How long until a flag is reviewed?

I flagged someone about 2 weeks ago because it was pretty clear he used a complete savefile to plat a game. Other fastest achievers took about 24 hours and this person only took 3 hours. Plus, there are trophies out of order.

Of course, I'm not gonna name this person or the game here in public, but I would like to know if it just takes longer than that usually.

It really depends on the game. There are only a handful (if that many) people that review the flags, and if those people don't have a really good grasp on the game it is possible it could pend until there is enough research to approve/disapprove the flag.

There is a small chance that if you messaged one of the flag team members directly with a really detailed explanation and sources to back up your logic it could be approved (or disapproved) faster.

• Like 1

hmm, 2 weeks really long but when i flagged a person it resulted in 2 days at most until now, games were re code veronica and es5 skyrim.. popular and known games that is to say.. 

thus, it may related with the popularity of the game as the above person said.. 

@Squirlruler It's not a very popular game but I gave a fairly detailed report with the flag.

It may be it, though, since most disputed flags I see are usually from much more popular games.

Thanks, I'll just keep waiting then. And if any mod needs more info, I can explain exactly how the game works and why stuff can't be done that fast.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

I flagged someone about 2 weeks ago because it was pretty clear he used a complete savefile to plat a game.

I flagged someone in September 2016 because that player used a clear save data to unlock 2 trophies which were only available in NG+ in the first playthrough, he also unlocked other collectible and time-consuming trophies within a short period of time due to carried over bonus  from Clear Save Data. I contacted one of flag team members in Jan 2018 and gave him a detailed explanation as well as sources. I’m not sure if his flag was approved, but I still see his profile on that game’s leaderboard now. So don’t expect too much :).

I think they may have already been flagged for the game. If they don’t use the site regularly they might not have seen the flag yet. Also they may not decide to dispute the flag at all. That’s if it is the dispute thread you are waiting on or am I missing something?

52 minutes ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

I think they may have already been flagged for the game. If they don’t use the site regularly they might not have seen the flag yet. Also they may not decide to dispute the flag at all. That’s if it is the dispute thread you are waiting on or am I missing something?

No, they are looking for the second step in the process. How the flag system works is:

1. someone finds a game they believe is cheated and reports it.

2. Someone on the flagging approval team reviews it and then either approves or disapproves it.

3. The person flagged (if approved) can do the dispute if they choose.

@AndresLionheart is looking for Step 2 to be completed.

Edited by Squirlruler
UGH @'ing someone is messing with my typing.

17 minutes ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

As @Squirlruler said, I'm waiting for the flag to be approved (or maybe it was disapproved already for some reason and I wouldn't know). If the person doesn't dispute it it doesn't matter, he would be out of the leaderboard regardless.

I've been checking the leaderboard and the player is still there, so that's why I asked since it's the first time I flag someone.

7 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

As @Squirlruler said, I'm waiting for the flag to be approved (or maybe it was disapproved already for some reason and I wouldn't know). If the person doesn't dispute it it doesn't matter, he would be out of the leaderboard regardless.

I've been checking the leaderboard and the player is still there, so that's why I asked since it's the first time I flag someone.

Oh ok ? sorry I misunderstood.

I don't think you are told if your flag is dis-approved. I flagged someone who obviously cheated a while back too, and they're still on. Pretty sure the flag team just gave them a pass, either because they didn't know about the game, or because said member was a premium.

7 minutes ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

I don't think you are told if your flag is dis-approved.

No, you aren't told. The flag system tells you outright that you'll get no notification on how the procedure follows through.

But if It's not the first time something like this happened I guess it's just how it goes.

The person being removed from the leaderboards or not doesn't really affect me since I don't care about that stuff (I completed said game in like 2 weeks, so my rank doesn't even come into play) but I just wanted to do my job as a community member =p.

Sometimes they let a few build up and it takes a few weeks for them to verify what they have in the queue, which is normal. But if nothing ever happens they may have marked it legitimate. 

@AndresLionheart - I don't see yours in the queue so it may have been marked as legit, you could message MMDE about it and see why they determined that

Edited by BlindMango

6 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Sometimes they let a few build up and it takes a few weeks for them to verify what they have in the queue, which is normal. But if nothing ever happens they may have marked it legitimate. 

Been a little longer than a few weeks on the God of War one that's obviously not legitamite. ?

1 minute ago, Darpiom said:

Since when regular members have a right to flag someone? 

You don't need to be a premium member to flag someone; it has been changed a while ago. As long as you have the game on your profile, you can report someone. 

5 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

I flagged someone about 2 weeks ago because it was pretty clear he used a complete savefile to plat a game. Other fastest achievers took about 24 hours and this person only took 3 hours. Plus, there are trophies out of order.

Funny how a trophy for playing the game for 20+ hrs is completed in 3hrs... :hmm:

7 minutes ago, MMDE said:

That report is still in the queue. I've not played God of War. I do however know that people have been speedrunning it since it was released. Your report said that it takes longer to go between locations in the game than the gaps of these trophies allow. How should I determine this from what you provided?

Fastest recorded speedrun (that I'm aware of) of just the story is 6.5 hours, doing the rest of the cleanup takes about the same amount of time as the story if not longer if you ignored all the collectibles when doing the story (which the speedrun times do). Doing all of it sub 4 hours is outright impossible. 

55 minutes ago, Gage said:

Fastest recorded speedrun (that I'm aware of) of just the story is 6.5 hours, doing the rest of the cleanup takes about the same amount of time as the story if not longer if you ignored all the collectibles when doing the story (which the speedrun times do). Doing all of it sub 4 hours is outright impossible. 

I approved the report now, got some other info on the game, and the person you reported. Try to google the username! :P 

1 hour ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Maybe they played it for 17hrs before they got a trophy 1f609.png

1 hour ago, donut_plz said:

Thats a good point... :eyebrow:

Yeah for the record, this is an established method for platinum speed runners in certain games e.g. MGS4, Saints Row 3, 4 etc.

Any game that has a trophy requiring x amount of hours or has part of a trophy that is tied to playtime, if you're actually gunning for top spot then you'll idle the game for x-1 amount of hours in order to waste as little time as possible once the first trophy dings. Usually during this time you'll also do as much as possible without popping a single trophy e.g. a certain % of collectables, depending on how the collectable trophies are distributed in said game.

And it's perfectly legit to do so.

Trophies like play 30 or 40 hours are stupid imo. It's just an unneessary tax on your system whichever way you do it, as more often that not even as a completionist there is not enough content to justify those times.

Edited by Zolkovo

I was about to type a message to @MMDE, but it seems the flag just got approved since the player in question isn't appearing in the fastest achievers anymore. I guess that saves me all the explanations I had in mind =P. I will keep lurking around in case I see the dispute happen. Thanks again to everyone =D