy Few
  • Division 2
  • Black Desert Online
  • Jump Force
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Rage 2
  • Elder Scrolls 6
  • Doom Eternal
  • Starfield
  • Metal Wolf Chaos
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Babylon's Fall
  • The Quiet Man
  • Skull and Bones
  • Transference
  • The Crew 2
  • Twin Mirror
  • Control
  • Death Stranding
  • Nioh 2
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Anthem
  • Like 2

Tales of Vesperia, KH 3, Senran Kagura BA Full Course Edition and DQ XI for me.

I think these are all eventual buys, though only SK is day one unless I have a lot of spare time/money in my hands when DQ and KH roll in. The only real surprise here is Tales of Vesperia, which I gave up on a long time ago. It does look a bit dated looking at it now, but we'll see.

Might be interested in getting TES VI and AssCreed Odyssey from sales, maybe.

• Tales of Vesperia PS4 - Day 1 purchase, waiting for the Collector's Edition to drop
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 - Already pre-ordered
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider - waiting for all the eventual dlc's to drop
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - would like to see more gameplay
  • Control - see above.

I don't share the excitement of any game convention anymore, guess I've seen too many by now, but still it is nice to see what is happening. Out of all the announcement trailers I think Babylon's Fall looked quite interesting, even if it said almost nothing. Ghost of Tsushima is definitively a game I keep my eye on, I liked how authentic the combat felt, well most of the time and it seems a nice diversion from the usual game setting. But my favorite trailer is actually Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It seems this game is packed full of changes and I can't wait to get this one, even if I have to resurrect my PC for this game.

The least interesting was everything Bethesda announced, the Doom trailer was too generic, don't give a crap about Wolfenstein and the Elder Scrolls VI and Starfield trailers are completely meaningless. Only Fallout 76 seems quite nice but maybe in a few years when they finally fixed all the inevitable bugs.

• Like 2

Tales of Vesperia, I've heard nothing but good things and couldn't play it because we only got the 360 version.

Kingdom Hearts III, only been waiting most of my adult life on it.

Devil May Cry 5, not going to lie.  When I first saw the picture without context, I thought it was Geralt in Cyberpunk 2077.  I like this new Dante.

Cyberpunk 2077, Cyberpunk is my favorite punk aesthetic and CD Projeckt Red is great.

• Like 2

Out of everything that was shown at the conferences, my favourites in order were:

1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  2. Ghost of Tsushima
  3. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  4. Nioh 2
  5. Devil May Cry 5

I was expecting Resident Evil 2 Remake would be on this list, but unfortunately, it's not the kind of game I wanted. Still gonna play it, though.

I'm a big fan of FromSoftware's Soulsborne games, so of course I'm excited for Sekiro too. It looks like it changes the gameplay up with the grappling hook and I'm really digging the samurai/feudal Japan stuff. Ghost of Tsushima looks incredible and is by far the best upcoming first party exclusive in my opinion. That duel underneath the tree with the leaves blowing by blew my away. I'm so happy we're getting Tales of Vesperia on PS4! I love Tales and it's one of the if not the best game in the series. I've not played the first Nioh yet, but I'm thrilled a sequel is already on the way because it's definitely right up my alley. Never thought I'd be this excited about a Devil May Cry game, but the announcement trailer looked incredible and really makes me want to get into the series.

I'm sure The Last of Us: Part II will be good, but I can't bring myself to care for it. I guess I've grown kinda tired of Naughty Dog games in recent times. I'll buy it, but there are so many other games I'm looking forward to more. Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be a top-tier game when it comes out for sure, but its release date is so far away that I'm not really excited yet. I still need to platinum The Witcher 3 as well.

• Like 3

Kingdom Hearts 3 and Ghost of Tsushima were my two favorite games. I'll definitely buy Spiderman and TLOU 2. Death Stranding and Cyperpunk both look cool but I need to know a bit more lol.

I'll buy Assassin's Creed too, not that excited for it though. DMC5 has me interested in playing the older games in the series. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this year's conferences. 

• Like 2

1. Devil May Cry 5

2. Ghost of Tsushima

3. Shadows Die Twice

4. Cyberpunk 2077

5. Doom: Eternal

I also liked the Resident Evil 2 Remake trailer, and even though I'm not much into Elder Scrolls like I used to, I do like how Todd Howard teased everyone up until the end by revealing that teaser :P

But yeah, obviously DMC5 will be my top one since I've been waiting for that one for a while. Ghost of Tsushima and Shadows Die Twice look awesome and I really like the Samurai stuff that is in them. I've been wanting to play a Samurai game for a while and it feels like we've gotten spoiled this year with them on top of Nioh 2 being announced. Cyberpunk also looks pretty cool, and I really hope CD Projekt Red outdo themselves. And while I wasn't expecting Doom: Eternal since it still feels kind of early to me, I look forward to that one too.

• Like 2

A Lot.

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Soucalibur VI

• Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

• Kingdom Hearts III

• Spyro Reignited Trilogy

• Marvel’s Spider-Man

• Devil May Cry 5

• Fire Emblem: Three Houses

• Pokemon: Let’s Go

• Team Sonic Racing