online server down?!

hopefully it comes back but I highly doubt it will. I wouldn't mind however a ps4 remaster with exactly the same trophy list so I could have a go at it. Also if it somehow does come back I won't hesitance to buy this game and complete it before it truly goes away.        

Edited by dragon11gggg

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, G_B0mb--8 said:

If that's the case, shouldn´t they have removed the multiplayer related DLC?

https://store.playstation.com/pt-pt/grid/EP1018-NPEJ00209_00-B000000000000654/1?relationship=add-ons

Well it unfortunately is the case because no one as earned a multiplayer trophy since the 12th. I have a theory however that because the dlc isn't removed yet the servers will come back however when they come back the developers will give a proper server shut down date. That or they want to keep making money for the dlc and they don't really care at this point about the game.     

On 6/13/2018 at 3:38 PM, Sergen said:

There's nothing to complain about here, they were more than generous with what they did, the official server shutdown notice said that it was going to shut down on December 4th, 2016, so you've had over a year and a half to go and get those trophies since that date.

Yeah but no. It's an incredibly scummy thing to do. Sony issued two shutdown notices for LittleBigPlanet Kart.

3 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Yeah but no. It's an incredibly scummy thing to do. Sony issued two shutdown notices for LittleBigPlanet Kart.

When you looked at this game’s trophy list since the server shutdown announcement, at the side there’s a thread mentioning the previous date. Anyone who cared about this game should have done it by now simply because it lasted 1 and a half years after the shutdown notice. The scummy thing would be shutting the server earlier than the announced date, but giving it 1.5 extra years is incredibly fair regardless of not announcing it again. There’s a good chance they forgot they were supposed to close it on December 4th, 2016 and instead decided to close it now when they realised it was still up. 

It’s been on your trophy list since 2016 at 0%, would you say it was scummy if you’d actually bothered to start the game in the last 1.5 years? 

On 22/06/2018 at 11:12 PM, G_B0mb--8 said:

If that's the case, shouldn´t they have removed the multiplayer related DLC?

https://store.playstation.com/pt-pt/grid/EP1018-NPEJ00209_00-B000000000000654/1?relationship=add-ons

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin still has DLC for multiplayer on the store too. It's a scam to keep selling multiplayer oriented DLC without actually providing them the multiplayer experience. If your DLC says "Online Gameplay for 16 people" or something, they shouldn't then be scamming people when they buy it expecting that. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 3

They could be pulling a Marvel Heroes...lol.

Such a shame.

I made it a point to get every annoying MP trophy for this game as soon as it came out. Knew it was a bad idea.

On 6/13/2018 at 3:38 PM, Sergen said:

There's nothing to complain about here, they were more than generous with what they did, the official server shutdown notice said that it was going to shut down on December 4th, 2016, so you've had over a year and a half to go and get those trophies since that date. However, this error has happened a few times I think, so maybe it'll be back, but you were playing with fire trying to do the trophies for the game this late after the server shutdown announcement. 

Agreed, I missed my Knack cut-off date with tons of items to upload so that should add 10ish hours to my game. Gotta keep up man. I got the plat for Demons Souls the day before the servers shut down myself. 

16 hours ago, Sergen said:

It’s been on your trophy list since 2016 at 0%, would you say it was scummy if you’d actually bothered to start the game in the last 1.5 years?

I don't really give a fuck about trophies. Just look at the rest of my list. People care way too much about trophies to some how think that's excusable behavior for a publisher to do a shitty thing.

If you have the decency to announce a shutdown once, surely you have the decency to announce it a second time over a year later. They announced when they were shutting down the marketplace for the new Mordor game which outside of a few whales or people with more money than common sense, no one cared about. This is actual game content.

15 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

They could be pulling a Marvel Heroes...lol.

Completely different circumstances.

3 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

I don't really give a fuck about trophies. Just look at the rest of my list. People care way too much about trophies to some how think that's excusable behavior for a publisher to do a shitty thing.

If you have the decency to announce a shutdown once, surely you have the decency to announce it a second time over a year later. They announced when they were shutting down the marketplace for the new Mordor game which outside of a few whales or people with more money than common sense, no one cared about. This is actual game content.

Completely different circumstances.

I think there's also a chance they haven't manually shut it down yet (the leaderboards for challenges still work), but I think if anyone emailed them asking if it's down then they might respond with an automated email saying they're sorry it isn't working or some crap. I wouldn't expect them to fix this if it's brought to their attention. Don't get me wrong, I don't like server closures either, but when you've had over 1.5 years since the date that it was supposed to close, there's no excuse to have not done it by now.

Edited by Sergen

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Nope, just the 11

Ok. Good to know.

Was baffled because of the "Perfectionist" trophy saying that you have to get all medals on "Custom" maps in Challenge mode. I thought "Custom" was meant to be some sort of community made stuff.

Edited by Ghanupher

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2019 at 5:08 AM, RikuKelev said:

Goddamn it. DLC 1 pack (earning medals in challenge mode) and every second map get a connection error... This explains it. Damn... 

The servers are not down. Just played yesterday. Those clickbait titles are always bad IMO.

12 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

The servers are not down. Just played yesterday. Those clickbait titles are always bad IMO.

Haven't played the mp, cause I've got the plat a while ago. So you could be right. 

I just got the medal trophies for the DLC though. It's weird that it doesn't give you the medals when there's a connection error and can't sync with the leaderboard. I just switched Internet of got the medals and turned it on again when I was done. 

• 2 months later...

Oh shit. I sure hope they're still up. I passed on this when it came out because I was horrid at Freeflow challenges back then and I imagined the online to be bad. I was bewildered when I found out it was last gen only. ? Anyone have any idea how active the mp is?