Difficulty

PipeSwinger

I just recently purchased the Devil May Cry HD Collection. I'm almost done with the platinum for DmC: Devil May Cry so I'm going to put that game back in the case before I jump into the HD Collection. I did a little research and a lot people say that the first 3 Devil May Cry games are extremely difficult. I believe IGN even said you'll break a few controllers in the process. I don't want to get pissed off at a game. I've been down that road and I hate it. So my question is how much harder are the first 3 Devil May Cry games compared to DmC: Devil May Cry? 

1 isn't too bad on normal but on DMD its pretty ridiculous for some boss fights

2 is piss easy on all difficulties

3 is hard in the beginning but once you get the controls it gets easier, also the super costumes make it a lot easier

I found DmC easier then the HD collection because the controls are way more refined so its easier to evade and deal long combos to enemies.

Edited by A-Brawl3r
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I haven't played them in years although im getting the HD collection today, but i don't remember them being that difficult. Just follow what A-Brawl3r said and don't play on harder difficulties. There's nothing wrong with playing on easy if you don't want to get pissed off xD By the way they are amazing games, enjoy!

Edited by ImCorrupt

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I fully completed the HD Collection on My xbox account (Got it waiting for PS3) and while I haven't touched the other DmC game I can tell you what most people are saying is true.

Devil May Cry 1 is alright in difficulty. DMD mode then is just like a middle finger to you towards the end.
Devil May Cry 2 is cake. Also the worst game of the series, just saying.

Devil May Cry 3 is a handfull at times. But once you upgrade and learn patterns etc its a breeze

Edited by Kazeh54

• 4 weeks later...

As a gamer who likes to playthrough a series all at once if I get into a new one, I have noticed that games tend to get easier as newer ones come out. The only exception that I've heard of is God of War: Ascension but I haven't tried that one yet.

Edited by CuteBoringLove