Online Server Shutdown - August 27th

NetEntity

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Making this as a reminder for all the others who have this game in their library thanks to PS+ and haven't finished it yet.

It has two online trophies: I Made This, which requires you to create a level in the editor, upload it to the servers and then get five other people to upvote it, and System Analyst, which requires you to rate five levels of other users.

Both are quick, but the online has been lethargic for quite a while. I hope that this will boost the amount of people coming to the servers to finish this game.

The PS3 trophy list is identical, and I'm going to clone the thread over there as well shortly.

Cloned, the PS3 thread is here.

Edit as of July 26th: the online is apparently already down. Have tested it and can confirm, playing user levels seems to be impossible, at least at the time of writing, so don't start it, if you want to avoid unobtainables!

Spoiler

c39b1c7e7a5d86bacc62f9f86700244a.png

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 2

I picked this game up for Vita since it was only $5 and looked pretty interesting and I like it quite a bit. Shame I only noticed it now with the server shutdown, I might've tried drawing up some elaborate levels. The mechanics remind me of an old NES game, Solar Jetman, but this game is of course a lot more forgiving.

On 6/12/2018 at 10:26 PM, NetEntity said:

Making this as a reminder for all the others who have this game in their library thanks to PS+ and haven't finished it yet.

Just want to clarify that this games was only given to PS+ members in Germany, New Zealand and Russia (and only the Vita version on top of that?) since they didn't get "Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition".

My Vita version still works, PS3 doesn't. Both NA.

EDIT: I'm kind of unhappy because I bought the PS3 version just a day after it went down, so I've tried to contact JAW Ltd. through their site and twitter with no luck. Also contacted JAW's CEO on twitter, but I don't expect much to come of it. If anyone is interested in trying the same, please feel free.

Edited by RNumbers

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 0:26 PM, RNumbers said:

Got a reply from Stewart Gilray (the CEO), he seemed surprised and promised to check with Sony. This site still says 8/27, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope.

That link now says 6/22 for both versions, same for Bigfest. What the Hell is going on with Sony?

49 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

Just a heads up,  I tried playing online this morning and it actually worked. In case anyone still needs the online trophies. 

Could you test maybe if you can earn the online trophies? There are still no new achievers. Bought it also cause I thought end of August will be the shutdown and didn’t earn it yet.

6 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Just a heads up,  I tried playing online this morning and it actually worked. In case anyone still needs the online trophies. 

Can you describe exactly what you did? Because on my Vita, it looks like I can still access everything (earned the trophies before 6/22), but new players still cannot. I'm at work right now, but I'll try the PS3 version as soon as I get home.

5 hours ago, SNACH2497 said:

That link now says 6/22 for both versions, same for Bigfest. What the Hell is going on with Sony?

Yeah, they changed it after the fact. Looks like a CYA by someone who screwed up. The funny thing is, most of the other games are still up and will probably remain so at least till the August date. Pretty stupid.

Edited by RNumbers

23 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Can you describe exactly what you did? Because on my Vita, it looks like I can still access everything (earned the trophies before 6/22), but new players still cannot.

Earned mine well before 6/22. Can see the leaderboards (from the main menu option), but can't access anything. Attempting to actually search for levels/players returns the pinned termination message. If the game attempts to connect to the servers past level clear to update the leaderboard status, it crashes - the only solution is to launch it with Wi-Fi off. Turning the connection off during the game wields very mixed results. 

17 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Can you describe exactly what you did? Because on my Vita, it looks like I can still access everything (earned the trophies before 6/22), but new players still cannot. I'm at work right now, but I'll try the PS3 version as soon as I get home.

On my Vita I went to single player>play user levels>most recent users and selected the most recent user, Prarpin, from June 26th. His levels are playable for me.

I already knocked out the online trophies, not sure if or why that would have anything to do with it.

8 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

On my Vita I went to single player>play user levels>most recent users and selected the most recent user, Prarpin, from June 26th. His levels are playable for me.

I already knocked out the online trophies, not sure if or why that would have anything to do with it.

Yeah, this does seem to work on Vita, but for some reason new players can't do this. PS3 is still down. So no change, unfortunately.