Really glad this was free

rosst-canada

15 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Hmmm. I can imagine some particularly irate, warm blooded, egg laying, feathered vertebrates having something to say about that gameplay. 

Its hard to put a patent on physics :)

The game is on my list for sure, I just haven't had opportunity / need  to play my PSV for a while.

King Oddball is pretty good indeed. Doing all levels with one stone or one stone less or whatever it was, that can be a bit frustrating and overwhelming at first.

If you like this game, definitely check out their other games:

https://psnprofiles.com/games?publisher=3152-10tons-ltd

They usually do a pretty decent job with the games. I enjoyed Tennis in the Face and Neon Chrome even more than King Oddball. Tennis in the Face is often on sale at a pretty damn low price, and Neon Chrome has also been PS+ game. Totally forgot they made Sparkle 2 as well, which I also enjoyed, but beware it takes a little while. I have second fastest 100% time, and that's 8 days. lulz Takes like 20+ hours IIRC.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

On 6/14/2018 at 2:26 AM, StrickenBiged said:

Hmmm. I can imagine some particularly irate, warm blooded, egg laying, feathered vertebrates having something to say about that gameplay. 

Weren't those particularly irate, warm blooded, egg laying, feathered vertebrates a bit of a ripoff themselves? 

On 6/16/2018 at 6:09 PM, LunchCannon54 said:

Weren't those particularly irate, warm blooded, egg laying, feathered vertebrates a bit of a ripoff themselves?

I suppose, but it's much harder to reference the more obscure browser game, which also didn't have characters, as such, who might be able to take a view on anything, let alone the gameplay of King Oddball. ;) 

On 6/13/2018 at 9:26 AM, StrickenBiged said:

I would definitely say it's WAY different than Angry Turds. In any case, I don't think Oddball was as successful as flinging Turds.

@rosst-canada

I was definitely expecting a negative thread based on the title. Glad I was wrong. This was definitely anawesome game. I recommend it all day long. I bought it prior to it being on ps+ though. I actually wasn't aware it had separate trophy lists, so when I started it on the vita after getting 100% on the 3, I was pleasantly surprised when trophies started popping. I was just going to enjoy it on the vita for kicks since I had recently been given one at the time.

It's pretty obvious 10 Tons Ltd are taking a lot of inspiration and ideas from other popular and successful games, but they mostly take the best from those games and make their own twist on it. The games don't just feel as much like a quick cash-in as one would expect, pretty obvious some time and love has been put into the games.

• Like 2